47533 47534

I just have the put company logo up now on the trailer

RayGauthier
01-15-2006, 02:25 PM
47541 47542

47543 47544

keepoffthegrass
01-25-2006, 07:39 PM
HI, nice setup and work! Was wondering weather you built your system or if you bought it?

RayGauthier
01-27-2006, 08:08 PM
I bought unit near Toronto

kirk brown
01-27-2006, 10:40 PM
nice set up.
i do some part time but i`m still in the "using hand roller " stage.
i did some camping up at black bear beach in the summer.
it`s nice up there.

RayGauthier
01-28-2006, 10:16 AM
Hi There !
Nice to see guy's from Canada on here.
Ya it is nice at black bear.
I when down by your area in November for remembrance day nice out there to.
:drinkup:

kirk brown
02-01-2006, 01:52 PM
i`ve just been sealing to supplement my lawn jobs.
at what point should i go from pails of sealent to a tank?
last year i did maybe 10 small driveways.

RayGauthier
02-04-2006, 06:30 PM
I can do 10 driveways a day !!!
also spray looks a hell of alot better.

G.L. In Ont
02-08-2006, 10:33 AM
Hi Ray -- the website is great -- I especially like the quotes you have in there from the NAPA and Consumer Reports etc -- good idea. I would think Homeowners are probably influenced quite a bit by a message like that.

So where near TO did you buy it and how much does the entire setup cost? How many can you do in a season and at what price point. Also, how much (in %) is your material cost.

I currently have a corporate job but am already snowplowing and looking to do lawn maintenance this summer. I am also looking into a couple of franchise options.

Take care, GL

RayGauthier
02-09-2006, 06:58 PM
Hi their guy's

Here is the link to the company that I got my unit from.
http://www.protectasphalt.com/
They will help you out with everthing you need .
Thanks for looking at web site you can and anything you want in my form page if you like (questions)
Thanks Guy's
:blob4:

G.L. In Ont
02-10-2006, 04:07 PM
Ray, I've got a call in to Protect Asphalt -- I'd like to see how much their starter kit is.

Take care, GL

RayGauthier
02-10-2006, 07:29 PM
You will see that they are pretty good !
If you can afford the hose reel go for it it's about $300 so you don't have a bunch hose in the back of your truck or trailer .
Go with the 150 ft hose I have 100ft and I find that I have to back the trailer into driveways sometimes (1/10 driveways)
But if you are just breaking into the business go with the minimum and you will find tricks that work for you .
This is what I would pick up .
1. Basic 100 gallon tank motor and sprayer (starter kit )
2. 1 X extra sprayer tip and nut.
3. Wire broom for edge's (home depot or he sells them)
4. Measure wheel (to find out your SQ Ft of the driveway)
5. Leaf blower(home depot)
6. Small flags to mark the driveway after sealing it
7. 150 ft hose
8. hose reel
9. Normal broom (home depot)
10. Deflector boards (home depot)

I hope this can help you.
What kind of truck are you going to putting this in or are you going with the trailer ?
I had it in my Dodge Ram 1500 and had to put air bags in.

kirk brown
02-10-2006, 07:50 PM
hey ray
do you ever sell any used equipment or know where around here i could pick some up?
also where do you fill your tank`s?

RayGauthier
02-10-2006, 07:55 PM
Used equipment is very hard to find !!!!!
I guess I am a pack rat I don't sell anything !!
I fill my tank up in Ottawa a little far for me but I really like the product and well worth the drive.

RayGauthier
02-10-2006, 08:09 PM
You can call
http://www.protectasphalt.com/
Alot of sealers go there maybe get something there and I can look in my business cards to find another spot but try them first .
I was there and a guy came in and was selling a double wide hose reel maybe he has more or even used units for sell.
Good luck used is hard to find but if you can save money it's just more money in a hard working man's hand!!!!!!!!

G.L. In Ont
02-10-2006, 09:01 PM
Ray, thanks for the listing, that will help. I chatted to a guy at Protect Asphalt and he was pretty helpful. The basic kit sounds like it's around the $4K mark -- hose reel is $300 as you say. He said that there will be a place closer to me for refilling the tank - Barrie or in Toronto (I'm in Newmarket).

He said they'd show me how to do it and a few tips and tricks and the installation is free. I have a 2500 GMC Sierra so it would take it in the bed no prob but I'd probably rather have it in a smaller trailer. I already have a 10x6 landscape trailer but I use to haul around a mini-skid for digging post holes in the summer.

Do you do it as a one-man show or do you have a helper along? In one of the videos on their site it shows two guys, one spraying and one holding the hose.

Take care, GL

RayGauthier
02-11-2006, 03:03 PM
He will show you the tricks but it will be up to you to learn the trade.
I.E walking speed ,spraying ,and cutting out the driveway
I use a two man team
1. To cut out the grass and blow the driveway (while I talk to the customer)
2. To hold the defector board (same guy) while I spray
3. To pull back on the hose so I don't have the hose in my way while I spray
4. To help out with clean up and reel in the hose.
5. Close up the trailer while the job gets paid (customer's like to talk)
6. Mark off the end of driveway
7. Off to the next house

If you have a good helper you can have the driveway cleaned off and oil spots done , and sprayed in 45min.
payup

K.Carothers
02-12-2006, 01:48 AM
Looks like a good idea.
How do you advertise this?
How long does it take to dry?
Can you make some good cash?
Is there a customer demand for this?

thanks,

kc

keepoffthegrass
02-12-2006, 09:12 AM
Ray, thanks for the listing, that will help. I chatted to a guy at Protect Asphalt and he was pretty helpful. The basic kit sounds like it's around the $4K mark -- hose reel is $300 as you say. He said that there will be a place closer to me for refilling the tank - Barrie or in Toronto (I'm in Newmarket).

He said they'd show me how to do it and a few tips and tricks and the installation is free. I have a 2500 GMC Sierra so it would take it in the bed no prob but I'd probably rather have it in a smaller trailer. I already have a 10x6 landscape trailer but I use to haul around a mini-skid for digging post holes in the summer.

Do you do it as a one-man show or do you have a helper along? In one of the videos on their site it shows two guys, one spraying and one holding the hose.

Take care, GL

Hi, i emailed the company for a quote on the starter kit and got a much lower price then you. Did you add in a bunch of options too? here is the email i sent and recieved from him.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
To:
Hi, looking into your spray unit w/black tank and honda/pump and real. could you tell me how long the spray hose is, and if it uses circulation for agitation? what is the price on the unit? Thanks.

