PDA

View Full Version : Some new logo's I made

nobagger
01-13-2006, 08:52 PM
Hopefully these will post ok. Here are some logo's I made that I'm thinking of using.

tiedeman
01-13-2006, 09:05 PM
The first one is ok, but I would change things about it

jtkplc
01-13-2006, 09:06 PM
#4 is great. the other 2 just don't look near as professional and they don't really catch my eye. one suggestion, you might try to come up with another name besides initials. be creative about it. the way i picked my name was by using a thesarus and typing in words like superior, care, etc. and see what words come up that might look good and sound good for a business name. just a thought. but i do like that logo.

1MajorTom
01-13-2006, 09:12 PM
#6 is not a logo, it is more of an advertisment. use the kiss idea. Keep It Simple Stupid.

out4now
01-13-2006, 09:27 PM
I agree #4 is the best looking one.

drsogr
01-13-2006, 11:04 PM
#4 looks the best. It looks like an audio store logo though.

MMLawn
01-13-2006, 11:28 PM
one suggestion, you might try to come up with another name besides initials. be creative about it.

Dang it!! I wish I had gotten that advice!! Now I know why my company went from a one horse $3,000.00 a year company in 1979 to a seven figures one in 2005.....my daggum business name the whole 27 years has been wrong, cause it is also initals!!! :laugh:

RHayden
01-13-2006, 11:39 PM
#4 is a good start. Try dropping the name below the circle so it will be easier to read. Might also experiment with another icon inside the circle.

Gautreaux's LNG
01-14-2006, 05:14 PM
Logo's and fancy names are great but make the logo easy to read and undertand!

My company was GreenTeam.... the name said enough! Our logo was a simple design, Green bold letter and the T was a tree design (wish I had one on this computer I'd post it). GreenTeam and the phone number was enough, the knew how to get us and they knew what we did.

Now that I sell equipment and have sold my landscape business. I know that catchy names don't matter much...... Fred's lawn service will make plenty money if Fred runs a professional business with reliable service!!

Spend time on designing your service agreements and flyers.....

Make your logo easy to read and understand!

Green-Pro
01-14-2006, 06:37 PM
#4 looks the best out of the three #6 is to busy. Frankly though none of them jumps out at me.

JMO, but I would redesign.

Squizzy246B
01-14-2006, 06:41 PM
Well it depends on what its for, but I'll against the tide:

No 6 is easy to read and lets people know what you do, I like it. No 4 doesn't contrast enough and I think it will look like a colourful blob.

walker-talker
01-14-2006, 10:27 PM
I would give the same advice as your first thread about a logo...spend the $100 and have a professional design you something. You won't be disappointed.

Matt

Mykster
01-15-2006, 01:24 AM
Out of the three, I also like no. 4 the best.

Green-Pro
01-15-2006, 08:42 AM
I would give the same advice as your first thread about a logo...spend the $100 and have a professional design you something. You won't be disappointed.

Matt

This is good advice. I went to designoutpost.com and had a logo made, turned
out great, lots of compliments on it, cost about $100.

TPnTX
01-15-2006, 10:35 AM
HERE (http://photobucket.com/albums/c105/tpntx/logo/?action=view&slideshow=true) is a couple i made using Publisher.

BTW I like #4 but your contrast is wrong. You can't easily read the letter on top of the graphic.

ther others, the info displayed at that radius just doesn't work too well. It takes too long to read it.
Again play around with the contrast on number 4. Make you letter jump out and stay out front.

jsaunders
01-15-2006, 09:05 PM
like # 4 looks good

indy2tall
01-16-2006, 04:09 PM
This is good advice. I went to designoutpost.com and had a logo made, turned
out great, lots of compliments on it, cost about $100.

Green-Pro, got any pictures of your logo so we can see what you got for a hundred dollars?

Green-Pro
01-16-2006, 05:12 PM
Green-Pro, got any pictures of your logo so we can see what you got for a hundred dollars?

Here ya go, also go to www.designoutpost.com they have an archive section you can see all submitted artwork for logos for lots of lawn and landscape companies.

walker-talker
01-16-2006, 05:47 PM
For $100, you're not going to beat that. I don't think for $1000 you are going to get much more. That's a professional looking logo. Also notice that the logo is limited to two colors. The reason is for print cost. The more colors that go into a print job, mainly truck lettering and signs, the more expensive they are. If you are not familar with designoutpost I will give a quick run down. You submit your $100, your business name and some ideas you may or maynot have about what your logo should look like. After that you will have various artist competing for your logo design. You might have, more or less, 4 artist competing for your logo design. They don't only design logos there either. You can have letterheads, business cards, fliers, postcards, brochures, websites and much more. You owe it to yourself to atleast visit the site and take a look at some of their work. These artist probably don't know the first thing about tending to lawncare work, but we do. On the other foot, most of us don't know the first thing about design work, so leave that up to the professional.