PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a trailer with 4 ft mesh walls?

Ric3077
01-13-2006, 12:21 AM
I'm looking at buying a 14 ft trailer with 4 foot mesh walls around it so I can put signs on the sides to advertise (since I cant afford an enclosed trailer) and to keep my equipment a lil more secure too...It has a mess basket up front too for storeage...they are asking $2500 (ignore the top pic) (brand new, dual axle, brakes, 1 ramp in back, new tires, treated pine floor, trimmer rack etc) what do you guys think? :blob1: :blob4: :blob1: :blob4: :blob1: :blob4: :blob1: :blob4: :blob1: :blob4:

http://www.loadtrail.com/images/0061aa.jpg

Squizzy246B
01-13-2006, 12:42 AM
Anyone have a trailer with 4 ft mesh walls?

Yes I do:) :) :) :)

Sorry, couldn't help that:blush:

PLS-Tx
01-13-2006, 12:42 AM
Nice trailer

Sounds like a good deal, around here that trailer would be around $3500.

Maybe it has somthing to do with the hurricane that blew threw.:rolleyes:

irishgoldcleanups
01-13-2006, 01:52 AM
where is that dealer located?

Ric3077
01-13-2006, 10:33 AM
The dealer is in St. Charles, MO like 5 minutes from me...They order their trailers from a place in Texas called Load Trail. Are they pretty good? Any one ever heard of em? :blob4: :blob1: :blob4: :blob1: :blob4: :blob1: :blob4: :blob1:

Ric3077
01-13-2006, 10:44 AM
Squizzy...any downfalls to the 4 ft walls? Do you have and signs on the sides to advertize? Where would I get sings like that made? Thanks! :blob4: :blob1: :blob4: :blob1: :blob4: :blob1: :blob4: :blob1:

Envy Lawn Service
01-13-2006, 10:55 PM
Well, there is a guy here that has a white one that is unbelieveable. REALLY!

The only negatives I can see with 4 ft mesh walls is that the things you mentioned are about all of the positives. Otherwise, it really defeats the purpose of an open trailer and cuts the benefits.

My sidewalls stop at the top of my fenders. Just deep enough so I can drop the equipment and then go mound all of the mulch on it that it will hold. With the low sides, the mulch is also easy to get right off. In additon it's easy to load other materials on it for hauling, and I can just step right on and hop on the mowers.

With the 4 ft walls you can't do any of that, use the trailer dual purpose.... and good luck fueling up the equipment...

B&B Lndscpng & Lwn Srvc
01-14-2006, 12:36 AM
I have a 16' trailer set up bsically the same way except mine has 2' high side mesh. My trimmer racks set on top of the rails so 4' would have been way to tall. I had mine custom built here in Alabama for $1300 so your price is probably pretty good for your area. I use mine dual purpose for landscaping also. It is my primary mulch hauler. At 16' long with 2' sides i have had 12 yds of mulch on it. I used it for about 2 years but now i have an Isuzu 18' box truck for lawn service and use the trailer primarily for landscaping and as a backup.

B&B Lndscpng & Lwn Srvc
01-14-2006, 12:43 AM
from looking at the pictures you posted both those trailers combined are like mine. Go with the trailer with lower sides and side gate the have them take the cage from the big trailer and mount it on front of the trailer sitting over the tongue. That way you don't lose any of your valuable floor space or have to park mowers under the cage. The final result will be what i have. I would be glad to drop you some pics of mine. Message me if interested.

Squizzy246B
01-14-2006, 01:11 AM
Squizzy...any downfalls to the 4 ft walls? Do you have and signs on the sides to advertize? Where would I get sings like that made? Thanks! :blob4: :blob1: :blob4: :blob1: :blob4: :blob1: :blob4: :blob1:

Ric, The high sides are a PIA and a blessing at the same time. We have some corflute (sp) siteworks signs that are just attached to the mesh sides while we are working out how to best set up the trailer. They only cost a few dollars and look reasonable for the time being. We want something more presentable in the future.

Because our trailer is 23' we have our work tools, mixer, toolboxes, wheelbarrows etc at the front where the mesh sides are and the skid goes over the axles at the back. This means we don't need to lash everything down but it also makes them more difficult to access. We are either going to cut the sides down or hinge them in some way....haven't had the trailer long so we are just using it for awhile to see how it should be best setup.

