PDA

View Full Version : Fill in person without insurance

garyt
01-12-2006, 10:49 PM
Say for instance that I am running solo and I have liability insurance. At times I need to have a person fill in on a job or two (vacation time). If this person is using their own equipment but doesn't have insurance would it be safe for ME to hire them? I'm guessing not as nothing seems simple :)

CLARK LAWN
01-12-2006, 11:39 PM
i would say NOT to hire them if they are using thier own stuff then you are subcontracting them and if something happens your insurance could drop you for hiring an uninsured contractor

olderthandirt
01-13-2006, 12:08 AM
Your ins will require a certificate of WC and a copy of there general liability. If they or you can't produce them either you are not covered or they will cover the sub contractor on your policy and when they do the yr. audit your rates will go through the roof.

tiedeman
01-13-2006, 12:27 AM
I personally would not hire them.

befnme
01-13-2006, 07:46 AM
i would say NOT to hire them if they are using thier own stuff then you are subcontracting them and if something happens your insurance could drop you for hiring an uninsured contractor

you are right . when i got my ins. i was asked specifically " will you be sub contracting to any one ?"

Littleriver1
01-13-2006, 08:50 AM
Having just read the thread "Are lawn boy's a dime a dozen" I am wondering why we beat the guy up for not having insurance and then hire him.

Roger
01-13-2006, 09:14 AM
Working solo and vacation time, two ideas that don't go together -- moot question on what to do.

wriken
01-13-2006, 09:20 AM
I would not hire them either, I could just imagine what would happen if something happened.