PDA

View Full Version : Mulch Pricing

DreamBig:LiveBigger
01-16-2006, 02:05 PM
I was just wondering how you guys bid on mulch jobs. Do you just charge by the cubic yard? Or do you break it down in more detail? For example, for the edge do you charge by foot and by how much of an existing edge they have already. Basically what I'm asking for is there a specific formula you guys use for bidding mulching jobs or do you have something simple like, $65/yd. for easy, $75/yd. for moderate, and $85/yd. for hard. These numbers are just examples.

CLARK LAWN
01-16-2006, 04:49 PM
figure out how much entire job will cost and thats your bid if you start breaking it up people will want you do only do certian things like mulch but don't edge.our your hear things like mulch only cost $xx to buy and your chargeing that much. give them the price but don't tell them how many yards or how much per yard. same deal with edging you have to know how long it takes YOU to do it. you have to know how many feet you do per hour so you can bid it but don't show a price per foot on bid

paulge
01-16-2006, 05:20 PM
Check out this calculator: http://www.atstecks.com/mulch.htm

Jpocket
01-16-2006, 06:42 PM
I figure how many yards I need at $10 per yard. Then I figure how long it will take me, and charge about $50 per hour for myself. Two guys about $90 per hour.

sheshovel
01-16-2006, 07:15 PM
You gotta bid each job individually.One might need the mulch wheelbarrowed way away from where it can be dumped.The other might have lots of plants to work around,another might have a gate you have to remove to gain acsess to the areas needing mulch.
another may need the mulch in such a tiny area it is not worth your time to do it.You have to look at the job then go from there.Usually it can be anywhere from 35.00 a yard to 50.00 a yard depending on what your paying for the mulch..if you are delivering or the mulch supplier is delivering and if the mulch is bark or rock or straw your useing

The Cowboy
01-17-2006, 11:02 AM
You gotta bid each job individually.One might need the mulch wheelbarrowed way away from where it can be dumped.The other might have lots of plants to work around,another might have a gate you have to remove to gain acsess to the areas needing mulch.
another may need the mulch in such a tiny area it is not worth your time to do it.You have to look at the job then go from there.Usually it can be anywhere from 35.00 a yard to 50.00 a yard depending on what your paying for the mulch..if you are delivering or the mulch supplier is delivering and if the mulch is bark or rock or straw your useing

Now youre using your head. :p I agree 100% on the pricing too.

MMLawn
01-17-2006, 11:44 AM
Check out this calculator: http://www.atstecks.com/mulch.htm

GOOD GRIEF, I guess the calculator feature is nice if you don't have enough experience to figure it yourself, and I didn't look where they were but this companies prices are HIGH!!! I don't even pay but $16 a yard for custom dyed mulch..