PDA

View Full Version : Takeuchi

qps
01-17-2006, 12:48 PM
Going to demo a TB145 and a TB53FR mini's, got in the cabs of both and I almost couldn't get out of the 53...couldn't without turning sideways......the 145 had more space but the shifting boom on the 53 looked sweet, dealer bringing them both over to demo within the next week or two...stay tuned....maybe I need to drop a few pounds???? go ahead squizz...let me have it:gunsfirin :p

Scag48
01-17-2006, 04:05 PM
I'm 205 and I have to turn somewhat sideways to get out of a 312C in a quick manner, so I don't think it's you. LOL. Takeuchi, from what I've heard, are excellent machines. I wasn't able to demo one because the closest dealer for us is 3 hours away. Are you still considering the 304CR? Keep us informed.

qps
01-17-2006, 04:21 PM
I'm 205 and I have to turn somewhat sideways to get out of a 312C in a quick manner, so I don't think it's you. LOL. Takeuchi, from what I've heard, are excellent machines. I wasn't able to demo one because the closest dealer for us is 3 hours away. Are you still considering the 304CR? Keep us informed.

Hey Cedric...how's school going???? between cat and takeuchi....I like my cat dealer but the case dealer is the takeuchi dealer also...support should be good from either here in the big city....the side shifing boom is sweet and the 53 is a maxi mini...12k machine...would be great for small demo jobs and line digging...I'll keep you informed...

qps
01-17-2006, 04:23 PM

oh yeah...6'2" 258lbs.....:dizzy:

Scag48
01-17-2006, 05:41 PM
School is going alright, finishing up my math this quarter. I'm also taking a publications class and Management 214, pretty interesting stuff.

UNISCAPER
01-17-2006, 11:52 PM
I'll tell you what i would like to see/hear. Instead of someone saying no cab room, lots of cab room, I would like to see measurements. I read here someone who had a Kubota mini X claiming more room than the 301.8 we have. So, I was curious. After dumping a load, I stopped at the Kubota dealer, took a tape and measued the floor area, area from the seat to the front of the cab, and distance from the seat top to the floor. There was an inch difference beween both machines, yet it was made to sound as though you could have a party in one cab compared to the next. This would give anyone an accurate comparison they could use. Face it. You're in mini X's, not grand ball rooms. They would not be called mini X unless size was compromized somewhere. In all honesty, I measured other larger Kubota machines. You want to know the difference between a big Kubota and a small one? 3-4 inches. Give me a foot and maybe I'll understand the difference, but 3-4 inches? Hardly noticable. I'm not trying to be compative here, just adding perspective.

qps
01-18-2006, 08:09 AM
That's true Bill, all mini's are.....mini's....I will say the cat cab with all the glass open or up seemed alittle more comfortable...as I'm sure the others do also....but with a size 13 shoe and a tall build it makes it alittle tricky, I've heard others talk about cab size and have yet to find anyone larger than the other, wouldn't want to sit in one to long with the knee angle it puts me in...but thats the trade off on the small machines. I'll quite whinning now about cab size:p

Squizzy246B
01-18-2006, 09:06 AM
Going to demo a TB145 and a TB53FR mini's, got in the cabs of both and I almost couldn't get out of the 53...couldn't without turning sideways......the 145 had more space but the shifting boom on the 53 looked sweet, dealer bringing them both over to demo within the next week or two...stay tuned....maybe I need to drop a few pounds???? go ahead squizz...let me have it:gunsfirin :p

Yeah yeah..Takeyourhoochies..there all over the place...doing a job on the other side of town at the moment and I must see a dozen in the morning going up the freeway. Must be good machines, just hope the durability is there:p . Can you find any owner/operators local that run them..see how they are holding up after a 1000 hrs?.

Hey (hows this for a subtle threadjack) ..I know Bill has the dingo trencher adapted to the 1.8 (and he still hasn't sent me the photos:rolleyes: ) ...but if you had the choice.......OK OK..I'll go start another thread somewhere:nono:

qps
01-19-2006, 09:00 PM
Salesman coming by in the morning:eek: ...Squizz sendpayup

ksss
01-20-2006, 03:40 PM
Whats the verdict?

qps
01-20-2006, 03:50 PM
Whats the verdict?

Way.....too high.....he quoted the 53 and the 145 for the same price 60k

Scag48
01-20-2006, 04:04 PM
Ouch. What's the next step?

qps
01-20-2006, 04:07 PM
Ouch. What's the next step?

I almost laughed in his face.....my cat dealer is coming over on Monday..wants to review his quote for the 304...at this point its a no brainer....looks like cat will win again!!!