PDA

View Full Version : Excel users... need some help!

General Landscaping
01-11-2006, 08:21 AM
I can get addresses from my county's property appraisers website downloaded into excel. From there, how do I get it ready for address label printing?
The name,address, zip are in separate columns along with other info. (value,year of last sale,etc.)

ooo
01-11-2006, 04:42 PM
I think that depends on your printer software. You have to look in "Printer Options" from excel and see if there is a "Paper Type" section and look for labels.

ooo
01-11-2006, 05:37 PM
Are your columns that you want to print labels for setup like this?:

| NAME | ADDRESS | CITY | STATE | ZIP |

ooo
01-12-2006, 12:11 AM
try here:

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm

If you have a problem let me know Ill try and assist ..I got mine to work

Hard Worker
01-12-2006, 12:32 AM
I print my labels from MS Word. I believe I have the 03 version. Anyway if you have that ability in Word try copy & pasting one address and see if it forms right in the address label field. Make sure you pick the right label option. Any other questions feel free to PM me.

Billy

General Landscaping
01-12-2006, 08:23 AM
Got it.
All the magic happens in "word"
It's in the "mail merge" functions.

Access to every mailbox in the county without typing one address.
Sortable by subdivision, new sales,vacant, etc... to better target "worthwile" prospects.

ooo
01-12-2006, 09:34 AM
Did the county site give you an excel sheet like that or did you import (copy & paste) certain areas into excel? Id like to try this to target certain areas with letters.

General Landscaping
01-12-2006, 02:10 PM
It depends on your county's website.

Here's the property appraiser for mine. http://www.ircpa.org/iView.asp

Go to additional searches.

search type : subdivision

pick out a subdivision from dropdown box

the right side will come up with results; at the bottom there is a link for generate download report.

The info pours into exel and from there; you can filter it as needed( delete vacant lots,etc.)

While you are in the property appraiser's site; you can select one of the names that comes up on the right side and view information for that parcel, including picture and building outlines.

ooo
01-12-2006, 02:35 PM
Thats helpful to have. This county has the home list, but nothing to d/l like that. Thanks