You can see the trailer here if you havent already:

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=127907

Mr.Mow-It-All
01-14-2006, 05:17 AM
I'm looking at buying a 14 ft trailer with 4 foot mesh walls around it so I can put signs on the sides to advertise (since I cant afford an enclosed trailer) and to keep my equipment a lil more secure too...It has a mess basket up front too for storeage...they are asking $2500 (ignore the top pic) (brand new, dual axle, brakes, 1 ramp in back, new tires, treated pine floor, trimmer rack etc) what do you guys think? :blob1: :blob4: :blob1: :blob4: :blob1: :blob4: :blob1: :blob4: :blob1: :blob4:

http://www.loadtrail.com/images/0061aa.jpg

Yes I do and I have loved it. I am going to sell it only to get an enclosed. But it is nice having the 4 foot mesh sides. ONe of the downfalls is that I did a lot of highway driving with it (70-80 mph) and I think the 4 foot of mesh actualy grabs the wind and is more of a drag than the enclosed. On the enclosed the air goes around the trailer but with the mesh side (and mine is 20 foot, so it is more trailer to grab) acts as screen and when going that fast is a pretty big drag on the truck.

But all in all I have realy liked the trailer. And I am not just saying that to sell you mine. For 1 mine 20 foot and your looking at a 14 footer, and of course the distance. I say this just so you don't think I am just trying to sell mine, I realy have like the trailer better than the utility trailers that I have owned.

South Florida Lawns
01-14-2006, 12:56 PM
Thats a pretty good price.

Plus think of how you could haul mulch and loose stuff.

Friend just bought this model from Big Tex for $2,200

MMLawn
01-24-2006, 08:57 PM
One of mine is a 7'x18' with the 4' mesh sides and front locking cage like the one you are considering. We use it 2-3 times a week, but while we have had no issues with it at all, I probably would not buy another one either.

But I tell you what it is GREAT for. You can haul many yards of mulch in it without losing a single little piece and you can carry away a ton of debris such as limbs, hedge clippings etc, also without ever losing a piece, even traveling at 70MPH. The high sides allow it to just sit on the tariler and whips the wind right over the top of it so it never gets disturbed.

YardPro
01-24-2006, 09:25 PM
my 16 foot trailer has 2 foot mesh sides and they are perfect... would not want any taller...

everthing thas goes in or our of the trailer would have to go through a gate....

tcls83
01-24-2006, 09:43 PM
my 16 foot trailer has 2 foot mesh sides and they are perfect... would not want any taller...

everthing thas goes in or our of the trailer would have to go through a gate....

Those are pretty cool trailers. Love that side gate.

It also looks good for starting your own mobile animal control facility with one of those!

DAN-O'S TURF MANAGEMENT
01-25-2006, 10:24 PM
Greetings from Grand Lake Oklahoma! I am using a 20 foot enclosed trailer now, but I have a 16 foot trailer with 4 foot sides, an outside 3 trimmer rack,a 2 foot square lockable expanded metal enclosure on the front leading edge of the trailer. This is what I used before I purchased my enclosed one. I installed a complete JUNGLE JIMS GEAR CADDY on the inside of the trailer and had my company's logo attached to the sides with two coroplast/ vinyl lettered signs. it's a great trailer, Performance by Parker is the maker I believe.I'm actually selling it for 1,500.00 firm. Just for clarity, I took the jungle jims equipment off and it is now on my enclosed trailer, but the 16 footer still has the original outside one welded above the driver's side fender. Thanks for your time.......Dan from Dan-o's Turf Management

DAN-O'S TURF MANAGEMENT
01-26-2006, 03:39 PM
I have a 1- ton chevy pto driven dump truck. I have constructed a treated lumber box frame around the flat bed. So my frame work is in place, what do I complete the box with? Treated plywood painted with black epoxy paint to match the desired professional appearance of my truck, or that woven heavy mill truck cover fabric, which would look equally profesional. The issue is air flow, or no air flow? Which is best for a debris loader application?....I appreciate your time.......Dan from Dan-o's Turf Management