PDA

View Full Version : seasonal contract from per cut

Turf Troll
12-27-2005, 10:33 PM
I would like to switch from per cut to charging for the entire mowing season to try to cover myself from the heat wave / drought conditions. Anyone using that type of contract , would you care to share or barter?
sandaservices@juno.com
Thanks

o-so-n-so
12-27-2005, 10:55 PM
Explain to us exactly what your wanting to achieve....Monthly billing (bill for work performed)....Yearly contracts (12 equal payments). I do yearly contracts with 12 equal payments but I base this on 30 cuts a year and add 6 services for leaves and can add any service the customer request. Its all factored in a annual total and divided by 12. In case of a drought I adjust on last payments or continue services until I reach 30 cuts. (((nutshell version)))

I have tweaked this agreement over the pass few years and its working good for me as well as my customers. :)

horseman201
12-27-2005, 11:18 PM
I do the same thing and it works good for me. My customers like the 12 month billing. I use 24 mowings instead of 30. I build in 6 weeks of rainy or dry weather. This also covers me if I have a breakdown on equipment. If we go over the contract number of mowings the customer makes the difference up to me or I adjust the leaf removals in the fall.

teeca
12-27-2005, 11:34 PM
o-so,
what software are you using? and how do your customers respond to 12 month billing, more so the residential, and do you also include or offer a fert program in the same setup? trees etc.. sorry for all the questions

Turf Troll
12-27-2005, 11:36 PM
Depending on the weather I get 28 to 30 cuts or should. 2005 it was 20 to 24 depending on fert, height etc. Going out but only being able to cut half the lawns on that day's schedule , but I am still stopping to see if it needs cut so I am creating an expense going there I would like to recoup it some how? Thats were I need some help, I'm stuck.

teeca
12-27-2005, 11:43 PM
i have worked for company's that sell 26 cuts (standard for my area, like yours i'm sure) and thats weather they need it or not (e.g. if you only mow 20 times, they still get billed 26, if it goes over, then you eat it). they do the same with snow plowing. commercial i can see that would work, resid. i can see not getting paid. (these are VERY large accounts the company services')

Turf Troll
12-27-2005, 11:47 PM
o-so,
what software are you using? and how do your customers respond to 12 month billing, more so the residential, and do you also include or offer a fert program in the same setup? trees etc.. sorry for all the questions

I'm using Groundskeeper pro most of the time some times quickbooks, mowing is a stand alone charge.
I had a hernia and a problem with a nerve in my foot in late 2004 and only kept key accounts took on no landscaping work went from 3 helpers to a (1)part time person. So I'm looking to grow again so it would be a contract for new customers (mowing).
Thanks

Turf Troll
12-27-2005, 11:50 PM
i have worked for company's that sell 26 cuts (standard for my area, like yours i'm sure) and thats weather they need it or not (e.g. if you only mow 20 times, they still get billed 26, if it goes over, then you eat it). they do the same with snow plowing. commercial i can see that would work, resid. i can see not getting paid. (these are VERY large accounts the company services')

Thats it, that is the type I am looking to set up.

qualitylawnmanagement
12-28-2005, 12:45 AM
I would like to switch from per cut to charging for the entire mowing season to try to cover myself from the heat wave / drought conditions. Anyone using that type of contract , would you care to share or barter?
sandaservices@juno.com
Thanks

Send you a copy of mine. Let me know how you like it?

thanks mike

qualitylawnmanagement
12-28-2005, 12:50 AM
opps sent you the wrong on the first time. I didn't know you wanted to have a per month contract, but sent you a per month contract, it states that you by here pay this per month for 12 months. this should help you out on droughts.

thanks mike

Green-Pro
12-28-2005, 01:02 AM
I just sent out letters to the full service to near full service clients I have that basically laid out three payment options for them.

Option #1 pay bi-yearly for pre-agreed upon services, due March 15 and Nov 15

Option #2 pay annually by month, 12 equal payments for pre-agreed services.

with these first two options I offer them a 5% discount for signing by Jan. 15, so far #1 has been pretty well received. with a few others going for option #2. I base # of cuts on an average for our locale, also as I said many are full service accounts so there is fert & squirt, spring/fall cleanup, spring/fall gutter cleaning, mulch, hedge/shrub/bush trimming, etc. I also state explicitly any thing outside the scope (landsacpe/hardscape installs) of agree upon services will be invoiced as a completely separate service. I still have a few dinosaurs though that want to stay in the same old routine, hence,

Option #3 continue to be invoiced for services used through the season on a monthly basis, no discount.

HOOLIE
12-28-2005, 01:24 AM
I have a few customers on a flat-rate contract. I left out any mention of the total, or estimated cuts for the season...I just worded it as "mowing will be provided weekly or AS NEEDED during the mowing season, typically late March/early April through mid-November."

I didn't have much luck converting customers to this billing method, however. I plan on selling a flat-rate contract to new customers, and let the old ones get billed the old way. People don't seem to like to switch.

tcb4566
01-30-2006, 10:48 PM
:gunsfirin opps sent you the wrong on the first time. I didn't know you wanted to have a per month contract, but sent you a per month contract, it states that you by here pay this per month for 12 months. this should help you out on droughts.

thanks mike