PDA

View Full Version : tire sealants any good?

silage feeder
01-16-2006, 01:52 PM
galaxy king kong tires on my case 85xt keep leaking air around the
rim/bead seal in need of air every 7/10 days.
someone i know told me to get some airseal sealant and
pump in,he uses it on loading shovels and dumpers and is
well impressed. I'm told i need about 3litres/tire and can
be scooped out and used again.
Anyone got experience of this product?

ksss
01-17-2006, 01:56 AM
There is also a tire grease that the tire shop here puts aound my rims to stop that leaking. I have had the same issues with some Galaxy tires. How are you getting along with your 85XT?

silage feeder
01-17-2006, 02:54 PM
thanks for the reply going to try some of this sealant see how we get on. great tires over 800hours and good for another year i reckon.
Any idea of replacment cost and can they be retread?
As for the case absolutely brilliant machine bags of power and loads of lift for all my needs.
Jumping off my old bobcat with pedals the controls took some mastering not just the pattern but the feel of the steering aswell.
So very happy with the choice i made good reliable solid machine.
Not to much mention of case skids on this forum, how's the new case is it true case or have new holland got in to spoil it?
Lot of talk on bobcat and cat on here ,i don't know anyone around here that has a cat skidsteer.

GMUGNIER
01-19-2006, 01:51 PM
Try this link www.multi-seal.com I use this in all of my heavy equipment - Actually I have a 68,000lbs rubber tired excavator and filled the tires with the Armour Seal made by the company's website listed above, and I accidently ran over 5/8" Rebar - I didn't even lose 5lbs of air!! - If I can be of further assistance please let me know.

GMUGNIER

ksss
01-19-2006, 04:17 PM
Glad to hear your liking your 85XT. With 800 hours already, you have been busy. If you think your 85XT has power, jump in a 440, 450, or 465 (70XT, 90 or 95XT) and you'll be overly impressed. The 85XT pound for pound is the least powerful of larger skid steers. You need not worry about New Holland having anything to say about the CASE skid steers. They will share engines and some internal components as well as similiar instrumentation. However, everything that makes a CASE a CASE remains unchanged. The heavier frame, running gear, lift mechanism and control system is CASE. The two lines are 2 and 3 in marketshare. No one on either side is willing to change what they have. Your King Kong tires can be retreaded (at least here). WIth that extremely heavy casing (14 ply I believe) you can retread them several times as long as they are not too worn out or damaged. Those tires are expensive to buy new.