PDA

View Full Version : How to get names and addresses of new homeowners?

SouthernYankee
12-30-2005, 01:52 PM
I when I moved into the house that I am renting, I got a lot of mail from landscape companies that new that I had moved into my house.

A friend of mine bought a new house and he got the same deal, tons of personalized mail targeting him.

How do I go about getting these names? Do I have to find a real estate agent to give me names of people who are closing on houses?

GraZZmaZter
12-30-2005, 02:28 PM
Good question!

As i have no immediate answer, let me brainstorm a smidge.

Your on the right path. Try calling around to relators in your area and ask some questions.

Next, try contacting those annoying junkmail senders to see if they will divulge some ever precious information.

Or just try a search on this site!

Good luck!

HOOLIE
12-30-2005, 02:34 PM
The newspaper here, either weekly or every other week (can't remember) prints a list of home sales, with the new owner's name and address. The purchase price is also listed, in case you want to target a certain income level.

grasswhacker
12-30-2005, 02:35 PM
You should be able to get a new move in list from the chamber of commerce or the county your in.

Lux Lawn
12-30-2005, 02:39 PM
The newspaper here, either weekly or every other week (can't remember) prints a list of home sales, with the new owner's name and address. The purchase price is also listed, in case you want to target a certain income level.

They do that here as well but the list's are always like 4-6 weeks old so it doesn't help much.This time of year is not bad if you save the ads you can sen out some of your marketing materials first thing in the spring.But in the summer if you get a list and they have been there for 6 weeks,then its too late.

olderthandirt
12-30-2005, 03:45 PM
County Recorders office has a record of all deed transfers stop in once a wk and pick up the latest versions. You can ofter know who's moving in before they actually move in

HOOLIE
12-30-2005, 03:52 PM
They do that here as well but the list's are always like 4-6 weeks old so it doesn't help much.This time of year is not bad if you save the ads you can sen out some of your marketing materials first thing in the spring.But in the summer if you get a list and they have been there for 6 weeks,then its too late.

That's true, those listings are sometimes pretty dated.

Turf Troll
12-30-2005, 04:48 PM
www.infousa.com
These people can give you the information

Fantasy Lawns
12-30-2005, 05:10 PM
Info is a very good one ..... I used em on a 10k mailing years ago ....think it was like total of $2500 for everything .... list, printing, mailing .... used it to just to get the name out n such ..... got bout 3% return (30)

Direct mailing is very slim .... I use the court records of new sales myself n stream line it to just a few hundred each spring .... I also send very nice glossy brocures to the big estates n condo's etc ..... out of say maybe 300 ..... I may get anywere from 1-5 calls

Here's another list dealer
http://www.aboutlists.com/marcohen/mailing.htm

DUSTYCEDAR
12-30-2005, 05:26 PM
there r services that do it for you