PDA

View Full Version : ramp tailgate for shortbox?

peewee
04-04-2001, 10:14 PM
I have a 2001 Chevy 4x4 extended cab shortbox truck. I cut grass residentially and don't really want to haul a trailer if I don't absolutely have to. Is there one of those folding tailgate ramps available that will reach the ground without too much slope? I hope to drive a garden tractor up it. If not I am open to suggestions as to what the best set up is for multiple on off situations. thanks.

MTCK
04-04-2001, 10:36 PM
I'd check Cabella's or a comparable outdoor type company and try to find a four wheeler ramp. Would this work? Most of them are pretty steep. You could also try your local ATV dealer.

Alan
04-04-2001, 11:23 PM
The breakover angle at the top is what will bite you on that setup. Few tractor type mowers will ahve clearance enough to let the mower clear the angle where the ramp meets the tailgate.

Smither
04-05-2001, 10:01 AM
They have folding steel and aluminum ramps that flatten out at the top of the ramp, just for lawn tractors. Check Northern or Sears. These are not full width ramps, just 2 ramps, one for each tire. Probably around $150.

SLSNursery
04-06-2001, 05:34 PM
Try this link. Lawrence Stone mentioned his, and I order a custom one a couple of weeks ago.

http://www.greenerpast.com/handyramp/