PDA

View Full Version : 2007 ford super-duty pics

qualitylawnmanagement
01-08-2006, 07:12 PM
Does anyone have any pictures or the 2007 ford super-duty that are not covered up? Are they still going to use coils spring?

qualitylawnmanagement
01-08-2006, 10:08 PM
no body? come on lets see some pics.

RedWingsDet
01-08-2006, 11:08 PM
I have, I just forget where. LOL. I remember though, i doesnt look that much different from the exterior.

wriken
01-08-2006, 11:51 PM
I'm more interested in the motor, what it will be, the same or I heard a rumor of a twin turbo.

work_it
01-09-2006, 12:20 AM
The best I could do is these photos. I don't keep up with the changes of the body and could really care less. I'm more interested in it's overall performance.

vadeere
01-09-2006, 12:30 AM
Im not a Ford Man, but I think those are 05 pics. Correct me if Im wrong.

Smalltimer1
01-09-2006, 12:37 AM
Im not a Ford Man, but I think those are 05 pics. Correct me if Im wrong.

Those are '05/'06 pics. The '07's are supposed to have a more defined front end and a distinctly different rear end, resembling more to the F-150's new styling.

From what I've heard, the new PSD will be 6.4L, common rail injection, twin turbos, with one small turbo feeding into a larger turbo to supposedly make for better low rpm throttle response to cut down on turbo lag. Not sure on the power numbers, I've heard everything from keeping similar #'s to the 6.0 to being rated at 400hp and 700lb. ft. of torque. Ford is keeping their mouth shut on this one for sure. I'm also pretty sure that they'll do some more testing on this one to prevent another 6.0 like introduction. With that being said, I've been perfectly happy with my 6.0, plenty of power, good mpg's, and has started every time.

work_it
01-09-2006, 12:37 AM
Don't know...don't care. On my google search, for the 2007 Ford F-350 Super-duty, these were the only pics I could find that claimed that it was the 2007.

Personally I like Chevy. Honestly don't think ford has put out a quality truck in almost a decade. But once again, as usual, this is my opinion and don't really give a crap what anybody else has to say on the matter.

Have a nice day!

Smalltimer1
01-09-2006, 12:42 AM
Don't know...don't care. On my google search, for the 2007 Ford F-350 Super-duty, these were the only pics I could find that claimed that it was the 2007.

Personally I like Chevy. Honestly don't think ford has put out a quality truck in almost a decade. But once again, as usual, this is my opinion and don't really give a crap what anybody else has to say on the matter.

Have a nice day!

I like the Fords because they have got the job done for me as well as the farm for many years without fail. I mainly do not like the newer Chevys because I, like many others, feel that IFS does not belong in a 4x4 HD pickup and some other gripes with their build quality and things like that-that really aren't worth mentioning at this time.

Scag48
01-09-2006, 02:13 AM
Wow, a sequential turbo setup on a pickup, what a deal. I wonder what kind of numbers they're looking at. I know turbo lag kinda sucks on the 7.3, that's alot of air that turbo into a monster of an engine. A sequential setup will be great for guys running manuals that's for sure, full power right out of first gear.

qualitylawnmanagement
01-14-2006, 08:46 PM
Are the 2007 going to have the coil spring still? Man I hate the coil set-up, If you want a heavy duty truck truck make it a heavy duty. Save the coil spring for the 150's. Also can you switch out the coils spring for the leaf springs?

kc2006
01-14-2006, 10:32 PM
Theres nothing wrong with a coil spring suspension. Don't most heavy duty tow trucks (bigger then 1 tons) use coil springs? Any 2wd one i've ever seen does.

That coil spring suspension also contributed to the better turning radius of the newer trucks.

lawnspecialties
01-14-2006, 11:02 PM
Try www.ford-trucks.com or www.thedieselstop.com. I know some spy photos have been circulating there.

Itsgottobegreen
01-15-2006, 01:58 AM
I still won't buy a new ford truck unless its has a 7.3 in it. As much as I love ford trucks. No POS 6.0 or the new 6.4 for me. Any thing new will be the 2007 chevy HD diesels with the coil over springs. Its say to say, but thats the plan.

UNISCAPER
01-15-2006, 11:47 AM
I think it will be interesting to see how Ford will make two turbos work when they can't keep single turbo trucks on the road.

qualitylawnmanagement
01-15-2006, 12:03 PM
Can you get bigger front coil spring like more than the 7000lbs? What spring do the 550 have up front?

South Florida Lawns
01-15-2006, 06:41 PM
They just switched to a coil up front, why would they go back to leaves if you can get a better ride with coils.

