PDA

View Full Version : Granite Chips ?????

Earthscapes
04-05-2001, 12:01 AM
I was doing a spring-cleanup est. today ,when the owner of the house asked about a Granite chip walkway. Basically from his patio to his pool with stepping stones placed in the walkway. Well anyway he just moved here from California where i guess this stuff is popular. I can't find it anywhere in NY. Anybody have any info ??

Oh yeah he signed for the cleanup.....

greens1
04-05-2001, 12:34 AM
The only thing that I have heard of like that is a teqnique where you set concrete about 1/2" from the top of your forms then spread 3/4 to 1 inch granite cobble above the level of the forms. When the granite is pressed down it sets in the concrete.A hose is then used to wash off any concrete above the level of the stone. This gives the appearence that the walkway is made of granite chips. I have done this before and it works well. I am not saying that this is what he wants, but it shure sounds like it.
Good Luck,
Jim L

Lanelle
04-05-2001, 12:54 AM
In our area marble chips are available but I don't care much for them. These are often placed loose under decks and for informal walkways and even as mulch. The primary problem is that the stones get dirty looking rather quickly and look dingy instead of neat and crisp.

greens1
04-05-2001, 11:43 AM
In my above post I said granite cobble. It should read crushed granite.
Jim L