--
Korey Kelch-
Days get shorter, snow gets deeper, life gets better.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Response:
Hi Korey
The hose on our units are 100 feet but we can add more if you like.
That black tank is steel and the material is circulated.
The cost of that unit plus a hose reel is $2900.00 Canadian.
If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to call our toll free number at 1-800-465-0024
Thank You

keepoffthegrass
02-12-2006, 09:14 AM
I have decided to do the bucket method for the first part of the season and if i can justify the expense then i will give him a call mid season.

Ray- Thanks for you email replys to the questions i had. they helped alot.---------Korey

RayGauthier
02-12-2006, 01:50 PM
canada
Start up is always on people's mind and yes it is something to think about $$$.
I started out with snow plowing , Roof clearing snow and ice monument that cost alot but I didn't pay myself for 2 years and put it all back into the company and it's paid for my 2 truck's ,plows, snowblower, trailer ,and pavement sealing equipment everything I need to do the job with out money out of my pocket.
It's all about your plan what do you want to do get "rich or growing"
I went with growing and I'm doing well now but not at the point of turning down job's but can start to pick what I want to do and when.

G.L. In Ont
02-12-2006, 10:05 PM
Hi Korey, the price I got included the 6x4 trailer - that's probably why. Looks like your price was the pump, tank, hose and reel -- and I assume the wand.

How many did u do last year and what were u charging?
Where in Ont are you?
GL

RayGauthier
02-13-2006, 07:38 PM
Hi There!!!
I did 75 homes last year in the Ottawa and Ottawa Valley area and with thing the way they are going look'en to do more than 100 this summer with word of mouth and repeat customer's, for price well it will play from .07c to .10c a square foot (this is just ball park prices) so if you live in an area like mine your average driveway is 20x75= 1500sq ft X .10c = $150.00 plus crack filling and extra's. There is good money in it but you have to do the leg work to find it. Allot of work will come to you as you are doing a job you can start one house and end up doing the hole street so as a tip start your first job lower just to get started and so people can see your work and get ready they will come "you build it they will come"
canada

G.L. In Ont
02-14-2006, 08:52 AM
Ray, great source of info - thank you.

How many do you think you could do - like as in maximum # of driveways -- perhaps 4 or 5 per day, 20-25 per week, 80 or so per month and then times 4 for the May, June, July, August -- that's 320.

So 320 * $150 = $48,000!!

Now clearly it's not nearly that easy right as I'm sure (as you say) getting the work takes the most effort.

How have you been advertising? Local paper? Flyers?

Take care, GL

keepoffthegrass
02-14-2006, 04:50 PM
Hi Korey, the price I got included the 6x4 trailer - that's probably why. Looks like your price was the pump, tank, hose and reel -- and I assume the wand.

How many did u do last year and what were u charging?
Where in Ont are you?
GL

That explains the price diff.

Im in windsor. I have only done one driveway because a neighbour asked. I charged him 200 for 1200 square feet so about 16.6 C a foot. but i also had to buy a broom and squigee just for his job so thats about 10 cents a foot i guess. I have to buy a new 36" mower so i think i will do a few bucket jobs during may an june then when i get out of school i'll have the money for that sprayer. there is an unlimited amount of driveways and lots down here in the windsor and surrounding area and i have never seen another sealing company yet so im sure if i price right i will get some good business. If i do this im going to get yard signs to put up at my job sites for a week or 2. I think that will bring in some business to. With me still being in school i can only service 35-40 lawn accounts so when summer comes i do all that in 2 days and that leaves me the rest of the week to get into this business.

canada canada

Where are you located Sequoia?

keepoffthegrass
02-14-2006, 04:56 PM
Ray, great source of info - thank you.

How many do you think you could do - like as in maximum # of driveways -- perhaps 4 or 5 per day, 20-25 per week, 80 or so per month and then times 4 for the May, June, July, August -- that's 320.

So 320 * $150 = $48,000!!

Now clearly it's not nearly that easy right as I'm sure (as you say) getting the work takes the most effort.

How have you been advertising? Local paper? Flyers?

Take care, GL

I think the same way! My hopes are sky high right now!:cool2:

Im thinking of targeting potential customers with doorhangers. That way I dont bother people with gravel and cement drives.

kirk brown
02-14-2006, 10:19 PM
I have to buy a new 36" mower so i think i will do a few bucket jobs during may an june

i`m in the same boat as you. I just bought my new 36" and the sprayer will have to wait till next spring.
guess i`m "bucketing it" for this year

keepoffthegrass
02-14-2006, 10:49 PM
Kirk, Amen to your signiture. Just got back from a snowmobile trip and i was just looking through pics of us spelling our names in the snow bank. canada canada

kirk brown
02-15-2006, 03:09 PM
it`s funny cuz it`s true.

G.L. In Ont
02-17-2006, 03:44 PM
Keepoff, I am in Newmarket, just north of Toronto.

Sounds like you've got a pretty good plan in mind - hope it goes well!

GL

RayGauthier
02-17-2006, 10:03 PM
Hi Guy's
Well looks like your getting.
Just be a people person and you will go far !!!
If you need flyer's or quotes pages just e mail me and I will send you what I use and you can fix them to fit your needs.
Have fun .
canada

keepoffthegrass
02-18-2006, 07:39 PM
Hi Guy's
Well looks like your getting.
Just be a people person and you will go far !!!
If you need flyer's or quotes pages just e mail me and I will send you what I use and you can fix them to fit your needs.
Have fun .
canada

Will keep that in mind. Thanks Ray

G.L. In Ont
02-19-2006, 03:27 PM
I'll take a copy of your Quote sheet and flyer if you have it in soft copy.

Take care, GL

keepoffthegrass
02-20-2006, 06:29 PM
While your at it. Could you send me a copy as well please.
Thanks. -------Korey

RayGauthier
02-23-2006, 08:47 PM
Hi guy's
Sorry I have not got back to you yet I have been very very busy this week I will try to send you what I am using this week-end
So just e mail me at
ray@gauthier-driveways.com
and I will send it to you it will just make it easier so all I have to do is reply!!!
:canadaflag:

G.L. In Ont
02-24-2006, 04:36 PM
Thanks Ray -- we can wait (at least I can).

We're expecting some snow here so I'll be out plowing most of the wknd.

Have a good one.

GL.

