PDA

View Full Version : Need some help?

qualitylawnmanagement
01-15-2006, 10:53 PM
I have around 25-30 accounts right and would like to add another 20 or so. What can I do, I will be doing signs in yards,phone book,and the news paper. Alos what are the people in ohio charging for landscaping an hour? Mine is 30hr and wondering if that is close to people in Ohio. The services I will be offering are Lawn Maintenance, Spring and Fall Clean Up, Snow-Removal/Salting, and Over Grown Property Maintenance. I'm bring in $2700.00a month and bout a $1000.00 profit and would like to be bring in about 4 or 5grand a month. I will be biding on a job that is around 8 acres of mowing and 30mins of trimming and my bid is $350.00 a mow is that fair? Am I low balling? I have a couple more arond here that I will be biding on like this. Also what is a good going rate in Ohio for snow-removal? Thank you for reading!

mike

BCFLawnLandscape
01-16-2006, 02:56 AM
I think somewhere around 60 an hr. for landscaping seems about right. As for snow removal anywhere between 90 and 110 an hr. At least that's what i've heard from other people in my area!

J Hisch
01-16-2006, 11:38 AM
Call all your customers and give them something if they can land you new business. (realative, co-worker, friend, neighbor etc.) cheap and the best way.

qualitylawnmanagement
01-16-2006, 01:59 PM
I think somewhere around 60 an hr. for landscaping seems about right. As for snow removal anywhere between 90 and 110 an hr. At least that's what i've heard from other people in my area!

Thanks man!

qualitylawnmanagement
01-16-2006, 02:00 PM
Call all your customers and give them something if they can land you new business. (realative, co-worker, friend, neighbor etc.) cheap and the best way.

That what I'm going to start doing a discount for more jobs that account brings in thanks.

rodfather
01-16-2006, 02:22 PM
easiest and quickest way to start is by asking for referrals

1MajorTom
01-16-2006, 02:51 PM
easiest and quickest way to start is by asking for referrals
I'm not sure that is the quickest way to get customers.
So say you have 20 customers, what it the likelihood that each of those 20 customers is going to tell 40 of their closest friends and family about a lawn care company. And then, out of those 40 closest friends and family, how many in all likelihood will need lawncare?
I do agree, customers gained by referrals are no doubt probaby the best customers to gain. I can look back over the 7 years we have been in business, and sure we had a good amount of referrals. But they trickle in, one here, another one 4 months later, and so and so on. I never saw it as a fast way to get customers though.

rodfather
01-16-2006, 02:55 PM
Quickest (what I meant Jodi) is he can begin immediately by sending out a letter or making a phone call to his present customers...it's not like drawing up flyers, postcards, brochures, having them printed, mailing them, waiting for return calls, etc.

1MajorTom
01-16-2006, 03:23 PM
ah ok, that explains it. I knew referrals work much better for an established business.
Since you say you want to gain 20 or so customers, you are going to have to get your name out there to as many people as you can. Phone book, signs, and newspapers are all good ways to get noticed. You might also consider selecting certain neighborhoods/plan of houses you would like to gain work in, and go door to door leaving a flier.

qualitylawnmanagement
01-16-2006, 03:41 PM
ah ok, that explains it. I knew referrals work much better for an established business.
Since you say you want to gain 20 or so customers, you are going to have to get your name out there to as many people as you can. Phone book, signs, and newspapers are all good ways to get noticed. You might also consider selecting certain neighborhoods/plan of houses you would like to gain work in, and go door to door leaving a flier.

Thanks for the info, Yea there is couple of good neighborhood that I'm going to get my name in. What % discount should I give to the customers who give me referrals that I get? I won't give them that discount till I get that other account, That way the person isn't trying to get free lawn-care and not end up getting that other account. I'm thinking bout getting my truck letter up, but don't know what to put on the truck. Also is that a good price for the eight acres for the property I listed above?

rodfather
01-16-2006, 04:12 PM
We don't offer a discount to those who refer others to us...people will think that is perpetual. Instead, offer them a one-time free mowing for those who sign a contract with you. We will also offer something to the new customer as well for coming on-board.

qualitylawnmanagement
01-16-2006, 04:25 PM
Thanks so I shouldn't offer a discount then?

rodfather
01-16-2006, 04:31 PM
send me a pm with your email address and I will send you a copy of our referral letter that we use each March/April

qualitylawnmanagement
01-16-2006, 04:36 PM
lawn-care-innovations@hotmail.com