PDA

View Full Version : cut-off saw

paolaken
01-02-2006, 12:21 PM
anyone know anything about partner cut-off saws? any good?

Lawn Masters
01-02-2006, 01:16 PM
the Partner name is good quality in general. the cutoff saws are pretty good quality, unfortunately, they dont still make chainsaws anymore.

chesie
01-02-2006, 04:59 PM
We have both Partner & Stihl saws. My guys and myself included will p/u the Partner before the Stihl. Alot of that is the sheer fact that the Partner is a thousand times easier to start. Good saw.

Tony Clifton
01-02-2006, 06:09 PM
We have one, it is having some carb work done right now, but I think that is is our fault. I would buy another, starts easy, runs great.

PAPS Landscape Design
01-02-2006, 06:24 PM
We have had like 6? Partner K-700 and K-750 over the last 2-3 years. They are easily the best saw's on the market and we have used them all. I would never buy anything other then a Partner again. They don't even compare to a Stihl.

UNISCAPER
01-02-2006, 07:01 PM
We have Partner and Husqvarna. The Partner is a good saw, next to a Husqvarna, second best. The Husky's have more power, and don't waste as many belts as the Partners.

kris
01-02-2006, 07:58 PM
Use to be die hard Stihl fan but changed to partner and have never looked back... run the 950's. Main reason for switching was the filtration system ... At the time Partners were much more idiot proof. With multiple users that is what we needed ... I believe Stihl may have improved now.

JKOOPERS
01-04-2006, 01:31 AM
partners is by far easier to start. mine starts on the first or second pull.

LawnScapers of Dayton
01-04-2006, 06:14 AM
I have used Partner for years as equipment on the Fire Engines and Ladder truck I ride. They all were very hard to start and keep running. They were also very heavy. We have replaced them all with Huskys (compact, light, powerful) and Stihls (smaller and more reliable)....

I will say this......if they got used regularly they may have performed better. We do start them every moring and run them 1-2 times a week.

cgland
01-04-2006, 09:39 AM
We have 2 Partners. Love em! Easy to start, light, more power, and the filtration system. I think they are balanced better too.

Chris

Squizzy246B
01-04-2006, 10:05 AM
We looked carefully and used the Partner, Husquvarna and Stihl Quik Cut style saws. (I used the Stihl for about a year prior) We predominatly use them for cutting reconstituted limestone and concrete blocks. This is what we found

Stihl - about the most accurate and well balanced saw of the three. Excellent connection for wet cutting. Prone to be a pig to start and useless air filtration system. Not available in 16"

Partner - light, not as powerful as Stihl or Husky but adequate, good air filtration system, wet cutting connection fails. Chassis frame wobbly and hard to cut accuratley with this saw.

Husky - Excellent starting saw and its got balls in the power department. Good air filtration system and generally easy to service. Reasonably accurate saw to use but takes a little practice. Heavy and expensive.

In the final wrap up we got the Husky in 16" (model is 3120 K from memory). I would have bought the partner if the thing was better mounted. A few months after we got the Husky; Partner addressed most of the issues that their customers complained about. The new model came out better mounted, with the bigger motor and about $500.00 less than the Husky:realmad: however we have no regrets, the Husky is a great saw in 16".

UNISCAPER
01-04-2006, 12:41 PM
Squizzy:

With the 16, are you able to cut completely through a 160mm (6") block? We have the 14" and that's my biggest beef with any 14" blade, it can't do with one fell swoop what we need to have done....

Smitty58
01-04-2006, 01:31 PM
I have a Partner saw that I bought last year. I put a new diamond blade on it ($160). It is a good saw, mine could use a tune up. Actually I would like to sell it because I have not used it like I thought I would. The new blade has been used very little. I found it easier to rent a table saw for cutting pavers ,which is why I bought it in the first place. I paid $325 for the saw and of course the new blade at $160 ,so if anyone is interested make me an offer. I need to put it on the marketplace, just have not taken the time to do so.

Squizzy246B
01-04-2006, 05:52 PM
Squizzy:

With the 16, are you able to cut completely through a 160mm (6") block? We have the 14" and that's my biggest beef with any 14" blade, it can't do with one fell swoop what we need to have done....

I know what you mean. That was the dissapointing thing about the Stihl 14" we had before. The Husky 16" cuts about 140mm in the real world.

paolaken
01-04-2006, 07:34 PM
how much $ smitty?

JRSlawn
01-05-2006, 12:06 AM
Smityy very intrested in akron. Email me at JRSlawnlandscape@aol.com

Smitty58
01-05-2006, 07:25 AM
Did'nt mean to take over this thread. I'll take $375 for the saw with blade + you pay shipping.

Steve,

pm me if interested