PS. Do you have a preferred engine type -- some sprayers I've looked at use Briggs & Stratton, some use Honda....

lampeslawnservice
03-05-2006, 03:54 PM
The hose on our units are 100 feet but we can add more if you like.
That black tank is steel and the material is circulated.
The cost of that unit plus a hose reel is $2900.00 Canadian.
If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to call our toll free number at 1-800-465-0024
Thank You

Can someone convert this to american please

rrr
03-05-2006, 04:24 PM
Wow this is a great system Ray .Think I'm going to purchase one of these systems. Looks like a great summer job for my 21yr son and a good way to generate cash flow for a new bussiness .

BTW I'm another cannuck.

RayGauthier
03-05-2006, 09:40 PM
It's what you put into it people for the first year they will not be breaking your door down but give it time for your name to get out it takes time. Have fun and be a people person take your time have it done right and clean you will keep your costumer coming back and your will have a steady income !!! Take before and after pictures for future costumers to show them your work have a clean truck and trailer if you can because that is what you are promoting "clean driveways and a new look to there home"

RayGauthier
03-05-2006, 09:46 PM
2 900 in Canadian funds is around 2 400 in U.S funds

RayGauthier
03-11-2006, 06:12 PM
http://www.gauthier-driveways.com/forum/

SealAndCoat
03-19-2006, 02:06 AM
DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!!!!!!!
I can't emphasize this enough
The setups offered by those companies are NOT professional setups, no matter what they tell you or try to market them as. They are mediocre setups that are every fly-by-night scam artists dream. They do not provide the constant agitation the material needs in order to suspend the silica sand aggregate in the mixture. The pumps on these units are also not designed for this type of use. I noticed somebody mentioned one of these setups go for about $4k. A very nice professional 500-700 gallon trailer unit can be had for about $13-14k... a 300 gallon can be had for about $12,000. These units are round, not square and offer constant hydraulic agitation. Seal coating tanks should NEVER be square. For around $6,000 you can get a basic hand agitated 200 gallon tank with an Emglo and Wilden Dual Diaphram Pump to spray the sealer. Do not waste your money on these types of plastic tote setups and square trailer units. They are not professional setups.

if you are serious about the business, go to www.seal-rite.com and request a catalog. These are the types of units and tanks that are professional-grade. Anything else is just a joke.

Sorry if i sound harsh but its true. I started my own seal coating company last year and plan on getting either a 500/550 or 700 gallon unit this year.

Yes, I started sealing out of 55 gallon drums and buckets, but, I ensured to mix the sealer with a drill and large paddle to ensure a uniform mix of sealer and sand. Recirculating the material in one of those totes or units will not provide the mix you need. A 55 gallon drum and drill is better. You can buy a cheap, used tank for not much money, just have to search the net and ebay.

PPClockworks
03-19-2006, 02:25 PM
I looked at your webpage of course your going to say that you don't want the competition these machines will give, and that is understandable. My dad alway said don't talk about someone till you've walked a mile in his shoes. So, I would say to you I do very good quality work and this machine has been and will keep being outstanding without question.

One added thing I have done 2 jobs here that were over 4000 gals of mixed material with this setup. Had a tanker set on the spot did both in one weekend and they were both happy and pleased with my work. Not wanted to start anything I just think people should know both sides.

RayGauthier
03-19-2006, 04:30 PM
We can type all day and change nobody idea on what they think!!!
All I can add is that my clients like my work, and my product lasts as long if not longer then my competitors work so till I have competition that is using something that can out do my work or out last it my set-up works for me.

I think we can argue this till we are blue in the face but it always can down to the client and what they think.
:dancing: :canadaflag:

SealAndCoat
03-20-2006, 08:45 AM
Since this is a lawn-oriented site, I'll try and use an analogy others might understand.

Sealcoating with one of these "plastic tote" type setups is like mowing the field at Yankee stadium with a Black and Decker 18" electric mower. Or one of those old school reel mowers with no motor.

Sure, it may get the job done, but is it going to do the same quality, professional looking job as a Scag, Exmark, or other premium mower? Most likely not.

I am not worried about the competition these machines give. They aren't competition. They can never provide the consistant agitation and even mix of sand in the sealer a real unit can. And eventually these things will break and these peoples customers will be calling me.

Customers don't know much about the technical specifications of sealer, tools, equipment, etc. used in seal coating. They are just happy because their driveway turned black. If you told them facts about sealer mix design, the consistant agitation that is required, the amount of water, etc. I bet they would think twice about hiring somebody using one of these units.

Sure, if you are just getting started, its a good way to get your food in the door into the business, but please, when you make some money or have enough work, get a real unit.

RayGauthier
03-29-2006, 08:50 PM
I have seen the unit that you are posting and up here in Canada I have still not seen anyone with it. Maybe you can change my mine if I would see my competition using it or I was the only company not using it.
Till competition is blowing me out of the water I will stay with what I know !
In no way do I post this to piss anyone off but in no way should someone call me unprofessional we offer a very good product and nothing but the best service for my costumers and I would never pull the wool over there eye's or did I ever have it pulled over mine!!!!!!!

SealAndCoat
03-29-2006, 10:44 PM
be a leader, not a follower. you should be the one your competition wants to catch up to, not the other way around.

keepoffthegrass
03-30-2006, 08:33 PM
How can you talk **** about this unit when you claim you have used drums, buckets and your "planning" on buying a big unit? I agree a lot of people on different forums and such talk poorly of these setups but all these people have NEVER used them. I have yet to hear 1 complaint from someone that uses square tank setup. Everyone I hear from with these have nothing but good things to say. Its not easy for us canadians to get one of those seal-right or starseal setups either. Theres alot of stuff to go through at customs and lots of taxs and duty when buying something like this from the states not to mention the drive time.:canadaflag:

cuttinjoe
03-31-2006, 06:12 AM
Hello fellow :canadaflag: . I plan on getting in to the sealing biz. part-time this year. A house builder we landscape for bought a sprayer unit a few yrs ago and stopped using it last year. He told me he'd sell it to me for $1000. I told him to consider it sold. I haven't seen it yet. I hope to get out to his place this weekend. The reason he stopped was because his son didn't want to do it anymore. I'll keep you up to date.

