PDA

View Full Version : Commercial Job

bobdaduke
01-02-2006, 01:19 PM
Do you know what to charge to aerate 4 acres of a commercial job. Is there a rate I should charge per 10000 sq ft to aerate, fertilize and seed? I know Scotts lawn service charges about $35 per 1000 sq ft, should I stay close to that or lower it for a commercial account I am bidding on? Thanks.

The Cowboy
01-04-2006, 11:32 PM
Scotts price would come to about 6 grand, but I am assuming it is for double aeration. I still think 6 grand would be a sure way to be booted out the door. I would use a drag behing aerator on the back of my ZTR, and do it in about 2- 3 hours for $750-$1000, or if I had to walk the whole thing I'd charge about 10 dollars per 1000 sq. Ft., about 1750 bucks. I do not do any aerations of this great size, there may be some discounts based on size of property. It would probably take me a good 12-15 hours with a ryan 28". This price is what I would personally charge for open turf, no trees and turns, but I may be a bit off from the others here on lawnsite. Get a few opinions before bidding. i usually bid for what is comfortable for me without paying attention to the other guys.