PDA

View Full Version : Employees And Training ?

SONSCAPES
01-09-2006, 08:05 PM
What Do You Guys And Girls Do When You Send Employees To Training Seminars And Certifications. I Go To Every Seminar I Can Make Personally I Now Have One Of My Guys Who Is Showing Interest In Going To Some Seminars And Getting His Pesticide License And A Few Other Certs. I Plan On Letting All My Guys Get Some Training.NOW TO My ? Do You Guys Pay For The Seminar And Say Pay Them Maybe An 8 Hr. Day How Far Do You Goto Help Them Out. Thanks In Advance.

nephilim0167
01-09-2006, 09:10 PM
From an employees perspective I would be happy with either/or. Although getting both would be greatly appreciated, I would never expect my employer to pay for my advancement. If they were to pay for the class I would have no problem taking a days pay cut. Or get paid for an 8hr day of work and me pay for the class. If you're willing to pay for both, I tip my hat to ya!

SONSCAPES
01-09-2006, 09:55 PM
yeah i have not decided on yet on what to do thanks for the quick response.

TurfProSTL
01-09-2006, 10:02 PM
If its an employee you want to invest in, pay for it all. No sense making him/her think you're a non-appreciative cheapy.

On the other hand, if its a group of non-achievers, pay them for the day if they buck up for the class. That way they have to make some kind of personal commitment. And you will find out who wants to better themselves.....