PDA

View Full Version : dump bed install

SimonCX
01-07-2006, 08:44 PM
Hi guys, just wondering how dump inserts are bolted to the bed. Do you need to drill new holes in the bed or bolt the insert to the bed bolts? I don't really want to drill holes in a new truck if I don't have to. I was looking at bri-mar or ez dumper because there the closet dealers around me.

Green Care
01-07-2006, 08:47 PM
Holes are already there just mount and go.

ChipsEarthWorks
01-09-2006, 05:39 PM
I know with my ez dumper you had to drill 4 holes in the bed, making sure you contacted the cross members under the bed, other wise just attaching it to the bed will result in serious problems.

Think of it this way you take we will say a yard of top soil weighing X amount and you tilt to a min 45 degrees and the only thing holding that frame on the truck is bolts attached to sheet metal floor of the bed what do you think will happen when the load starts sliding down the bed? It could and probably will ripe the front bolts out of the bed.

Like I said it is 4 holes, one in each corner of the frame of the insert,and they contact the cross members under the bed. what I did is spray some cheap undercoating down on the bed before i installed the dumper, this helps with rust prevention through those holes,if and when you ever take it out just throw a bed mat or bed liner in it and you will never see the holes.

lwcmattlifter
01-09-2006, 11:36 PM
My Bri-Mar uses the front and rear bed/frame bolts. I'm not sure about the EZ-dumper but the Bri-Mar has adjustable brackets so it will work in any truck.

SimonCX
01-10-2006, 01:05 PM
Thanks, I'm going to take a look at both on the weekend to see how there bolted in.