Ray- What special permits and such did you need to get for startup?

joeE
03-31-2006, 07:16 AM
Canada & gilsonite are out of my league, maybe Ray could help us out with this. If you are going to use gilsonite without sand, this system might work ok. From what I have read, it doesn't require much mixing. Its used so little in the states, I cant believe it is the standard in Canada, but I will research it
to see if Iam wrong. You need to research the different types of sealer in your area to be sure it is what you want to use.
Sealer is slippery when wet, you need a min of 3 lbs sand per gal to make a anti slip surface. I wouldn't want to be responsible for a little old lady slipping on a rainy day and breaking her hip. Nor would I want to get sued for the cost. If I do wind up in court, I dam sure wouldn't want to tell the judge that there is no sand in my sealer (but thats just me). In court, both parties will try to prove the other negligent, so who will it be, you or them. You could loose everything you own.
If you want to use cold tar & sand, here is a simple test you can do. Purchase a bucket of sealer, get the good stuff, make sure it has 3 lb sand per or add some. Mix it completely, now let it set for the weekend. Mix it on monday and see how hard that task is. If you still think it can be done in a square tank, buy one.
If you have done all your research, and you beleave that this system is right for you, buy it. No disrespect meant, but I wish all my competitors used a square tank. Many people have shared what they know with you. Now its time for you to make a dissension.
" I have yet to hear 1 complaint from someone that uses square tank setup".
No disrespect meant, but these guys don't even know what a proper mix is.......Yet.

Do you really think that 50,000 coaters all made the same mistake of spending thousands when they only needed to spend $995.?

Whatever you pick, I wish you good luck on your new business ! ! ! !

RayGauthier
04-01-2006, 09:58 AM
I really didn't think by starting this post I would have to defend myself and a industry standered here in Canada .
If you would like to have the BlackMac chemical break down you can try calling McAsphalt
http://www.mcasphalt.com/prod2.html
I am sure they will not give it up that easy but you can try !!!
I posted my set up to show what I am using and what works for me in no way did I make money off it it was just to show what I was using and to help out anyone who was trying to get in the industry up here in Canada this is the most popular way and set up. True there is probably better ways but I know this set up and it truly works for me and my clients and we are really happy with the end product !!!!!
Last week I went to New Jersey and picked up equipment from a two guy's I met on this web site and they both had bad comments about some people on this site and I responded by saying that I didn't have that the same thought's but my option is now changing. I didn't know that if you posted something on this site that you would under go a beating of posts that under mines you and your company and standered in your area :hammerhead:
So for other set up's well I will be dammed if I will drive 12 hrs fill up my tank just because someone thinks that I am some kind of "rip off arts" so really I guess you think that all Canadian seal coaters are Rip off art's maybe it is time to think that just maybe that the industry is changing and you don't have to spend a ton of money just to get in.

onahill
04-01-2006, 11:27 AM
[QUOTE=joeE][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="4"]Canada & gilsonite are out of my league, maybe Ray could help us out with this. If you are going to use gilsonite without sand,
I use gilsonite (oil based) on a few lots every year, right out of the 55gal drum, No mixing & No sand. The reason you don't see it used a lot is it is expensive whet compared to coal tar emulshion.

Sealer is slippery when wet, you need a min of 3 lbs sand per gal to make a anti slip surface. I wouldn't want to be responsible for a little old lady slipping on a rainy day and breaking her hip. Nor would I want to get sued for the cost. If I do wind up in court, I dam sure wouldn't want to tell the judge that there is no sand in my sealer (but thats just me). In court, both parties will try to prove the other negligent, so who will it be, you or them. You could loose everything you own. Set up your bissness as an LLC, and they will not be able to take every thing you own. I only add sand if it is in the specs for the bid.

If you want to use cold tar & sand, here is a simple test you can do. Purchase a bucket of sealer, get the good stuff, make sure it has 3 lb sand per or add some. Mix it completely, now let it set for the weekend. Mix it on monday and see how hard that task is. If you still think it can be done in a square tank, buy one.I agree with you on the square tanks. The round ones are better.

I have only used 55 gal drums and a round
seal-coat tank with mixer and a piston pump capable to pump the thickest of slurries.lol

" I have yet to hear 1 complaint from someone that uses square tank setup".
No disrespect meant, but these guys don't even know what a proper mix is.......Yet.There is no proper mix, as every one has there own idea what that is...

Do you really think that 50,000 coaters all made the same mistake of spending thousands when they only needed to spend $995.?
What is the price of two 55 gal drums and a couple of buckets? We still do some drives this way. I have a pump and some hose, just so I don't have to carry any more buckets.lol I don't like the spray wand for residential drives as there is to mush over spray that can get on the house, garage and the lawn. So we use a squeegee on them.

But if you want to start doing large lots get a big(round) tank and a sprayer.
Do Not buy your sealer in 5gal buckets, It is much cheaper to get it from the batch plant (your neighborhood asphalt plant)

SealAndCoat
04-05-2006, 10:06 PM
How can you talk **** about this unit when you claim you have used drums, buckets and your "planning" on buying a big unit? I agree a lot of people on different forums and such talk poorly of these setups but all these people have NEVER used them. I have yet to hear 1 complaint from someone that uses square tank setup. Everyone I hear from with these have nothing but good things to say. Its not easy for us canadians to get one of those seal-right or starseal setups either. Theres alot of stuff to go through at customs and lots of taxs and duty when buying something like this from the states not to mention the drive time.:canadaflag:

Yes I did start out with drums and buckets, the way a lot of big companies start out. Now its time to upgrade so I can create a better, premium mix of sealer and apply it by spray.

The point is simple: These units have no form of agitation for mixing sealer, and the pumps are not designed for sealer.

RayGauthier
04-06-2006, 10:31 AM
Yes I did start out with drums and buckets, the way a lot of big companies start out. Now its time to upgrade so I can create a better, premium mix of sealer and apply it by spray.

The point is simple: These units have no form of agitation for mixing sealer, and the pumps are not designed for sealer.
really!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.asphaltalliance.com/about.asp
sealandcoat you really talk alot about others. who died and made you king sealer you really have alot of options on guy's that you have never meet or seen what kind of end product they get you have knocked every post I have made calling and called me a HACK. I am sure you do good work but haw do you get off writing like you do and judging people . You seem to be a guy that forces your options on other's!!!!!!!! You have no idea on what happens here in Canada and what we do haw or even haw the sealer works but you still have the same "look at me I know all" you can type all you want and still not change my option on my set up and the product I am sealing with. I just hope you can open your mine just a little and read what other's can do for you and maybe you can lean a bite more on other's way of sealing.

