PDA

View Full Version : Woops!

Mr. Force™, Billy Goat Industries
01-11-2006, 11:19 AM
For all of you who have posted questions to me directly I haven't been ignoring you. I've responded to each of them within the day. However, I had computer routing problems and the E-mail replies weren't being sent. My software indicated that they had been sent so I thought there was no problem. Nonetheless, the issue is now solved.

I apologize if anyone thought I wasn't being responsive. Please feel free to ask me any questions you want. I will quickly answer them to the best of my ability.

Sincerely,

Mr. Force

Team Gopher
01-12-2006, 07:51 PM
Hi Mr. Force,

I just checked out your website and wow it looks great! Nice work :)

lampeslawnservice
02-25-2006, 12:26 PM
Didn't get to chime in on your discussion on how to demonstrate power so hears my thoughts... What if you had a clear pvc pipe sood up vertically with say 5#'s of lead or something in it and the blower that blows the something furthest up the tube wins. Kinda like the circus strong man competition with the hammer and bell scenario. Just a thought hope it's not to confusing or circus like!

02-27-2006, 11:14 AM
Didn't get to chime in on your discussion on how to demonstrate power so hears my thoughts... What if you had a clear pvc pipe sood up vertically with say 5#'s of lead or something in it and the blower that blows the something furthest up the tube wins. Kinda like the circus strong man competition with the hammer and bell scenario. Just a thought hope it's not to confusing or circus like!

I'm still up for any ideas out there so thanks for the input. We've tried that type test and we do quite well. That test is static test that's targeted more toward CFM though. It doesn't tell the full MPH story.

The other problem with creating a test fixture is you give your competition a target to aim at. All they have to do is figure out a way to win your test and you've put yourself behind the 8-ball.

At this point we're leaning towards letting the units speak for themselves in conditions (tests) that landscapers can relate to. All of the marketing in the world will not sell a unit better than peer feedback and allowing you to run the unit and make your mind up yourself.

Mr. Force

RayGauthier
03-11-2006, 04:13 PM
You did a Great job on the web site and your product you sold me with the brick test ,and a really good look'en blower I would have to say the nicest looking blower on the market!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:canadaflag:

lawncare3
03-20-2006, 06:01 PM
Where can I get one and how much?

03-21-2006, 09:24 AM
Where can I get one and how much?
We are not promoting our dealers until the formal introduction in 26 days. I'd bet you already do business with at least one or two in your area. As for pricing we're not releasing that information until the introduction as well. I can tell you that the pricing will be similar to equally powered competitive wheeled blowers. Please let me know if you have any other questions I can answer for you.

Mr. Force

Lux Lawn
03-22-2006, 01:01 PM
We are not promoting our dealers until the formal introduction in 26 days. I'd bet you already do business with at least one or two in your area. As for pricing we're not releasing that information until the introduction as well. I can tell you that the pricing will be similar to equally powered competitive wheeled blowers. Please let me know if you have any other questions I can answer for you.

Mr. Force

Why the delay in putting the product on the market???All of the dealers have already had their spring open house sales by then...so if someone was going to buy a blower for the spring and hasn't heard of you yet don't you think you are losing out?Plus by the time it does come out there really no need for that machine until the fall,so why buy when in the middle to end of April after clean-ups are about complete.

I'm sure your company has your reasons.I like the blower and may pick one up for the fall if they are at my dealer.

John Gamba
03-22-2006, 03:03 PM
I'm sure your company has your reasons.I like the blower and may pick one up for the fall if they are at my dealer.

You always dip your toe in the water to see what the temperature is before you totally jump in.:usflag:

03-22-2006, 04:25 PM
Testing, Testing, Testing! You only get one chance to make a first impression. If there is something that has been overlooked or not tested enough bad word spreads faster than good word. How many of you out there have bought first run product only to find that it has some problems that the manufacturer missed because they were trying to hurry it to market? Without mentioning names I can come up with at least a dozen. Many of those product are now gone or have a bad reputation.

We've done hot impact testing, cold timpact testing, sudden impact testing, repetitive impact testing, drop testing, barrel testing, shooting a one inch solid steel bar into it testing (that one was kind of fun), severely out of balance testing, vibration testing, performance testing, and marathon testing just to name a few.

We could have introduced this product earlier however, what tests would you feel confortable with us ignoring? You want the best blower in the world. We want to make sure to make it.

Mr. Force

03-22-2006, 04:30 PM
Testing, Testing, Testing! You only get one chance to make a first impression. If there is something that has been overlooked or not tested enough bad word spreads faster than good word. How many of you out there have bought first run product only to find that it has some problems that the manufacturer missed because they were trying to hurry it to market? Without mentioning names I can come up with at least a dozen. Many of those product are now gone or have a bad reputation.

We've done hot impact testing, cold timpact testing, sudden impact testing, repetitive impact testing, drop testing, barrel testing, shooting a one inch solid steel bar into it testing (that one was kind of fun), severely out of balance testing, vibration testing, performance testing, throttle testing, and marathon testing just to name a few.

We could have introduced this product earlier however, what tests would you feel comfortable with us ignoring? You want the best blower in the world. We want to make sure to make it.

Mr. Force