PDA

View Full Version : LLC operating Agreement

mikefromny
01-16-2006, 10:53 AM
anybody have any of them (templates) or know how it works , ny ? any other states

mikefromny
01-16-2006, 01:06 PM
somebody gotta know what im talking about right?

rodfather
01-16-2006, 01:21 PM
I tried it a couple of years ago...waste of time IMO. How do you even know you want to be a LLC?

mikefromny
01-16-2006, 03:01 PM
hows it a waste of time? u need this to complete LLC , so thats what im trying to do and any HELPFUL information id appreciate

rodfather
01-16-2006, 03:08 PM
Are you talking about one of those "do it yourself" kits you can buy/get on the Internet for like 50 bucks or so?

Trinity Lawn Care, LLC
01-16-2006, 03:12 PM
Mikefromny, Are you a partnership or a sole proprietor? If you are a one person LLC you do not need an Operating Agreement.
If the LLC has more than one member than you do even if it is a spouse, friend, or relative. I am not sure about your specific operation, so I do not know if you need one or not. As far as a template goes, I am sorry I do not have one. My attorney does all of the business paper work of that nature for me. I am sure you can buy one online like Rodfather stated.

mikefromny
01-16-2006, 03:36 PM
i got all the LLC done articles of org. and all that stuff , i am a sole prop. so , i wouldnt need this in new york state or is that just new jerz

mikefromny
01-16-2006, 03:38 PM
rodfather i dont know im just looking to complete the process and this seems like the last step a operating agreement so i came here to see if i need it or what to do and so forth and so on , any 411 id appreciate alot thanks

rodfather
01-16-2006, 03:44 PM
Sorry, I am not a lawyer and don't know what the state of ny requires...I only know what the state of nj asked of me when I went LLC a number of years ago.

Trinity Lawn Care, LLC
01-16-2006, 03:47 PM
Mike the way I understand it from my attorney you will not need it for a sole proprietor. The way that he explained it is that you do not need an operating agreement to show how you are going to operate with yourself.

I am not 100% sure if this is a NJ thing, or an LLC thing. The way that I understood it to be is an LLC thing. I hope that this is helpful. I would probably get a 2nd opinion though. Like Rod said I am not an attorney, so I do not want to lead you done the wrong path.

sgallaher
01-16-2006, 05:18 PM
I incorporated through a company online at www.bizfilings.com The best state to incorporate in is Delaware. They have the best laws for corporations and most of the worlds major companies are incorporated in Delaware. You do not have to be located in the state either. For the basic formation cost about $200. Check it out.

rodfather
01-16-2006, 05:21 PM
I incorporated through a company online at www.bizfilings.com The best state to incorporate in is Delaware. They have the best laws for corporations and most of the worlds major companies are incorporated in Delaware. You do not have to be located in the state either. For the basic formation cost about $200. Check it out.

I started to use the same company like 3 years ago and it was a huge mistake.