PDA

View Full Version : P And P Lawn Care`s Start

pnplawncare
01-12-2006, 08:22 AM
The way I got started is kinda strange. I trained this horse for this guy, and I finally bought myself one. I help him with stuff around his sisters place where he and I kept our horse`s. I built stalls for them all sorts things. One day I come home to find on my door, I needed to start paying 100.00 month to keep my horse there. ( I felt it wasn't right, I trained his horse, built stalls for his horse`s to get out the rain and feed in. I did all kinds things for him. ) He always said I would always have place for my horse.Well I wasn't going to pay him $100.00 month to keep my horse there. ( not that It wasn't cheap enough Its the point.) Well I was riding my horse one day and this lady that is about 65 years old owned a big 2 story home with 5 acres behind her house where her husband ( died some time ago ) kept cows. It was fenced off so on. I asked her what she would charge me to keep my horse`s there. By this time I got another one I was keeping at my house. She said If I would mow her yard and keep up the pasture I was welcome to keep my horse`s there for free, I agreed! So in order to keep it mowed I had to buy a mower. So buddy of mine had this DR.Power brush and bush-hog mower for sale. I bought it for $1,200, which he said I could make payments on it . ( which I payed it off about 2 months after I started mowing) I was in between jobs so my Girl Friend says, Why don't we look for some yards to mow. That was beautiful start of P And P Lawn Care Service. Its been hard road but I learned the in and outs. I would always buy equipment if I would come across something for sale. My girl friend could`nt understand why I was spending money on equipment. I told her, you have to spend money to make money. I have to have this stuff to do the jobs. Needless to say The other P is not here anymore. People ask me why I keep P and P if she is not here anymore, I tell them I started out with it I'm going to keep it.I enjoy this work wish I would of got into it long time ago. This will be my second year in business I have alot accounts from last year moving to the new year. I do alot work for realty company's here in my town they always pay well. I have about 10 commecrial accounts about 23 residential accounts. I built myself website built and designed a online invoice system for my customers. They sign in with user name and pass word and then they can print out there monthly invoice. They can go back to all 12 months if they need to. Its php. with MySQL database. It has email generator that will automatic email them when I make there invoice, Let them know they have invoice waiting,when there invoice is paid it will automatic send them a thank you email and update there invoice to payed. Its nice system I don't have to mail ( snail Mail I call it USPS ) to alot my customers now. Most have IE service. Rodman.

zim bob the landscaper
01-12-2006, 04:56 PM
wow thats kool start and like the website

welcome to lawnsite by the way:waving:

kirk brown
01-14-2006, 10:49 AM
right on
they say when a door closes a window open.
website looks awesome.
you can keep your horse at my house...(just kiddin`):)

kootoomootoo
01-14-2006, 02:43 PM
Did you buy the rights to the photo at the top of your website?
If not expect a lawsuit.

GreaterMilwLawnscape
01-20-2006, 08:47 PM
I absolutely hate it when people advertise with other peoples work.... REDICULOUS!! Take pictures!!

nobagger
01-20-2006, 09:13 PM
I absolutely hate it when people advertise with other peoples work.... REDICULOUS!! Take pictures!!
Yeah thats pretty cheeeeezy! Why not have enough pride in your own work to make that your predominate picture?:nono: Greater- how do you like the Lazer hp? I am seriously thinking of one this spring. My local Exmark dealer has a left over model, say's he'll make me a good deal.lol It's a 52" with a 23hp kawi.

The Ripper
01-20-2006, 09:39 PM
Don't slam the guy for his website. He is telling his personal story and you guys want to bash his website. If he made a mistake and used that picture that half the people on lawnsite also use then so what. Why don't you give him some positive feedback. If you want to feel superior go beat your kids or what ever it is that you do.

GreaterMilwLawnscape
01-20-2006, 10:10 PM
Well to you nobagger - I say buy it, great investment, and it will make you money, without costing you repairs.
To you the ripper - well i wasnt attacking him, Im just saying, i get fliers all the time in the mailbox and its people using other peoples work...
So to you PandP - Great story and i wish you all the best... Be proud of the good work you do.. Take pictures.. People love to see what we as business owners are capable of doing!!

pnplawncare
01-21-2006, 01:35 AM
Did you buy the rights to the photo at the top of your website?
If not expect a lawsuit.

The site came from TeamGhoper. It's one of there FREE templates.

kootoomootoo
01-29-2006, 11:18 PM
The site came from TeamGhoper. It's one of there FREE templates.

Yes you are correct. Interesting.
You took down your web address.

K.Carothers
02-25-2006, 04:53 AM

It's done everyday. He is just staring out and proud to tell his story.

Good job pnp, keep up the good work.

kc

daveintoledo
03-07-2006, 04:14 PM
id like to see it, hey you can always replace the picture later.... good luck and cool story..