PDA

View Full Version : Marcus Rescued from Underwater

MarcusLndscp
12-30-2005, 08:26 PM
Hello everyone!
I appologize for not having posted pics for some time now but my boss tried to get me to open up that treacherous job site I told you about and we almost had a fatality on our hands. The machine was saved as well although it needed some service and is still in the shop receiving much needed repairs. I left the situation with a few broken ribs and a wet pair of britches. These pictures are emotional for me to look at so please always think of safety first while you work okay guys and gals.

Please read the first commentary and then view the numbered picture that matches it...then come back and read the next commentary and then view the pic that matches it. Continue until done.

The picture that was actually labelled as #1 was too graphic to show here. This is why pic 1 is actually #2 and pic 2 is actually labelled #3 etc.

Picture one - this is a pic of me trapped under the boom of the machine. The water was ice cold which took some of my pain away and as you can see the lake had a rather sandy bottom which allowed an "Incredible" rescuer to dig me out much easier. --- Now view pic labelled #2

Picture two - Unfortunately I brought my dog to work that day so he had to witness what happened. In this pic he waited on the sandy beach until my rescue team arrived...I could hear him wimpering.... even under water! --- Now view pic labelled #3

Picture three - It seemed like forever to me although it was only a matter of 1 minute 23 seconds when this police officer showed up with his motorcycle (I know it's december but we live near Laconia where thousands show up for Bike Week every year and some of these guys just won't stop riding, it's a year round addiction for them). Along followed Dash from the Incredibles and Dora the Explorer (Dora was there for any Spanish translation that may have been needed I guess). --- Now view pic labelled #4

Picture four - This is a pic of Dash who obviously is a true hero. Here he is diving deep down to my rescue. You might be able to also notice a big fish that almost ate me while I was down under (no not in Aus. Squizzy) thankfully Dash got there first --- Now view pic labelled #5

Picture five - In this last pic you can see all of us along the shore. I was safe and so was our machine. Dash actually carried the excavator up on his back. This picture really brings a tear to my eye...I will love my new friends forever.

Happy New Year All!!!

grass_cuttin_fool
12-30-2005, 08:39 PM
Nice thread, nice story......(hahahah)...............I thought John and I had too much time on our hands with Eric's "what happened to my thread" but gheeze............ Wonder how much its gonna cost to get your "machine" back up and running again, hope its not too much water damage~!

mbella
12-30-2005, 10:08 PM
I heard that Dash is AKA Green Monster. That would explain how he arrived so quickly and displayed that superhuman strength.

Seriously, Marc, this thread is hilarious. It is positively one of, if not, the most comical threads I have seen here.

Marcus, YOU are da man.

Squizzy246B
12-31-2005, 01:51 AM
I don't think you guys are taking this seriously...Marcus could have been killed!...and I still have a mind to report this incident to the SPACE..(Society for the Prevention of Accidents and Cruelty to Excavators):blob4: :blob4:

stuie
12-31-2005, 02:29 AM
I cannot believe you survived! :cry:
Go out and buy yourself a lottery ticketpayup
Another reason to make sure you tell those close to you how much you love them everyday :blob1:
Can we start a thread to pray for you and your continued recovery?:confused:
Oh hell il just start praying for you right now! :drinkup:
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

MarcusLndscp
12-31-2005, 09:28 AM
Thank you for your prayers and cheers. As you can see in the last pic I started throwing back a few cold ones when I was freed. You ask where did I get this beer? Well, it was in Dora's backpack of course. That girl has everything in there. And yes these are all my toys I've been collecting.

Just kidding we have a 3 year old at home

Squizzy246B
12-31-2005, 09:30 AM
Marcus, you need to review your marine salvage procedures....

