PDA

View Full Version : subcontracting??

gogetter
04-05-2001, 11:41 PM
Does someone that you call in to sub a job to usually give you a lower price then they would have given the homeowner?

Jonathan E.

Fine Lines Lawn
04-06-2001, 12:26 AM
Hi Johnathon,
If someone is subbing for you then pay them what you're willing to pay and make sure it's less than you are charging the customer.

thelawnguy
04-06-2001, 03:07 PM
They will but you will probably have to ask for the discount, dont assume it will come automatically.

mbwent
04-07-2001, 02:57 PM
They might if they think you can give them additional opportunities in the future! If you think you can, and they do good work, tell them and suggest a discount. Or maybe they can refer you for your type of work and make it an even exchange?!

MOW ED
04-12-2001, 08:40 AM
I have a friend that owns a restaurant and a current (soon to be ex) employee of his has stated he is quitting to work as a subcontractor for a local lawncare company.

I know this guy and he doesn't have any equipment or vehicle to tow a trailer and when I asked my friend to pry a little he told me that this guy is using the LC's equipment and vehicle.

Am I wrong in my belief that a subcontractor is supposed to furnish ALL equipment,insurance, and labor for the main contractor?
Where would a guy report violations of these rules assuming that a violation is taking place?

It seems to me this contractor is taking advantage of this kid and I'm sure this kid won't be insured.

What would you do?