PDA

View Full Version : Time sheet?

Soupy
01-10-2006, 08:11 AM
Does anyone have a simple daily time sheet they can share. I lost some files and need to print one very soon (I suck at making charts). I only need something with Customer name, address, service performed, time in, time out, total time, and maybe notes. I'm looking for a daily sheet and not a per customer sheet. Just something with the above items listed across the top with lines (sections) and enough room to fit around 15 customers. If you have anything similar will you please share.

I just bought a new laser printer to replace one of my old printers and I want to run the ink (full cartridge) out of the old printer before tossing it. I figured I would print next seasons supply.

I tried to search but Lawnsite isn't allowing me to search right now. I read through 35 pages of this forum looking for attachments but had no luck. My attempt at making a new one left me aggravated. My brother made my last copy. But like I said I want to get this printer out of ink and out of sight (already have 2 printers hooked up).

Thanks

Coreyb
01-10-2006, 02:29 PM
i see your in the metro area too. where are you?

Soupy
01-10-2006, 03:13 PM

Thank You, that's what I needed. I'm in Belleville, were you from?

Coreyb
01-10-2006, 03:27 PM
the booming metropolis of Lebanon. just around the corner from you.

Soupy
01-10-2006, 07:10 PM
I played around with the time sheet and this is what I came up with. Thanks again for the help.

lawnMaster5000
01-11-2006, 02:13 AM
i put my excell route sheet on here. I hope it helps you.

I had to zip the file otherwise it wouldnt let me upload it.

tiedeman
01-11-2006, 02:31 AM
Why don't you just use your Gopher program? Or do you need one that you can feel in customer names?

Soupy
01-11-2006, 03:23 AM
Why don't you just use your Gopher program? Or do you need one that you can feel in customer names?

I need more info then Gopher prints out. Plus, I don't keep my weekly payers in Gopher. I only keep customers that get monthly invoice. Everyone goes in QB though.

Do you know if I can schedule customers without an invoice being generated? I would still like to have one route sheet as the master, then fill this sheet in as jobs are done. This way we can operate off the master and fill in the extra data when the job is done and won't have postponed work cluttering the time sheet that gets filed.

Soupy
01-11-2006, 03:51 AM
Here is the customer log I whipped together. The template Coreyb posted got me going on this one as well. It's nothing special, I kept it simple because I needed enough room to fit the important stuff on it. I printed both side so I can flip it when one side gets full. It should get me through the year. I am punching holes in it and putting it in a binder. This will be what I enter off of in Gopher and QB.

So as of now I have the work sheet for easy data entry so we don't have to fumble through individual customer pages. Then at night (while watching some TV and sipping on my favorite beverage) I will transfer the data over to the customer binder for a hard copy of jobs performed.

In the past I only had the hard copy then into Gopher and QB. It sucked having to thumb through pages at every stop. I figure the extra step will take 10 minutes at night, but it will probably save at least that during the day. Just grab the clipboard and it's all right there, why didn't I think of this earlier :dizzy:.

tiedeman
01-11-2006, 04:15 AM
I need more info then Gopher prints out. Plus, I don't keep my weekly payers in Gopher. I only keep customers that get monthly invoice. Everyone goes in QB though.

Do you know if I can schedule customers without an invoice being generated? I would still like to have one route sheet as the master, then fill this sheet in as jobs are done. This way we can operate off the master and fill in the extra data when the job is done and won't have postponed work cluttering the time sheet that gets filed.

I have never imported information to QB with Gopher. I do know that you can schedule customers without an invoice being generated. All you have to do, after the work is completed and if you never want the work to be generated into invoice is two things; 1. Just never hit the generate button 2; just delete the jobs in the "completed jobs" tab.

tiedeman
01-11-2006, 04:19 AM
Here is the customer log I whipped together. The template Coreyb posted got me going on this one as well. It's nothing special, I kept it simple because I needed enough room to fit the important stuff on it. I printed both side so I can flip it when one side gets full. It should get me through the year. I am punching holes in it and putting it in a binder. This will be what I enter off of in Gopher and QB.

So as of now I have the work sheet for easy data entry so we don't have to fumble through individual customer pages. Then at night (while watching some TV and sipping on my favorite beverage) I will transfer the data over to the customer binder for a hard copy of jobs performed.

In the past I only had the hard copy then into Gopher and QB. It sucked having to thumb through pages at every stop. I figure the extra step will take 10 minutes at night, but it will probably save at least that during the day. Just grab the clipboard and it's all right there, why didn't I think of this earlier :dizzy:.

not to sound like an @ss, but why don't you just print the route sheets with Gopher? You can put in the start, stop time, any notes that you need to for the day. You already have the prices loaded for the services and/or the customers. And then at night all you have to do is click the "complete" button and you are done. Simple and easy.

Like I said, I don't know your situation, and whether you know the program that much or what. I am not trying to be a sm@rt@ss, I am just wondering whether you know the full potential of using Gopher?

Soupy
01-11-2006, 05:11 AM
I thought about it, but I need the information at the bottom of my route (work) sheet. Total jobs time, Total route time, Total gross profit, Profit per hour, etc. The other reason was the fact I didn't want to hassle with the customers that don't get invoiced. I keep these customers in QB and generate a sales receipt that never gets printed. Gopher does not have sales receipts.

My only other option would be to schedule my weekly paying customers and generate an invoice for them each day and mark them paid. Not sure if I can click generate and print just the weekly payers and save the others for another time. I figured it would be more hassle to mess with the software then to just print these work sheets. The only thing I have to do that I wouldn't with Gopher is write the name, service, and price. If I use Gopher Route sheets I have to write in the stuff it doesn't include.

