PDA

View Full Version : what accessory/piece of equipment is the biggest rip-off?

The Curious Porpoise
01-06-2006, 11:10 PM
what accessory/piece of equipment is the biggest rip-off in the green industry? i vouch for the metal grass catcher. $200-$300 for essentially a couple scraps of metal welded together stinks... but then again, what r u gonna do? most people don't feel like goin out and fabricating their own...

JB1
01-07-2006, 08:47 AM
the striping roller, haven't had a mower yet that needed one, they do fine without them.

Groundspro
01-07-2006, 02:01 PM
Slit-seeder. What a waste of good money. One can perform the exact same task and get the same result by using age old cultivation techniques. Just my opinion.

General Landscaping
01-07-2006, 09:22 PM
By rip-off, I'm assuming you mean that after you get everything unpacked, you stand back and say " I spent $5000 on THAT?

I'm going to vote for a concrete curbing machine and all the little molds and tools that go with it.

$800 would be a stretch for a starter kit, $1500 should be tops for a fully loaded setup.

It's probably a money maker in the right situation, I just can't see spending that kind of money on a VERY simple machine and tooling.

Mowingman
01-07-2006, 10:44 PM
"Blade Blocker" that keeps blades from turning when you are trying to get the blade bolt off. You can do the same thing with a piece of 2x4.

Squizzy246B
01-07-2006, 11:22 PM
A wife...she's out spending it before you have even earned it!:blush: :blush:

TURFLORD
01-08-2006, 08:48 AM
Americans are dumb enough to buy anything, especially if you sell it with an English accent. People will hate this, but IMO the biggest dipsh!t thing out there is fuel stabilizer.

TURF DOCTOR
01-08-2006, 08:52 AM
Stripeing kits way overpriced and 50 dollar cup holders.

nocutting
01-08-2006, 10:25 AM
Slit-seeder. What a waste of good money. One can perform the exact same task and get the same result by using age old cultivation techniques. Just my opinion.
Sure, we can all aerate / thatch/cultivate to prepare a seed bed?...........we can broadcast seed or worse use a drop spreader?.......than we use a roller to push the seed into place?[ increase the seed to soil contact].......... OR You can, in 1 pass, vertically slice the sod / thatch, incorporate the seed into those slices [ and with a calibrated seed hopper, choose the correct amount for the seed size and soil conditions]and cover over 98% of the seed with soil......."I would trade my Lesco Renovators ", for all the tea in china......try doin a 1/2 ac property or even a 5000 sq. ft. job, [ I'd rather make $150 an hour than $25 anyday:dizzy: :waving:

nocutting
01-08-2006, 10:27 AM
Sure, we can all aerate / thatch/cultivate to prepare a seed bed?...........we can broadcast seed or worse use a drop spreader?.......than we use a roller to push the seed into place?[ increase the seed to soil contact].......... OR You can, in 1 pass, vertically slice the sod / thatch, incorporate the seed into those slices [ and with a calibrated seed hopper, choose the correct amount for the seed size and soil conditions]and cover over 98% of the seed with soil......."I would'nt trade my Lesco Renovators ", for all the tea in china......try doin a 1/2 ac property or even a 5000 sq. ft. job, [ I'd rather make $150 an hour than $25 anyday:dizzy: :waving:

The Curious Porpoise
01-08-2006, 10:13 PM
Sure, we can all aerate / thatch/cultivate to prepare a seed bed?...........we can broadcast seed or worse use a drop spreader?.......than we use a roller to push the seed into place?[ increase the seed to soil contact].......... OR You can, in 1 pass, vertically slice the sod / thatch, incorporate the seed into those slices [ and with a calibrated seed hopper, choose the correct amount for the seed size and soil conditions]and cover over 98% of the seed with soil......."I would'nt trade my Lesco Renovators ", for all the tea in china......try doin a 1/2 ac property or even a 5000 sq. ft. job, [ I'd rather make $150 an hour than $25 anyday:dizzy: :waving:

i couldn't really understand because of how u wrote... r u bein sarcastic and don't really like the lesco renovator-therefore making it a rip-off?