You should have used one of these:

MarcusLndscp
12-31-2005, 10:57 AM
I've tried to buy those for our 3 year old a thousand times but everytime I try the idea is shot down. I'm not sure why, I know every 3 year old girl dreams of having one don't they?

git er done landscaping
12-31-2005, 04:43 PM
i'm glad you made it out ok! and as for the beer in doras backpack. yum yum yum deliciouso!!

sheshovel
12-31-2005, 06:00 PM
Well I am the only dummie who did not follow instructions(that I am known not to always do)and read the post completely through before viewing the pics.
and fell for it hook line and sinker(get it sinker?)LOL
You actually had me going and thinking OMG!

stuie
12-31-2005, 06:19 PM
Thats Tonka tough Squizzy:) My landscape equipment is pushing the 35 years old mark Sure some needs new paint and a few dents pulled but they were made in the good old Australia When things were built to last! None of this cheaply made and obviously downright unsuitable for the intended task rubbish.
Never had a accident with my Tonkas and they did some work!
Buy your girl a Tonka SHE WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER!:) :) :) :) :)

mbella
12-31-2005, 09:02 PM
Well I am the only dummie who did not follow instructions(that I am known not to always do)and read the post completely through before viewing the pics.
and fell for it hook line and sinker(get it sinker?)LOL
You actually had me going and thinking OMG!

I hope you got it before you read pic 4.:) :)

PurpHaze
01-01-2006, 11:27 AM
Way too F---ing funny!!!! Don't go global with this story because I hear that action figures demand way too much of the pie. :dizzy:

MarcusLndscp
01-02-2006, 05:22 PM
Git er Done - When she handed the beer to me she said "Abre" Is that how you spell it? Anyways she said that and the beer opened for me.

That's pretty damn funny you believed the story sheshovel.

I'm not allowed to buy Tonka for her although last year I managed to squeeze in a Power Wheels Jeep Wrangler to match my real one.

cgland
01-03-2006, 07:36 PM
Marcus - I'm glad to see you are OK!!!!!:cry: You had us worried. I bet Green Monster was beside himself when he heard the terrible news.

Chris

PurpHaze
01-05-2006, 09:46 PM
Marcus... If you're going to work near water maybe you should have one of these in your bag of tricks also? :p

MarcusLndscp
01-06-2006, 10:10 AM
It's funny you mention that. You know Scuba Steve from the movie Big Daddy with Adam Sandler? While I was enclosed in the cab under water I saw the bast$rd swim right by me. He never even stopped to help. That's the last time I go see any of his movies!

cedarcroft
01-06-2006, 11:52 PM
I know you don't know me well, but I was there and rushed down on my tobogan from my mountainside lodge to try and save you but they had already gotten you safely ashore. this was documented in my first picture. (click below)
I am glad you are OK.
The rescue trip wasn't wasted though, because amidst all the confusion of your accident and the screaming three year olds looking for Dora's autograph, an injured man was nearby without proper first aid. luckily me and my rescue team were able to procure emergency transportation and get the injured man to safety. (picture 2 below)

Thank god you are OK and have lived to tell the tale.

Squizzy246B
03-02-2006, 08:55 AM
Due to the new found hazards of excavating I decided to buy some new recovery equipment...thought this thread might be appropriate.

Actually it was offspring pressure:rolleyes: Do you think it will make a soon to be 4 year old happy?

The skid is his favourite..at the moment. I'll be fitting the D11 with a recovery winch for Marcus:laugh:

PurpHaze
03-02-2006, 09:44 PM
Oh... absolutely effing great! You mean there's a Lil' Squizzy and he's going to get his own set of excavators to tear up irrigation??? Say it aint so!!! :laugh:

Squizzy246B
03-02-2006, 10:39 PM
Oh... absolutely effing great! You mean there's a Lil' Squizzy and he's going to get his own set of excavators to tear up irrigation??? Say it aint so!!! :laugh:

Hayes, there is two of them, the soon to be 4 year old has just finished helping me sharpen the cutting edges on our buckets..Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk!:laugh:

PurpHaze
03-03-2006, 07:43 AM
Hayes, there is two of them, the soon to be 4 year old has just finished helping me sharpen the cutting edges on our buckets..Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk!:laugh:

So... we have the "Three Squizzys" instead of the Three Stooges??? :laugh:

Squizzy246B
03-12-2006, 01:01 AM
You are so cruel:cry:

:laugh: