PDA

View Full Version : What do u use when giving a estimate?

mikefromny
01-08-2006, 05:03 PM
what do u write on ? anybody got any samples ?

DistLawns
01-08-2006, 08:35 PM
I made up a simple form. Its a template that I just fill in the blanks with an estimate with a pen.

4x4Jim
01-08-2006, 08:45 PM
I made up mine, heres a sample.

drsogr
01-08-2006, 10:34 PM
Spend some time designing one in excel. It needs to have everything that you need. Name, Address, Phone, Date....everything. Put your logo on it. Spend some time with it, your customers are going to look at it. If its too simple they are going to wonder if you are a real business. I print mine in triplicate. I would post mine, but I spent too much time designing it, to just give away.

G.M.Landscaping
01-08-2006, 10:49 PM
Mines pretty simple also. I just use a piece of carbon paper between two of these. I give the cust. the oringal one and I keep the copy for my records.
http://www.msnusers.com/2sgv30jsqjkpag1eo4gb49n7i1/Documents/Bid%20Estimate.pdf

lawnMaster5000
01-09-2006, 01:36 AM
GM
Thanks for your reply but I think your form is hosted on a site that most are not authorized to view.

I just know I wasnt.

Thanks

G.M.Landscaping
01-09-2006, 02:01 AM
Maybe this works. I Know it's not much, but this estimate works for me.
The bottom says:Prices are subject to change due to availability of material at the time of this estimate. Extra material & labor involved to complete job will be added on if needed. It's a little blurry because I scanned the image.

http://img376.imageshack.us/img376/3797/bidsmall7op.jpg

dsmrolla06
01-09-2006, 04:32 PM
I just made one of mine up. If someone would like to scan it or put it in a zip file ill send it to you.

mikefromny
01-09-2006, 05:08 PM
thanks guys for the input!

walker-talker
01-10-2006, 11:17 AM
Is is my first and only estimate form. For $50 at Office Depot you can get 250 2-part carbonless copies made. I am still on the first 250. I will surely redesign it when it comes time. I don't get hardly anybody inquire about the packages.

P & L Turf
01-10-2006, 11:22 PM
Walker-Talker, Did you have this design already in mind? Or is that some kind of setup that they had there? Also is there more to yours than whats showing? What I mean is there other options on there for people to mark off?

topsites
01-11-2006, 01:16 AM
I use my mouth lol, my estimates are all verbal.

walker-talker
01-11-2006, 04:03 AM
Walker-Talker, Did you have this design already in mind? Or is that some kind of setup that they had there? Also is there more to yours than whats showing? What I mean is there other options on there for people to mark off?
I had the top half in mind and that was it....lol. The rest of it was put in there to fill up space. My next one will be much different. I have expanded my services somewhat. I will also leave a large open space for personalized memos.

P & L Turf
01-12-2006, 11:02 PM
I had the top half in mind and that was it....lol. The rest of it was put in there to fill up space. My next one will be much different. I have expanded my services somewhat. I will also leave a large open space for personalized memos.

That full page looks good. The other day when I seen it, it only showed half of the page. The larger memo box is a good idea. You can't go wrong with that. It may help in covering your butt in the future.

grandview (2006)
01-12-2006, 11:23 PM
walker-talker,

On your package deal i understand the 150.00 off for pre-pay but how are doing the 75.00 off?

mikefromny
01-15-2006, 02:27 PM
bump , bump bump it up

GraZZmaZter
01-15-2006, 03:39 PM
Mine is built somewhat like Walker-talker's.

Ill give you this tip .... get THREE (3) copies made up. In case the potential client is not home, OR they have to confirm with the better half .... you keep ONE copy for your records while they obtain the two. Than they sign (hopefully) and return the copy they have while they keep the original.

Mower For Less
01-15-2006, 04:36 PM
I use a design similar to walker-talker's, whereby my estimate is done on what becomes the contract, so there is only 1 form to fill out. Mine are done on 3 part carbonless forms, for the exact reason meantioned above, although I always try to keep the originals for my records. The customer dont really need it, and I would rather have the one that dont get all marked up when things press against it. Everything has fields with check boxes, and open areas to write in specific details or variations of each service. I also have an Other field becuase you never can predict EVERY kind of job your likely to do, and it just has a blank area to fill in the details. For example, I didnt to dethatching or overseeding when I made up my contract, but now I do... so that goes in Other until I redesign it again. I also have an area for Visa/MC payments, and service and billing addresses (I have a few customers who dont live at there service address). I have seperate contracts for snow plow. I will try to convert it to a jpg and post it so you can see it. Right now it is in excel and pdf form.

Kevin

Mower For Less
01-15-2006, 04:58 PM
Here is my summer agreement.

bigandy
01-15-2006, 09:40 PM
There is a invoice template in excel that can be modified to be used as a reasonably professional looking estimate sheet. It has an area to enter your business name, the customers name, and then list the work to be done. It even totals all of the costs for you.

BCFLawnLandscape
01-16-2006, 02:53 AM
I created an estimate form out of the excel invoice as well. Works well for me!