RayGauthier
04-06-2006, 10:52 AM
http://www.jdkpavement.com/sealcoating.htm
http://www.innovativecompany.com/pdf/msds_basesealer.pdf
http://www.whyseal.com/drive.htm
http://www.masonpavementmarking.com/asphaltrepair.html
http://www.drivewayguys.ca/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=18&Itemid=45
http://www.cornellconstruction.ca/
http://www.mcasphalt.com/index.html
here are just a few I can find sealandcoat are they Hacks to !!!!!!!!!!!
They seem to do really good work and if you can see they are using the same set up as me and the product is Blackmac.
Just asking you to open your mined to see that your way is not the only one.

joeE
04-07-2006, 11:25 AM
How did we wind up debating square vs round on Rays page? I would like to clarify that my opinion of the "sq vs round" debate is about cold tar users, not gilsonite users. IF, someone is going to use gilsonite, that system of Rays looks pretty cost effective to me.
Ray, I apologize if my post # 51 caused you any hard feelings, my mistake.

RayGauthier
04-10-2006, 04:46 PM
I am not pissed at you joeE
Just a little mad with at SealandCoat and what he posted.
Maybe I could see it if we were going for that same contract or something but we are not in the same town or state not even in the same country and he can post on a product that I think he has never even seen or maybe ever heard about!!!!!!!!!! but I guess all Canadian sealers in Ontario are unprofessional
quote from SealandCoat
1. The setups offered by those companies are NOT professional setups, no matter what they tell you or try to market them as. They are mediocre setups that are every fly-by-night scam artists dream.
2. I'll try and use an analogy others might understand.
Sealcoating with one of these "plastic tote" type setups is like mowing the field at Yankee stadium with a Black and Decker 18" electric mower. Or one of those old school reel mowers with no motor.
3. That setup is not a professional and good way to apply sealer. There is no mixing, simply recirculating, which does very little.
Every post I make SealandCoat thinks he can call me unprofessional
I guess this site is really not what I need just trying to help other's and get some info on what other's are doing. I guess I should look for a site in Canada that seal with the same product that I do.

lloydwacket
04-10-2006, 11:17 PM
nice set up.
i do some part time but i`m still in the "using hand roller " stage.
i did some camping up at black bear beach in the summer.
it`s nice up there.

Nice to see an alice n chains fan. Their my top choice- huge layne fan. as soon as i saw the quote i knew who said it.

shepoutside
04-11-2006, 07:40 AM
Thanks for all the great info Ray!!! like you said, I have yet to see any of those units that S&C talks about around here either, so they can be all that.

PROCUT1
04-11-2006, 01:26 PM
Youre all debating apples and oranges. Here in the states Gilsonite or oil based sealer is not considered an actual blacktop sealer.

You will never see a commercial lot spec'd to use oilbased. The fact is that it does not last and certainly not for commercial lots. What protection is a thin oily substance without sand going to provide?

A properly mixed coal tar sealer is what is required around here if youre going to do this professionally. Very few people want an oily slippery shiny driveway.

For an oil sealer you dont need agitation so it dosent matter what shape the tank is. Most guys around here use an old 275 oil tank.

As far as oil based being more expensive thats true. BUT your coverage per gallon is between 6 and 10 TIMES the coverage of coal tar. So its actually MUCH MUCH cheaper to use oil.

RayGauthier
04-14-2006, 08:57 PM
My Ram truck and trailer went in today to be decal ed today get it back Sunday.
Can't wait I just been to busy this winter with snow plowing to get it done.
I'll post the pictures Monday
have a nice long week-end

juddburdon
04-15-2006, 08:06 AM
My Ram truck and trailer went in today to be decal ed today get it back Sunday.
Can't wait I just been to busy this winter with snow plowing to get it done.
I'll post the pictures Monday
have a nice long week-end

Hello Ray,

Looking forward to seeing your final sealcoating set up.

I remember when we put decals our 18 riggs and it really made a world of difference for the marketing of the business. As you know in the sealcoating business we do a fair share of driving around from job to job and with the decals and phone number on the truck it really is rolling advertisement. We get people calling the office daily who have seen the truck and want an estimate.

We have blue trucks with gold decals that say:

Imperial Asphalt Maintenance Inc.
Your Local Asphalt Maintenance Specialists
514-905-5994

That's all we have on the side of the trucks and it cost us $60 per truck. In other words the investment for the rolling advertisement was well worth the money :dancing: AND the trucks look a hell of a lot more professional.

We use our trucks strictly for work purposes so the sticker decals were our #1 choice.

We do however have a new 2005 GMC Sierra that has a magnet sign that we stick to the door and can remove it at any time for personal use. This is the sales truck. Obviously the truck and magnet sign still follow our business color theme (Blue truck and gold logo and company name).

Over the years we have also found that flat beds are more convenient for the business to access equipment and also so that the customers can see the equipment from their door step when either selling or doing the job. We and our clients find the flat beds to look more professional. We did have enclosed beds on the trucks for a few years when starting out but chose to remove them, sell them and get flat platforms installed. You can take a look at one of our trucks at http://www.asphaltkingdom.com/business-opportunity.html and at http://www.asphaltkingdom.com/business-in-a-box.html

One additional thing before we "Pound the Pavement" as the old saying goes.

Always remember this (an 82 year old man "John Thompson" was my very first client and said this).....

"Your customers are your bread and butter so don't be shy and ask them what they think about your business and improvements that can be made (equipment, sales, customer service, pricing, guarantees, etc.)

John Thompson's advice to me was to let our customer see the equipment that we are working with and show how organized the equipment is. This will show the client your sense of organization and therefore be that much more professional rather than have a bunch of equipment and hoses thrown into a closed bed of a truck.

We took his advice and grew the business to the next level which was installing 16 out of 18 trucks with 2 ton hot asphalt boxes. Now we look really professional and we hear about it daily from customer feedback :)

All the best to everyone and have a very Happy Easter! :waving:

RayGauthier
04-15-2006, 10:24 AM
About time we get back to the tread !!!!!!!!
From what I can see you use the same set up as myself.
what product are you using ?

I have one truck decaled and now getting the Ram done with the trailer can't wait to see it all I have seen is the layout on paper and computer.

AsphaltKingdom do you have a used melter for sale?
looking to set up a 2nd trailer !!

juddburdon
04-15-2006, 06:35 PM
About time we get back to the tread !!!!!!!!
From what I can see you use the same set up as myself.
what product are you using ?

I have one truck decaled and now getting the Ram done with the trailer can't wait to see it all I have seen is the layout on paper and computer.

AsphaltKingdom do you have a used melter for sale?
looking to set up a 2nd trailer !!

