PDA

View Full Version : Headlight Problem = need help

AboveTheCut
01-02-2006, 08:03 PM
2000 Dodge 3500 Sport pickup. My headlights will not turn off. Fog lights and parking lights and high beams work like they should (on/off) but my headlights will not turn off. I removed the headlight switch from the dash and the lights are still on. finally had to disconnect both batteries. Is it a relay that I am missing? Thanks

stumper1620
01-02-2006, 08:12 PM
2000 Dodge 3500 Sport pickup. My headlights will not turn off. Fog lights and parking lights and high beams work like they should (on/off) but my headlights will not turn off. I removed the headlight switch from the dash and the lights are still on. finally had to disconnect both batteries. Is it a relay that I am missing? Thanks
sounds like a stuck relay or a bare wire between the switch and the relay,
I'm not sure on dodge but I think the head light circuit is a switch to ground system, meaning that the switch completes the circuit by grounding the circuit, check for a wire that maybe rubbing a ground source.
find your relay, remove it and use a meter set to amps connect between the terminals on the low load side of the relay, if it shows amps, you have a circuit completing between the relay connection and the switch connection.
I do know that dodge has a lot of problems with the harnesses in the truck you have.
good luck.

UNISCAPER
01-02-2006, 08:27 PM
How much compression does the number 5 cylinder have? :):):)

AboveTheCut
01-03-2006, 10:14 PM
it ended up being the light module for my plow lights (Meyer) between the factory lights and the plow lights. I got a pair of them for $135. i put both new ones in and saved the old, good one for a spare.