PDA

View Full Version : Bed insert or rhinolining???

Carolina Cuts
01-04-2006, 09:48 AM
I recently purchased a 06' F150.... all white. Need a bedliner, but not sure if I should go cheap with a basic insert liner OR rhino/line-x. OR if I should just do it myself with the herculiner kit.... any advice?

Dixie Rob
01-04-2006, 10:41 AM
I partially own a construction company, and personally, I will never do a spray liner after getting my Line-X. Not only did it start peeling almost instantly, but it is IMPOSSIBLE to get your cargo to move in and out of the truck. Yeah, this is great if you don't want to tie your cargo down, but a real pain if you have to move a 400lb fireplace and it wont slide.

Just my opinion.

CAL-LANDSCAPER
01-04-2006, 11:10 AM
Depends on the use of the truck
If used for work, the insert will be better since you can slide items out.
If the truck is just to 'look good' go with the Line-X
I've had insert bed liners in all my trucks for many years with no problems
The ribbing also allows for easier clean out than the 'sand' bed effect

TWUllc
01-04-2006, 12:16 PM
I partially own a construction company, and personally, I will never do a spray liner after getting my Line-X. Not only did it start peeling almost instantly, but it is IMPOSSIBLE to get your cargo to move in and out of the truck. Yeah, this is great if you don't want to tie your cargo down, but a real pain if you have to move a 400lb fireplace and it wont slide.

Just my opinion.

Take it back. Lifetime warranty.

Line-X is the only way to go. End of story.

Carolina Cuts
01-04-2006, 12:21 PM
Hmmm... landscape and lawn maintenance mostly. Yard or two of mulch here and there.... bags... fertilizer... hand tools. It's only a six foot bed so it won't be used THAT much I guess. Besides, I'm cheap. Was basically weighing it out.... $160.00 bed insert... or $350.00 Spray .... Big difference i suppose...

I like the fact that the Spray is air tight and water proof.... but I don't think I'll like the 'sand' texture of it... Seems like it would be easier to clean a regular insert with either a hose or broom/blower.:dizzy:

grassmanak
01-04-2006, 06:00 PM
im gonna buy the rhinolining, or possibly line x and I'll tell you why, in my last track, 02 silverado, i bought a bed insert, and i removed it when i as going to sell my truck a year later, their was literally no paint on the bed what so ever, and lots of rust. Sand and stuff got under the bed liner and just scratched around under their and ruined the paint. I will never buy one of these things again for that exact reason

Jason Rose
01-04-2006, 07:17 PM
I hate the hard plastic liners for that reason stated by grassmanak! They do more harm to the bed than anything you may put in it, plus they are hard and slick as snot.

Rhinoliner is more of a soft rubbery type, whereas line-x and others are hard. If you are going to get a spray in liner go with the one of the good ones (mentioned above). Iv'e seen the do-it-yourself kinds before, maybe they were cheap or something, but they were really thin and peeled or wore thru pretty fast.

Personally I just use a good heavy rubber bed mat. It's easy to pull out and wash out the bed if need be, stuff dosn't slide around too much. It still dosn't protect the sides though.

Dixie Rob
01-05-2006, 07:03 AM
TWUllc:

I got it done out of state, and they will NOT take care of it at any of the local Line-X dealers. Everyone of them tells me the same thing..."the only dealer that can cover the warranty is the one that sold it".

And yes, the plastic ones scratch up the beds, but I've personally never removed one when I bought a new truck, or sold a truck. I just buy new ones...b/c by then, if the truck is depreciated enough to sell, so is the bed liner.

green_mark
01-05-2006, 07:15 AM
We run a fleet of trucks and vans. We also have both Line-X and Rhino liners.

The differences are that Rhino liners are thicker/heaver/softer than Line-X.
It seems to hold cargo better and it keeps the inside of the van's quieter.

The Line-X is thiner/harder/lighter and a bit slippery. Both clean up very nicely and we love them.

We have come to the conclusion both are good in different ways and for our next series of trucks will most likely choose based on price and scheduling.