PDA

View Full Version : Time tracking

lawnman_scott
01-14-2006, 03:17 PM
For those of you that track time spent how do you do it. This is for maintenance mostly. I keep track of time spent on each lawn, then keep a running track of the total other time spent working, weather it be lunch, dump, mower shop, driving, ect. Then I divide by the # of lawns serviced that week. I do this because if we go to the dump once a week, some of that time is associated with lawns from all through the week, and if the mower needs a part, its the same thing. Any ideas or comments?

mtdman
01-14-2006, 03:22 PM
I don't, but i need to, so I am interested in hearing and seeing some of the methods as well.

:D

lawnman_scott
01-14-2006, 03:29 PM
I don't, but i need to, so I am interested in hearing and seeing some of the methods as well.

:DI always thought it was a waste of time. Getting too technical. But I just started it, and can see already that I have some people that could be raised in price, and some I should be thankful they pay what they do.

I wasnt even going to track the time not at the lawn, but it is time, and I want to see the true hourly rate for myself.