I don't think your being an Azz. If you know something I don't. I would love to hear about it. At this point the only thing I am out of is a little free time (not like I don't have plenty of it right now) and some paper. If you have a better solution then I can always switch.

Either way I still want to keep my hard copy which is Customer work sheet. I don't put all info on it, but the important stuff is there if I ever need to pull it out in the field.

So it's really a matter of getting Gopher to spit out the info I want to log in the file cabinet and QB. That would be great.

I mainly use Gopher for scheduling jobs to be invoiced. Everything else is handled in QB. I used to use lawnmail too.

tiedeman
01-11-2006, 05:39 AM
Now I use Gopher Pro

You can generate a specific customer if you want to or if you are leaving invoices at customers properties or customers are paying you right then and there you can draw up an invoice in the invoice section without having to schedule the work and generate the the work completed.

Yes, you can generate specific customers as well without generating all of customers. I have done it before. You also do not have to print invoice that are generated if you don't want to. Also if an invoice gets paid, it will show that there is no balance. You can also show on the invoice, what it was paid with, the check#, and how much.

With the route sheet with Gopher it lists the Start and Stop time for each job, and also you can have it setup to record specific times for how much you use a particular piece of equipment or tool. You can also record notes ahead of time that your customer can see on their invoice, and or private notes that will only appear on your schedule and customers won't see it.

I will tell you exactly how I do my billing with Gopher and my whole system, it may be time consuming at first, but it pays off in the long run:
1. I go into customers I have all of my customers already in Gopher. I import them from QB

2. I then go into Services. Then I enter in all of my services that I can offer. Some services I put already prices for, such as aeration, fertilization, dethatching, etc. You can put in hourly rates, sq ft, or just plain flat rates

3. I then go back into my customer window. For each individual customer I open up their service tab, and click on what services I provide for them and the cost for the services. I can also setup their properties sq ft for like fertilization. **Now you do not have to go in and enter every service and every customer service price. You can always do that when scheduling the customer, but I do because this is what saves time later on** You can also setup customers on flat monthly rates in here. They will get generated every time you hit the "Generate" button in the schedule area.

4. After that is completed, I actually schedule in my customers services in advance for the entire year, yup entire year. For example, right now I have all of my customers mowing, pruning of shrubs, fertilization, aeration, etc. already scheduled for 2006. Now I don't have to stick to that schedule, I can always delete stuff later on if I want to. THis is where having the customers prices alread loaded comes in handy.

5. With the schedule: Now when it comes to the day of work, I just print out my route sheet, I enter all of my times in it throughout the day, and then at the end of the day, I click on the "complete" button of what was completed, and I am done (another area where it comes in handy to have the customer prices already loaded). I then file away the schedule just to have as a hard backup.

6. Then every month I just generate my invoices for my specific dates, print them, and I am done.

I personally love Gopher. Sure there are some things that I wish were different, but I probably use about 90% of the program. I even use the equipment maintenance, chemical, and I just started to use the Matrix for this winter, and I love that to death.

The only thing that I have not used yet is the feature of Estimate, Contract, and Employee.

wriken
01-11-2006, 09:05 AM
that looks alot like mine

Coreyb
01-11-2006, 05:10 PM
it was raining all day yesterday. i saw soupy's post and whipped one up on word. took about 3 minutes.

Soupy
01-11-2006, 07:28 PM
You can generate a specific customer if you want to or if you are leaving invoices at customers properties or customers are paying you right then and there you can draw up an invoice in the invoice section without having to schedule the work and generate the the work completed.

Yea, I know how to create invoices without the schedule. That method doesn't help with the scheduling conflict and the missing areas for data entry. Here's the thing, all my customers that get invoice are a flat fee (contract billing). All others pay weekly with no invoice (they just hand it over) then I create a sales receipt in QB without printing it and that records the money in the correct chart of accounts.

I use to charge by the service but then I was getting people calling for skips. I decided to only offer flat fee billing, or pay as you go. Most went for the flat fee using either 8 or 12 month billing. But I do have a handful of pay as you go. The cool thing is most of the ones that wanted to save money skipping went for the 12 month lower payment. So this year I will try scheduling the jobs, but delete them as they are performed. This still leaves me with the decision of which form is better for data entry. The Work sheet I just printed has to have the customer, service, and price written, but Gopher route sheets needs it share of extra written material. Also the work sheet will only have the jobs that are completed (written in as they are performed) as opposed to Gophers route sheet that will occasionally have postpone work included. I feel that the work sheet just offers more flexibility.

What attracted me to Gopher was the flexibility of invoices and lawnmail. Gopher invoices work more like statements, has contract biiling, and has more options for adding messages to the invoice. I use the message areas for up-selling. I include whatever I am pimping that month then on the remittance stub (payment string) I add a box with the service for them to check off if they want it. This allows them to schedule add ons while paying their bill. Lawnmail has been disabled so that took away a big part of why I use gopher. I'm waiting for it to come back.

Up-selling looks something like this....

Aeration Special!!!!

Too Much Thatch Can Choke Your Lawn to Death!

For many years, professional golf course groundskeepers have known that the secret of a beautiful, dense turf is to aerate their courses two or three times each year, allowing the healthy grassroots to thrive. Now your lawn, too, can enjoy the benefits of professional aeration.

Why should you aerate your lawn?

Controls harmful thatch - Increases root development
Improves overall plant health - Reduces soil problems
Increases water retention and lowers overall water bills

We are now scheduling Aerations for your area. Act now and save $10 off the regular price of $130. Just call us or check the box below to schedule this service.

Then on the remittance stub I include this:
[ ] Yes, I would like to have my lawn aerated for $120

tiedeman
01-11-2006, 09:56 PM
I understand your situation now