PDA

View Full Version : How many Own vs Rent Aerator?

kfish
01-11-2006, 11:38 AM
For you that primarily mow, how many have decided it's worth the investment to own an aerator?

wriken
01-11-2006, 11:43 AM
I got mine pretty cheap, could'nt resist the price. we do some aeration, and I did/do still have a pull-behind one. Last fall we did more then we ever did before, may advertize somewhat this early spring. But in my case it was worth the investment. I have the turfco.

Doug Z.
01-11-2006, 11:48 AM
I was looking into buying one this last year, but I didn't want to fork over the dough for a good one. I went and rented it, I only had it 2 days, got all the jobs done, there is no way that it would be paying for itself right now>

rodfather
01-11-2006, 11:59 AM
we have a wb and one that is towed...at times we will also rent an additional wb type when needed.

Envision
01-11-2006, 12:04 PM
I rented one once, and after that I decided it was time to buy. I bought a Plugr PL400 and it paid for itself and more the first season. If you buy one you should be committed to advertising and creating more business to get use out of it, otherwise if you just want to satisfy the needs of a few customers then I suggest renting.

Tim.

beautifullawns
01-11-2006, 01:27 PM
we rented one last year, this year we are buying one of the walker perferators. We plan to advertise a lot, because there is a lot of money in it.

Green-Pro
01-11-2006, 02:03 PM
I bought a BillyGoat the beginning of last season, glad I did. Have plans to buy a towable or ride on for this year to compliment the WB.

3rd tractor generation
01-12-2006, 02:37 PM
I bought A used walk-bedhind bluebird model from the same place that I was renting aerators, I got it for a good deal and paid for 70% of it this fall. even if i dont advertise for it I figured it would pay for itself just not having to pay the rental charge every time I needed to rent one.