PDA

View Full Version : Dump Trailer or Insert?

RedWingsDet
01-12-2006, 06:32 PM
Once I sell my trailer, im going to be getting a dump trailer or insert. Im not sure what I want. Im moving in the summer so I'd be nice to have a dump insert so I dont have to pay storage. Basically, what I would like to know is can you fit/haul/lift as much in a insert as a dump trailer. Plus with a insert I can get the attachment to make it into a salt spreader. On top of that, what is better steel (doesnt dent as easy but rusts) or aluminm (dents but doesnt rust)?

Shawns Lawns
01-12-2006, 06:55 PM
Once I sell my trailer, im going to be getting a dump trailer or insert. Im not sure what I want. Im moving in the summer so I'd be nice to have a dump insert so I dont have to pay storage. Basically, what I would like to know is can you fit/haul/lift as much in a insert as a dump trailer. Plus with a insert I can get the attachment to make it into a salt spreader. On top of that, what is better steel (doesnt dent as easy but rusts) or aluminm (dents but doesnt rust)?

For the right amount of money you can get anything you want. A dump trailer can hold more weight than an insert but if your looking for a insert thats less weight check this out its lighter but still expensive. http://www.dump-pro.com/pgs/qna/faqs.htm

JRSlawn
01-12-2006, 07:05 PM
I have an easy dumper that is 2 years old. It needs rebuilt the back has fire damge. needs new hoses and controller motor is still good if you are intrested make me an offer

grandview (2006)
01-12-2006, 07:06 PM
I like my dump trailer because i like to keep my truck bed free plus with snow plowing i like seeing all around me.With the dump trailer sometimes i'll go and pick up supplies a day or two early and park it. And you can get a lot of mulch in it.

RedWingsDet
01-12-2006, 07:07 PM
I cant do anything until I sell my trailer. Plus, Im buying a new truck in the spring and am getting a 6ft bed, so I'll need the 6ft bed version. If I change my mind and decide to get a 8ft bed I'll let you know.