PDA

View Full Version : Newcomer questions

Davis Lawncare
01-14-2006, 02:28 AM
What's up guys. I am new to the board and very interested in learning how to hardscape in hopes of eventually incorporating it into my business. I would like to do a little project in front of my house to start out and have been reading up on all of your posts to try to obtain enough knowledge to do so. I have NEVER done any of work of this kind so basically don't have a clue. One of my questions is, what is the sub-base/fabric you are supposed to lay before the bedding sand? Where can you buy that? I also heard it referred to as course aggregate I believe. Keep in mind, I am only 20 and have had no experience in this field so my questions will most likely require a little patience from you veterans. Haha, Thanks. :waving:

vntgrcr
01-14-2006, 07:35 AM
First off, thank you for either using spell check or knowing how to spell and use correct penmanship! Sorry just a pet peeve of mine on this site, nothing personal against anyone.
What you need to do is find a supplier of paver/retaining wall materials and they should have all the information you need. My local yard has everyrthing from the base material to the sealers. All of the manufacturers have little pamhplets that will walk you through the process from start to finish. I am not giving you much details because you will obviously need to find a material supplier, so use what they have and ask questions. You will get plenty of help here, so if all else fails keep posting questions.

Davis Lawncare
01-14-2006, 01:39 PM
Okay. I appreciate your help.

Davis Lawncare
01-14-2006, 04:32 PM
I recently found a site that explains all the hardscaping terms. If anyone would like to have it for newcomers or any reason for that matter the site is: http://www.pavingexpert.com/home.htm