PDA

View Full Version : Follow Up Calls

drsogr
01-15-2006, 10:52 PM
I have decided to not do any follow up calls on quotes this year. I am adopting this policy and letting my customers know that there will not be a follow up call when I do quotes. Last year I did do follow up calls occasionally, some people enjoyed me calling them, some thought I was being intrusive, and some were planning on calling me. I just feel that by adopting a policy for not doing a follow up call, customers won't feel threatened to buy and will call me when they are comfortable. I may send out a thank you postcard though.

What do you guys think? Has anyone tried this? Do you think my plan is doomed? This is on quotes for landscaping and sodding.

Thanks,
Derek

HOOLIE
01-16-2006, 12:46 AM
I like to follow up a few days after leaving the bid. A lot of people aren't home when I leave the bid, and I'm always surprised how many people didn't get it. Either it's still on the front door (so many people enter the house thru the garage, never even look at the door) or one of their kids brings it in and throws it somewhere.

The call doesn't have to be a 'hard sell' type call...just say "I'm following up on your bid...do you have any questions? My schedule is filling up, so I just wanted to see if you were still interested..." That sort of thing.

drsogr
01-16-2006, 09:32 AM
Yeah I have done that in the past, I just hate making the call. And most of the time I forget to make the call. I just figured if I adopted a policy of not calling I could get away from doing it.

HOOLIE
01-16-2006, 11:20 AM
I used to do some telemarketing back in the day, as they say, so I've always been comfortable trying to make a sale on the phone :p

I've just run into so many people that "didn't get the estimate" that I like to follow up to make sure.