Hello Ray,

Presently applying both acrylic and oil based sealer. we have 12 oil based sealing riggs and 6 acryilic systems. When we sell we give the client the option and completely describe both products and their benefits so their is no missing information or over selling on a particular product.

We know about all the debating about oil based sealer Ray ;) Frankly if your honest with your clients and tell them exactly what it is and what it does and the client is happy paying for it then spray their driveway and collect your money and do their neighbours driveways too ;)

In regards to a used meltor we do not have any at this time that are for sale. They are all being used.

Are you looking for a 30 gallon or 10 gallon push meltor specifically?

I may know someone who has one.

All the best and again Happy Easter to everyone!

RayGauthier
04-15-2006, 11:07 PM
I am looking for a 10 gallon melter.
If you know of anyone looking to sell please e mail me !!!!!!!!!!

Just picked up my truck and trailer will post tomorrow I think they did a really good job with it.:cool2:

Thanks again

RayGauthier
04-16-2006, 09:40 AM

juddburdon
04-16-2006, 10:01 AM
Great work and get ready for rolling advertisment calls! :canadaflag:

Happy Easter!

RayGauthier
04-16-2006, 10:19 AM
Thanks judd !!!!

That's what I was going for "rolling advertisement" a big billboard.
I like my equipment to look nice and clean. I will post pictures of the inside when I am done with it. I am am still looking for a 4x8 diamond plate to finish my shelves.

shepoutside
04-16-2006, 10:29 AM
Very Very Wicked. Great Job !!!!! Looks awesum, sure it will make you well noticed !!

RayGauthier
04-16-2006, 10:35 AM
Thanks !!!!!!!!!!
I really like it to look's really nice and sharp.:cool2:

RayGauthier
04-16-2006, 11:20 AM

RayGauthier
04-16-2006, 11:22 AM

a few more with the two together.

shepoutside
04-16-2006, 05:42 PM
Very nice rig !! Can;t wait to see the inside, and how you have it laid out! BTW, I'm planning to get the 100 gallon tank, or maybe a 200, and was wondering how mush the tanks weight when full? Thanks in Advance for any help :)

RayGauthier
04-16-2006, 05:52 PM
I can't tell ya what the weight is I tried to find out but nobody could tell me I am going to have to fill my tank and bring it to the scales (I would really like to know to)
I'll post the inside when I'm done still looking for diamond plate at a good price. I am thinking about $200.00 for a 4x8.

If you find out the weight please post it!!!!!

RayGauthier
04-16-2006, 08:23 PM
Here is my old ford plow truckand Dodge
A little off topic sorry !!!!!!!!!

juddburdon
04-17-2006, 07:17 AM
I can't tell ya what the weight is I tried to find out but nobody could tell me I am going to have to fill my tank and bring it to the scales (I would really like to know to)
I'll post the inside when I'm done still looking for diamond plate at a good price. I am thinking about $200.00 for a 4x8.

If you find out the weight please post it!!!!!

Hey Guys and Gals,

The 100 gallon rectangular steel tank when full to the rim weighs 809lbs (oil based sealer) --- 796lbs when filled with acrylic sealer.

Hope this helps, :waving:

SealAndCoat
04-17-2006, 07:29 AM
sealer with sand weighs about 10.1lbs per gallon (coal tar)
plus the weight of your tank. :)

RayGauthier
04-17-2006, 09:19 AM
Hey Guys and Gals,

The 100 gallon rectangular steel tank when full to the rim weighs 809lbs (oil based sealer) --- 796lbs when filled with acrylic sealer.

Hope this helps, :waving:

Thanks I was looking for that number.

juddburdon
04-17-2006, 09:28 AM

Your very welcome Ray :)

Have a great day on the road!

:waving:

RayGauthier
04-17-2006, 09:32 AM
judd

If you find a used 10 gallon melter please e mail me!!!!!
thanks for the info I have to keep a watch on the load in the trailer.

shepoutside
04-17-2006, 02:05 PM
Thanks for the weight info !!!!! I needed that too !

RayGauthier
04-17-2006, 02:06 PM
would like to find used because it will be as a back up for now.
hope to find one in the next few weeks !!!!!!

RayGauthier
04-17-2006, 02:13 PM

juddburdon
04-17-2006, 03:02 PM
It sure looks better for a minimal investment :)

Also a big change as to that white stuff on the ground :clapping:

No more snow! Yes sir. Go for the gold.

All the best,

RayGauthier
05-08-2006, 06:46 PM
Well the season is started got in my first few homes in today and Wal mart called to have there parking lot lines painted !!!!
This season is starting with a bang.

SealAndCoat
05-08-2006, 10:46 PM
Biz has been good here too, lots of calls, but we are in for a week of rain, ARGH!

Hey just thought of something for you canadian seal coaters... check out Marathon Equipment, they are located in Canada so you can avoid teh customs thing http://www.marathonequipmentinc.com/ They have everything you need, melters, seal coating units, as well as otehr asphalt products.

shepoutside
05-09-2006, 04:24 PM
Wow, funny timing, I just got in the door from Marathon Equipment, Located in Burlington. Great store, and great help. They have a great selection, and can custom build stuff too. Quality stuff here folks !!!

RayGauthier
07-19-2006, 12:21 PM

:cool2:

RayGauthier
07-19-2006, 12:23 PM

RayGauthier
07-19-2006, 12:27 PM

had a really good week !!!!!!!!!!

shepoutside
07-19-2006, 06:55 PM
Looks good Ray !!!! Weather is looking in our fav, I've been very busy too, been a great year so far :) Keep up the good work :canadaflag:

P.S. Did you find a 10 gal melter, and if so, if you see another one for sale, let me know please. I need a back up now too thanks!!

SealAndCoat
07-19-2006, 10:24 PM
that looks way too slick with no sand. :(

Coater
07-19-2006, 11:06 PM
It looks slick because they are using Gilsonite an asphalt base sealer been around long time. Does not last!!!!! Is slick and does not protect asphalt from Gas, oil Etc. To be done correct it should be heated. These tanks I don't believe are heated so the material has to be thinned with a thinner. So you are spraying thinner on asphalt witch will soften Asphalt. If you want one of these they are easy to rig out your self for way less then what is mention here. I will tell you how. I'd like all of you to use one that way I'll get all the work! Maybe I should move to Canada!

Man I don't think I'd want to spray that stuff on those houses driveways. Takes some B@lls. That stuff takes a while to dry up. can just see black foot prints on white carpet!

