PDA

View Full Version : Tip Of The Day - 1/13/06 - LawnSite Olympics

Sean Adams
01-13-2006, 05:32 PM
Instead of the same old trade show, why not create a big competition where many different skills are tested and it is organized in a competitive way.... I'm sure there are quite a few people on this site who think they can mow, trim, edge, prune, build, etc... faster and better than others.... I know this has probably been done on smaller scales elsewhere, but I think it would be interesting and a lot of fun for someone to hoist the trophy or gold medal for "Fastest Load Time of 5 cubic yards of mulch with a Skid Steer into a Dump Truck".... Could even make it a charity thing where a depressed area in need of a cosmetic face-lift gets a freebie from the competitiors....

C'mon, who wouldn't rather have te LawnSite user title "Fastest Trimmer" versus "LawnSite Fanatic"?

randosh4
01-13-2006, 05:39 PM
Great idea where do we sign up

sheshovel
01-13-2006, 08:48 PM
Sounds like an idea in the making
but faster does not always mean better as you well know

DLS1
01-13-2006, 09:31 PM
Instead of the same old trade show, why not create a big competition where many different skills are tested and it is organized in a competitive way.... I'm sure there are quite a few people on this site who think they can mow, trim, edge, prune, build, etc... faster and better than others.... I know this has probably been done on smaller scales elsewhere, but I think it would be interesting and a lot of fun for someone to hoist the trophy or gold medal for "Fastest Load Time of 5 cubic yards of mulch with a Skid Steer into a Dump Truck".... Could even make it a charity thing where a depressed area in need of a cosmetic face-lift gets a freebie from the competitiors....

C'mon, who wouldn't rather have te LawnSite user title "Fastest Trimmer" versus "LawnSite Fanatic"?

Your taking this grass mowing to seriously or looking for new ways to promote lawnsite. :laugh:

The Ripper
01-14-2006, 02:59 PM
Sheshovel you really need to get a new picture that one you use really creeps us all out.

Itsgottobegreen
01-14-2006, 05:08 PM
All depends on who's skid loader, whether its two speed or not. Etc.

Yea I rather have something else other than broze member. I like the old names. Like lawnsite addict

olderthandirt
01-14-2006, 05:21 PM
Yea I rather have something else other than broze member. I like the old names. Like lawnsite addict

I prefer CASH payup payup payup schools not cheap and if I have to teach a lesson I would like to be compensated for it :p

tiedeman
01-15-2006, 01:01 AM
I wouldn't mind doing this, heck just going to see it would be a blast

yardmanlee
01-15-2006, 08:51 AM
when I worked for v.d.o.t we had skills competion every yr w/ a course to run the trucks w/ snow plows on them, a back hoe competion using traffic cones
a softball and a 1 gallon bucket, also had a rubber tire loader event moving
pipe thought an obistackle course, now these guys took it seriously !!!!!
it was fun !!!

sheshovel
01-16-2006, 12:24 AM
Sheshovel you really need to get a new picture that one you use really creeps us all out.

No Kidding really??LOL!!

jc50292
01-20-2006, 12:12 PM
Make it happen! Even those of us(like me) that don't stand a chance at winning any of the competitions would have a blast just competing and meeting everybody.

yardmanlee
01-20-2006, 07:40 PM
I'd help w/ setting up the corses for some of the equipment and a snow plow event, and why not let some of the vendors supply the prizes for the winners/
contestants, Im sure that if ask they would donate to the cause,
just let me know !!!

mulcahy mowing
01-22-2006, 02:07 PM
If you guys want snowmaking for the snowplow event i can help you out!

FinerCutslawnCare
01-28-2006, 01:21 AM
That kinda sounds like a good idea and somewhat fun to see what people come up with!

mowingtowing
02-06-2006, 10:36 PM
i almost set something like this up this year for my employees and I. See who could mow (really drive a hydro walk behind) around plastic sticks in a course comming as close as possiable but not hitting then i was conisdering a trimming portion and if you hit the plastic pole, points/time were to be taken off.
I didnt get a chance to have these games b/c we were too busy. Guess thats a good thing tough, maybe next year as refresher courses :):)