Guthrie&Co
01-17-2006, 01:35 AM
I think it will be interesting to see how Ford will make two turbos work when they can't keep single turbo trucks on the road.
What the hell are you smoking? 150k on my psd with no problems. there is nothing wrong with the ford trucks at all.
I dont want to hear your sob stories on how you abused your either

dcondon
01-17-2006, 04:45 AM
What the hell are you smoking? 150k on my psd with no problems. there is nothing wrong with the ford trucks at all.
I dont want to hear your sob stories on how you abused your either

ya, Wriken has never had a problem with all of his P/S trucks.

UNISCAPER
01-17-2006, 09:17 AM
Scabyscapes said

"""What the hell are you smoking? 150k on my psd with no problems. there is nothing wrong with the ford trucks at all.
I dont want to hear your sob stories on how you abused your either""""

I usually don't respond as I'm about to but this guy has it coming.

Listen moron, if you weren't trapped inside your blue bubble breathing all those noxious gases you might for a minute be able to educate yourself and see what pieces of garbage Ford has been making for the past 10 years or so. You would then realize yours is in a few select models or simply a fluke. Everyone who has ever made a bad truck has made that one which will defy all characteristics the majority has..

I won't pull the link, I'll leave it you to take the effort and see for yourself, unless of course you want to remain lazy and continue spewing your crap..

You need to read Automotive News, the December 2005 issue. In it, there is an in depth artilce backing up exactly what I say. Ford has had 12,000 registered warranty claims in the 6.0PSD. There are 150 reports to the NTSB, and there have been 77 tech bullletins on their garbage. In the multitude of issues Ford diesels have, there are many turbo problems, I know of one person who has lost 5 to date. That along with my own expoeriences and hundreds ofn other disatisifed Ford truck users.

So until you pull that article and read on, don't even bother responding you'll be no different than some liberal idiot spewing crap about the war. A regular Cndy Sheehan if you will about their precious Ford....After you read the article and you wish to discuss it point by point, intelligently, I'll be more than happy to engage you in conversation.

Guthrie&Co
01-17-2006, 11:12 AM
Scabyscapes said

"""What the hell are you smoking? 150k on my psd with no problems. there is nothing wrong with the ford trucks at all.

Listen moron, if you weren't trapped inside your blue bubble breathing all those noxious gases you might for a minute be able to educate yourself and see what pieces of garbage Ford has been making for the past 10 years or so. You would then realize yours is in a few select models or simply a fluke. Everyone who has ever made a bad truck has made that one which will defy all characteristics the majority has..

I won't pull the link, I'll leave it you to take the effort and see for yourself, unless of course you want to remain lazy and continue spewing your crap..

You need to read Automotive News, the December 2005 issue. In it, there is an in depth artilce backing up exactly what I say. Ford has had 12,000 registered warranty claims in the 6.0PSD. There are 150 reports to the NTSB, and there have been 77 tech bullletins on their garbage. In the multitude of issues Ford diesels have, there are many turbo problems, I know of one person who has lost 5 to date. That along with my own expoeriences and hundreds ofn other disatisifed Ford truck users.

So until you pull that article and read on, don't even bother responding you'll be no different than some liberal idiot spewing crap about the war. A regular Cndy Sheehan if you will about their precious Ford....After you read the article and you wish to discuss it point by point, intelligently, I'll be more than happy to engage you in conversation.
typical response. i read your article that you had posted in a few other threads. i will agree that they 6er had some issues back in the early years. but the 7.3 was extremly reliable and pulls very well. if your buddy has lost 5 turbos to date then it sounds more to me that he is hard on them and doesn't know how to take care of one. the more and more i try to reply to this the harder it is for me to pick where to start. your full of ****, thats all there is to it. arogant little ****

DUSTYCEDAR
01-17-2006, 11:23 AM
i have been waiting to see the new trucks also
as for a new engine well see what comes of that

efaubert1
01-17-2006, 01:55 PM
Uniscaper, for has NOT made crap trucks "for the last ten years". I'll agree the 6.0 has issues, but what YOU need to know is that they are primarily tied to emission control crap that is forced upon the engine. You can't restrict the exhaust like the EPA wants on an engine like that. The 7.3's are probably the most reliable engine on the road in IDI or PSD configuration, and the weak link in the engine is the CAM sensor. The tranny, I won't argue is somewhat weak of old, but no more so than the Dodge. I have had several 7.3's, IDI and PSD's over the last 13 years and all but the one I am driving has achieved 200,000 miles with no major issues. The one I drive now is only up to 126k, but no issues beyond ball joints on the truck since 4/99. Go spew your crap to unsuspecting, non-educated yuppies. Not informed, blue collar, mechanically inclined and some of us mechanically EMPLOYED folks.

efaubert1
01-17-2006, 01:55 PM
Sorry, must have double tapped.

