PDA

View Full Version : New Hitch Rack for Aerator/Snowblower

Envision
01-14-2006, 07:22 PM
I have a few clients that I do snowblowing and quite a few that I aerate for so I had a custom rack made so I don't have to pull a trailer. This will work quite well when I expand and can have a truck w/ single employee running aerations in the fall.

What does everyone think?

Petr51488
01-14-2006, 07:40 PM
THat is pure genius. No Joke... I love it..How much does it weigh? Did you make it? or buy it? how much did it cost you?

Envision
01-15-2006, 01:01 AM
Thanks for the comments, I can't wait to get some use out of it!

It is a little on the heavy side, however it can be put in place with one person. My father-in-law made it for free, just cost me some spray paint and then I rubber coated with some cheap stuff. I gave him the general idea and he ran with it. I researched buying one however none were wide enough for the right price, if they were they ran $300 plus.

There were many days that I hauled a 10' trailer around with just the aerator in the picture, and that is just overkill. Then, with snowblowing it was difficult to get it into the back of my truck with the ramps that I had.

P & L Turf
01-16-2006, 09:02 PM
Looks good. I was thinking of doing the same thing.

dcondon
01-16-2006, 09:31 PM
Great setup, I like it very much. We may have to look into that!!!! THANKS:)

dcondon
01-16-2006, 09:33 PM
Do you just have it in the reese hitch or what else to you have there to stablize it.... Any close up pic's????

Envision
01-16-2006, 09:52 PM
It just sits in the receiver, no stabilizers at all. With nothing on it, it will lean to the passenger side due to the weight of the gate. However, you can offset that when you place whatever equipment you haul with it. It rides very nice without any issues.

If you want some more pics, I'll send them. It is not a refined piece of work, there are many areas for improvement.....

Thanks, Tim.

dcondon
01-16-2006, 09:59 PM
It just sits in the receiver, no stabilizers at all. With nothing on it, it will lean to the passenger side due to the weight of the gate. However, you can offset that when you place whatever equipment you haul with it. It rides very nice without any issues.

If you want some more pics, I'll send them. It is not a refined piece of work, there are many areas for improvement.....

Thanks, Tim.

THANKS, I would love to have some pic's of what the bottom looks like.:)

wriken
01-16-2006, 11:02 PM
dcondon, what size reese hitch you have on the trailblazer?

kppurn
01-16-2006, 11:06 PM
I have a similar set-up as well. It works much better than hauling small equipment on a trailer.

wriken
01-16-2006, 11:20 PM
I thought I saw a similar setup, sold thru jcwhitney, I know they sell the extended tube that fits into a reese hitch. Could get that then build around that.

Envision
01-18-2006, 10:45 PM
Haven't forgot about the pictures for dcondon, I'll get them shortly....

LawnScapers of Dayton
01-19-2006, 06:20 AM
www.versahaul.com/mobility.html

I had looked into this before..... Looks like a useful tool....

Derek

dcondon
01-19-2006, 09:29 PM
Haven't forgot about the pictures for dcondon, I'll get them shortly....

thanks if you could!!:waving:

sildoc
01-19-2006, 09:37 PM
I built one last year. Best tool I have ever made. Cost me less than 100 in steel and I have saved 3 times that already in fuel.
I use it for my aerator and my 21" mower. I toss the blower and trimer in bed and a few misc tools and just tote the 21 around. I split my props that I can use a 36 or larger machine and strait 21" machine route. I mow all larger props at the end of the week as most of my larger props are commercial. Dont hook the trailer up untill wedness day night. Pretty nice.

cochino12
01-20-2006, 12:17 AM
very nice, been following this thread. To everyone that has built something similar what dimensions are you buildng? all the pre-built racks are only like 27" wide, my aerator is at least 30"? great idea, but would a 36" rack work?

Envision
01-20-2006, 08:55 AM
Here is a pic of the bottom.

The dimensions of this one are 60" long and 28" wide. Fits my aerator and snowblower nicely. I wish it wasn't as long as it was, it would cut down on weight quite a bit.