Coater
07-19-2006, 11:21 PM
Well I went back and read some post. If this is what they want in :canadaflag: then I guess you got the right set up!

I do like how you have your truck & trailer Riged out , Very Nice.

There is one guy in my town that uses Gilsonite sealer he does drives and basements not to many drives now that I'm here though.

RayGauthier
07-26-2006, 04:55 PM
WoW really guy's do you ever have anything good to post other then trying to put other guy's down ?

Really !!!!!!!!!!!

good ahead and post some of your work so I can post something on it like your a hack or something !!!!!!!!

Really good thing there's no PM that looks at this because if there was I sure your posts would be dropped !!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for all or input it's just great

SealAndCoat
07-27-2006, 12:00 AM
I am only being mean because it looks shiney and slippery. :(

C'mon man, it's great that you have a business, but you are selling snake oil with no protection or long-term durability. You need to start using coal tar sealer.

Show me what your jobs look like after one winter.

shepoutside
07-27-2006, 11:07 PM
This same thing seems to come up in each thread. In My area, there is no one that seals with coal tar. I offer this service, but have only had 2 companies that want this ( in a town of 450,000+ ) and was cheaper to sub this out to a out of town, contractor. That is not common in our, or my area, but what I seal with is what is used 99% of everyone. The product I use is not shiny and it's not slippery either. I'm sure that there are area's that don't use all products too. Company, and a Condo, wanted this, as it last 4 years, and looks great. Most residential could not afford the extra cost, when they get 2-3 years, but for alot less. I was ready to buy a seal-rite rig, but the numbers won't support it. We all need to do, what our market allows. Now lets all play nice, and not base our responses on what happens in your home area, but have a open mind, and learn :)

JCP Crafts
07-28-2006, 02:04 AM
Ray your truck and trailer look great.I am really impressed at the before and after pictures you took,we rarely see pictures side by side of both at onr time.Also they match perfectly with the colors that you choose.
Now I have just read thru this entire post and now I have a couple questions to everyone about seal coating.
Barring the issue of yes sand will give a better traction than without.I would like to hear from both sides as to just how long typically their respective product lasts before needing to be resealed.also what are the price for each to the consumer ie: 10 x50 lot no sand costs ? and lasts ****and the same 10x50 lot with sand costs ?and lasts ****
I will admit I have only worked 1 time with any type of product and that was helping a friend do a driveway of their own with a 5x5 gallon buckets I am not sure of the product.I do know it was thick and took about 15 minutes of stirring.
It was in New Jersey,USA,and it still looked nice after 3 years of being down,I do not know when it needed to be resealed.
So let's hear both sides of the debate and be fair about it ....How much longer does the more expensive product last if at all ?
Ray this question could be moved if you like as I was not trying to hijack your thread ,but merely hear the debate in the same space it began in...Respectfully ,Jim
And best wishes to all because no matter which product you are using I learned with my one day of expiernce that it is hot ,physical,and dirty job.

JCP Crafts
07-28-2006, 02:21 AM
Btw....I noticed something in one of Ray's pictures....That may be a way of getting some "free" advertisement for all...In one of Ray's pictures the driveway is blocked with a white sawhorse versus the orange cones.
I was thinking that if you guys made ones that you could easily assemble and set up and break down quickly they would be better than cones in a few different ways.# 1 paint them nicely and put your buisness and phone number on them.Better than hanging a sign that flaps around in the wind. Also if a town says you can not place yard signs in a yard,well technically you have not.You placed a protective barrier across a driveway as I see it.May want to add some painted orange or red lines to make it realy a safety attention getter.Perhaps flags on the corners again with safety colors.And one final thought I can think of is for some if not all the paint to be flourescent so at night when lights shine on it people can still read it.Maybe put a pocket on the sign to hold fliers or buisness cards like the realators do.
Should be able to get a few days of "free" advertisment days out of it and around most ordinances that prevent placing signs in yards if you do it right.As the sawhorse was placed for a safety barrier and not an actual lawn sign.
I know I got a bit winded but seeing that sawhorse just said WOW lots of room to try something. Good Luck !

Coater
07-28-2006, 08:38 AM
shepoutside,
I realized after reading this long post that Gilsonite is the norm or that y'all are telling us it is the norm in Canada.
So nobody uses Coal Tar sealers there?
My base price on seal-coating has been the same for twenty years, and my jobs last four to five years before needing resealed (Maybe).I seen jobs seal with Gilsonite around here and I'll tell you they look bad within a year.

ChicagoSeal
07-28-2006, 11:09 PM

Oil, Acrylic?

I think he means coal tar, asphalt emulsion or gilsonite. The latter is not someting you should use.

And it depends on how much it is deluted (as sealcoat concentrate weighs more than water) and what the solid % is of your sealer.

It really depends on what brand/type you are using. Those numbers are within the ballpark of what your tank might weigh on any given day, but I wouldn't rely on them within 50-75 lbs.

Check with your distirbutor and ask them exactly how much the concentrate weighs.

ChicagoSeal
07-28-2006, 11:19 PM
/
Now I have just read thru this entire post and now I have a couple questions to everyone about seal coating.
Barring the issue of yes sand will give a better traction than without.I would like to hear from both sides as to just how long typically their respective product lasts before needing to be resealed.also what are the price for each to the consumer ie: 10 x50 lot no sand costs ? and lasts ****and the same 10x50 lot with sand costs ?and lasts ****
I will admit I have only worked 1 time with any type of product and that was helping a friend do a driveway of their own with a 5x5 gallon buckets I am not sure of the product.I do know it was thick and took about 15 minutes of stirring.
It was in New Jersey,USA,and it still looked nice after 3 years of being down,I do not know when it needed to be resealed.
So let's hear both sides of the debate and be fair about it ....How much longer does the more expensive product last if at all ?

It is not really any more expensive to put sand in your sealer. It's like 8 bucks for 100 lbs, putting in 4 lbs of sealcoat per gallon... that's 25 gallons of sealcoat with 4lbs of sand mixed in for 8 dollars. Your 50x10 example, say Ray was charging 80 bucks before to seal 500 sq. feet, now he charges 90 dollars. Not only that, but sand makes the sealcoat more durable and less likely to slip on. Plenty of people have been sued and lost A LOT of money bc they did not use sand (the manf. requires sand in sealer if you look at the specs of any decent sealcoat distributors).