UNISCAPER
01-17-2006, 02:07 PM
"So until you pull that article and read on, don't even bother responding you'll be no different than some liberal idiot spewing crap about the war. A regular Cndy Sheehan if you will about their precious Ford....After you read the article and you wish to discuss it point by point, intelligently, I'll be more than happy to engage you in conversation."

EFaubert, you too. Read the article and we engage point by point what you people trapped in the gasses of the blue bubble just don't freeken see.

There have been far more issues such as rubber band drive transmissions than those gasses will allow you to see.

I will reinterate. If Ford can't keep a single turbo engine on the road, how does one expect they can keep a dual turbo engine on the road????

zim bob the landscaper
01-17-2006, 02:16 PM
i dont know if someone already posted this but isn't ford getting a brand new suspension? and switching to the duramax diesel?

POPO4995
01-17-2006, 02:17 PM
FORD SUPER DUTY----- Built Ford Tough! I have owned Dodge, Chevy, and now Fords. I am extremely happy all the way around with my Ford. The power and ride is awesome. Can't everyone just drive what they want and shut up. To each their own!!!!!!!! Every truck has it's pluses and minuses...

zim bob the landscaper
01-17-2006, 02:26 PM
FORD SUPER DUTY----- Built Ford Tough! I have owned Dodge, Chevy, and now Fords. I am extremely happy all the way around with my Ford. The power and ride is awesome. Can't everyone just drive what they want and shut up. To each their own!!!!!!!! Every truck has it's pluses and minuses...
very true i like the fords for the higher suspension and the power is really good but also like the chevy and dodges dad never owned one.

efaubert1
01-18-2006, 07:47 AM
OK Uniscaper. Here are some numbers I'd like you to pay close attention to please. In 02 there were 94,000 6.0's put on the road, in 03 there were another 179,000, in 04 there were 302,000 and in 05 it was 350,000 out the door. Total of 925,000 6.0 PSD engines on the road. By the way, the numbers come from SEMA reports on diesel engine production 2002-2005, not some media group. So lets take into effect the 500 6.0's bought back, thats 0.05%. Then we ad in your 12,000 warranty issues, thats 1.3%. Now from a 6 sigma quality +/- 3 scale even the two numbers ADDED together exceeds quality expectations for failures by all standards at 1.35%, 98.65% which is still 1.65% higher than acceptable level of quality within the automotive industry.
Now, dispute those numbers, as those are the ones that actually come from the industry, not some lopsided media "journalist".

UNISCAPER
01-18-2006, 09:24 AM
12,000 warranty issues at the time of print, plus all the time bombs waiting to explode.

Your Ford trucks are not the silver bullet many claim they are by any stretch. I'll say it again. If Ford can't figure out how to make a single turbo system work, how would you expect they would make a double turbo system work????

Smalltimer1
01-18-2006, 09:40 AM
Scabyscapes said

Typical response.....the 'grain of salt' concept applies here folks...:rolleyes:

Aren't you forgetting those wonderful Vortecs with piston slap and oil consumption at low mileage? Over 50,000 warranty claims there. www.pistonslap.com

Your arrogance doesn't help your case either.

efaubert1
01-18-2006, 09:52 AM
12,000 warranty issues at the time of print, plus all the time bombs waiting to explode.

Your Ford trucks are not the silver bullet many claim they are by any stretch. I'll say it again. If Ford can't figure out how to make a single turbo system work, how would you expect they would make a double turbo system work????

Uni, exactly what is your beef with the Blue Oval? Chevy and Dodges warranty claims on their most recent generation of trucks exceeds the Ford warranty claim issues with smaller quantities of engines produced. How can you actually defend that? Ford has potential "time bombs", yet you won't address the bombs that have already detonated on GM and Dodge. Wake up man, nobody builds perfect vehicles, if they did you'd never buy but one.

Smalltimer1
01-18-2006, 12:00 PM
Uni, exactly what is your beef with the Blue Oval? Chevy and Dodges warranty claims on their most recent generation of trucks exceeds the Ford warranty claim issues with smaller quantities of engines produced. How can you actually defend that? Ford has potential "time bombs", yet you won't address the bombs that have already detonated on GM and Dodge. Wake up man, nobody builds perfect vehicles, if they did you'd never buy but one.

He thinks because he lost a couple transmissions due to his crew being careless that Ford can't build a good truck.

He has blinders on to the piston slap, oil consumption, and knocking problems that the late model GM pickups have been plagued with.

efaubert1
01-18-2006, 01:36 PM
Don't forget the unpolished #3 rod bearing surface fiasco on the crankshaft the Duramaxes had that caused engine seizure. But I guess a Chevy that is seized is still better than a Ford going down the road in his estimation.

Tyner Lawn Service
01-18-2006, 05:31 PM
I think uniscaper is just mad that some guy took his wife or girlfriend away from him and was driving a SuperDuty. :)