PDA

View Full Version : Looking for ...

jrc lawncare
01-04-2006, 06:31 PM
A decent used turfco overseeder. If anyone has one, or knows of the availability of one, please pm me. Also in the market for a greens wheelie sprayer. If anyone has one they are considering selling, pm me. thanks in advance.

tiedeman
01-04-2006, 09:24 PM
not to bash Turfco, I have used many of their products in the past, but I did not care for the overseeder. I liked their dethatcher, and aerator, but the overseeder I did not like

jrc lawncare
01-04-2006, 09:40 PM
not to bash Turfco, I have used many of their products in the past, but I did not care for the overseeder. I liked their dethatcher, and aerator, but the overseeder I did not likeWhich one do you like? And how did you like the results?

tiedeman
01-04-2006, 10:52 PM
I used the aerator 20, and dethatcher 20. Also the overseeder was the 20

The aerator can be a little bit of a workout. But it does a great job.

The dethatcher I noticed is great on gas, and is basically self propelled.

dcondon
01-06-2006, 09:37 PM
Which one do you like? And how did you like the results?

All three that Tiedeman is talking about work very good because my father-in-law and myself bought them from him. I will PM you with some other deatails.:waving:

jrc lawncare
01-08-2006, 07:43 AM
not to bash Turfco, I have used many of their products in the past, but I did not care for the overseeder. I liked their dethatcher, and aerator, but the overseeder I did not likeWhich overseeder do you use? And how do you like the results?

tiedeman
01-11-2006, 02:21 AM
the problem I found with the overseeder was the hopper would never stay open when I wanted it to, and it didn't slit worth crap on curved areas. Very disappointing. It did however work very well on flat open spaces

Turfco Tim
01-27-2006, 01:04 PM
Turfco was made aware of the issue with the seedbox radomly closing a couple of years ago. We came up with a resolution shortly afterward. For more details contact Jim Newton at 1-800-679-8201.
As far as the issue with slit quality in turns is concerned because the blades are fixed a turn will cause the blades to slice sideways as the machine turns. When the blade slides sideways it will not cut a slit. All seeders that cut slits will have the same issue.
Tim Gray
Turfco