PDA

View Full Version : Offer accepted on Enclosed - dilemma ensues....

Envision
12-30-2005, 12:00 PM
Here is the deal, spoke to this person a couple of months ago about buying a 2003 Haulmark Transport 7 x 14, dual axle, ramp gate with diamond tread, good condition, barely used, have only seen pictures. Back then it was $3900 and they wouldn't budge on price, so I wasn't interested.

Now, it is in the paper for $3700 so I decided to shoot them an offer. I offered them $3000 and they bit, however they stipulated that the deal had to be done by the end of the year to shift tax liability from them to me come tax time next December. I figured this might happen so that is why I offered them what I did, to build in that extra $100 in taxes next year. I am going to look at it tomorrow (Dec. 31st) and may take it depending on the responses here...

The dilemna is that I don't really absolutely need this particular trailer and could wait. I don't think they will sell it any time soon as they haven't had any luck recently. I am thinking about waiting a month and then try to buy it again.

What you guys do? Do you feel this is a good price for the trailer beings it is a light to medium duty? It has 24" centers vs. 16" centers on heavier duty models. For those that the Transport models, how are they holding up?

cochino12
12-30-2005, 12:54 PM
For some reason trailers here in Colorado are VERY expensive, so I would jump all over it.

Jpocket
12-30-2005, 02:30 PM
Haul mark makes good trailers, I personally would look for a nice older trailer for around $2,000. If you've got the money to burn and must have it I'd say buy it! Just remember this isn't really the time of year to buy things we really don't need lol. It could be a long cold winter.