As to your question of how long it will last. If what Ray is using is Gilsonite, the job won't even make it a year (with a Canadian winter). He could be using some sort of aggregate that shines it up, and using no sand will shine it up a bit more too, but without sand, a job with a rough winter will not last very long. A single seal driveway here in Chicago, with our rough winters, adding sand will last 2 years on average, 3 if it is sealed every 3 years (we offer double seals for driveways that aren't regularly sealcoated).

So to answer your question, that extra 8 dollars for a normal sized driveway will protect you from lawsuits, protect the customer from slipping, and make the product last at least another whole year, maybe longer.

Anybody that does not add sand in their sealer is no real sealcoater, just a scam-artist looking to turn quick money, not caring about putting out any sort of quality product or building any sort of reputation that he can stand behind.

If you don't know that you should be putting sand in your sealcoat, that's fine, just start doing it NOW. If your tank cannot mix sand, then empty the sealer into buckets, put the sand in the buckets and get a drill with a steel mixer and mix the sand in that way. If you cannot do that for some odd reason, at least mix it with a paint stick, it is better than NO SAND.

JCP Crafts
08-05-2006, 05:36 AM
Well......ChicagoSeal....you sold me.....sand is plenty cheap enough...if that alone will get you an extra year ,in my mind that seems the way to go by a long shot, and to slip or not slip,sounds like money well spent.
The other way sounds more like "painting".More so than a renovation.

ChicagoSeal
08-05-2006, 04:22 PM
Well......ChicagoSeal....you sold me.....sand is plenty cheap enough...if that alone will get you an extra year ,in my mind that seems the way to go by a long shot, and to slip or not slip,sounds like money well spent.
The other way sounds more like "painting".More so than a renovation.

You are absolutely correct. When I first started out, I worked for a couple of guys that were more excited about not having a boss than doing a job 100% correct. All they cared about was getting the check, and in turn they didn't get as much return business as they should have 2-4 years down the road.

I was searching the web awhile back when I first heard about sand in sealcoat, even though I had worked with two different companies for two years prior to this and considered myself a fairly good sealcoater.

The first time I used sand was on a friend's driveway that had never before been sealed, and right away I noticed a difference. After applying a second coat, it looks beautiful. It's been awhile since it has been sealed, and I have not been out to look at it lately, but from what he's told me it still is looking great.

In the end, there really is no reason not to use sand. If you can't afford an agitated tank and you're using buckets or a plastic box, well you can at least stir in the sand, preferably with a drill and a steel mixer, but anything with sand is better than no sand. And make sure you put a additives in there, it helps the sand stick to the sealer better.

PROCUT1
08-05-2006, 06:45 PM
I guess each area is different. Around here only the door to door scammers use oilbase or gilsonite and it does only last a few months. Here coal tar is king. Maybe in canada conditions are different.

shepoutside
08-06-2006, 12:52 AM
In my area, I sub out coal tar, and have done so twice, 1 condo and one factory. To be truthful, most parking lots in my city, don't even seal coat. It's strictly residential that coats, not commercial. I was planning to buy a coal tar rig, but just no interest here to justify it. I offer 3 types of sealing here. We just crack seal/stripe parking lots up here, none are sealed. Funny how things are in different areas. My area is 450,000 population. I haver tried to sell it, but the price difference is a hard sell, even if it lasts 4-5 years.

MJM
09-04-2006, 02:04 AM
Ray,
I just stumbled on this thread. Sorry to hijack but I hope you read this.

I noticed on your truck and trailer: Snow removal!

Things might be different in Canada, but wording can be very important!
Are you actually removing snow or PLOWING. Because if their is a huge storm and the lots you are plowing need snow REMOVED,your wording will require you to haul it away.

Hope this helps.

Mark

shepoutside
09-04-2006, 08:55 AM
Thinking he is removing the snow from the driveway/parking lot/sidewalk. Thats the normal wording around here too. Do like how some say plowing, and others ploughing. Seems you, south of the border spell it plow, so it get's split up here.

Pave_A_Lot
09-04-2006, 12:39 PM
What would you rather have on your driveway, a smooth, black, long lasting product with sand. or a blue slippery watered down poor quality product without? You be the judge.
Just do it the right way, customers know anything done right cost more money, If your getting $.10 sq ft. now using inferior product, You could be getting $.15-.20 a sq ft doing quality work.

After a season of quality work You will be recognized for doing so, 80% of home owners are looking for the best job so when they or somebody they know wants it "done right" they call you not the $.10 sq ft guy. so i'll say it again, don't be cheap, a 100lb bag of sand is $10.

shepoutside
09-04-2006, 08:25 PM
[QUOTE=Pave_A_Lot]What would you rather have on your driveway, a smooth, black, long lasting product with sand. or a blue slippery watered down poor quality product without? QUOTE]

Why dose one assume, that everyone dose this? Never seen a blue driveway:confused: Why not give the customer the choice? I offer 3 types, and I have never had a problem.

Star Seal SUPREME
Rubber product, rubber is added and blended at the plant, last 4-5 seasons, gas & oil proof, black satin look, fills minor cracks and small holes
Star Seal
Non rubber in product, last 3-4 seasons, gas & oil proof, materials is thinner than our Star Seal Supreme
Asphalt Base Sealer
Last 1-2 seasons, Gas & oil resistant, Shinny Look

3rd choice accounts for 90% of business, in my area.

SealAndCoat
09-07-2006, 05:23 AM
What if the customer in one house wants product A, but the guy next door wants C or D? Do you flush your tank out just to make 1 customer happy?

I just use the same, best mix I can make for all jobs. While it might be different from batch to batch, i always try to use the best mix design on all jobs.

shepoutside
09-07-2006, 05:28 PM
For now anyways, I sub out the top 2, as I don't have a huge call for this in my area. It's more cost effective to sub out this, to a out of town company. I get a few small orders, or large ones before I call them in. These are always large commercial, or condo's, and after I prep ( crack seal etc ) then they seal, then I finish up with pavement marking.

RayGauthier
12-22-2006, 04:29 PM
WOW I stopped coming to this site because of people calling people hacks and snake oil seller's and I guess it never stopped people still picking on each other. I when down to the U.S last year and picked up some equipment seen the difference between to two of them and really not to impressed with it and for the extra cost but I will not jump on that wagon to, But if guy's want to feel that by paying allot of money for a rig makes your product better go for it. My company is about making money and providing the product and service to my clients and they get the protection they are looking for !!!!! So really what is all the bitching for ? Hell if the guy's with the big expensive rig want to they can buy a rig like mine and offer both products and try to put me out of business.
I really done with this !!!!!!!!