PDA

View Full Version : MS Publisher problems

Bunton Guy
01-08-2006, 09:34 PM
Changing my brochure around a bit...and the ONLY problem I have is the very first front page on the program my photo,logo & address on the front cover are within the perimiter the program set for me to stay within. Yet when I print or do a print preview it cuts off half the photo,logo & address on the right side only. Any other page you can take the pictures and text and stretch them into the other page if you wanted. But not this front right part of the page. :mad: :dizzy:

How can I get this boundaries moved out so it will actually show the right side of the page instead of cutting it short?:realmad:

Ive checked the ruler,boundaries & border but they are all in specs. Any
ideas MS gurus?
:gunsfirin
This has been bugging me all weekend. It literally cuts off atleast 1/2" off the right side. No matter how far to the left you move things it cuts 1/2" off:confused:

OnMyOwn
01-09-2006, 04:01 PM
I have experienced the same problem in the past due to a print spooler failure. When you hit "Print" on your PC, it sends the file to s "print-spooler", then feeds it into the printer for output. This is especially common with deskjet printers and Publisher files, which are usually very large files with many embedded .ole's. Just for the heck of it, try deleting several items in the brochure and save it as a test file. Try printing the test file and I bet you will find that it will print near perfect. What you may need to do is lose some of the colors, graphics, or fancy printing. Simplify the file and see how it does.

If you are stuck on keeping it the same, try taking the file to a local printer to have them see if it prints.

Bunton Guy
01-09-2006, 04:37 PM
Its not a error in the printing. Its a problem when you do a print preview and it shows you what your project will look like before you print. It's at that point when it cuts off to much on the right side. This is well before I even print!

OnMyOwn
01-09-2006, 04:46 PM
The preview can show up fine, yet it will "short-print" when it actually prints. Try deleting a few items on the middle / back of the brochure, then save it as another file name. Print that file name and see if the front page prints.

walker-talker
01-10-2006, 10:11 AM
Man, I've had more problems with Publisher than I can count.