PDA

View Full Version : slice seeder of choice

DUSTYCEDAR
01-17-2006, 01:11 PM
what is your slice seeder of choice for lawn renovation?
brand, size, etc....

cenlo
01-18-2006, 04:24 PM
I have the BillyGoat, vertislicer with the 5.5 hp Honda. Never tried a different machine. Works pretty good but it is a ball buster on any type of grade or on soft soil. Very time consuming.

FINN
01-29-2006, 12:20 PM
Dusty,

I used the Ryan Mattaway with great results last fall. It kicks azz unfortunatley it's a bear to operate and will kick your azz too. I did about 30k with it.

I have not tried but am told the lesco renovator is a good unit but not a slit seeder.

If I could find a slit seeder that work like the Ryan with out the beating I would grab it.

I'd like to see a slit seeder on a commercial walk behind mower platform with hydro. I don't expect I'd like to the price tag.

DUSTYCEDAR
01-29-2006, 12:22 PM
I'd like to see a slit seeder on a commercial walk behind mower platform with hydro
now there is an idea

NattyLawn
01-29-2006, 04:12 PM
FINN,

The Lesco Renovator is a slice seeder:
http://www.lesco.com/ProdCatalog/ProdCatalogNav.aspx?ProdGroupID=6&SKUGroupID=296

I think all the machines are beasts to handle. If the lawn is scalped down it seems to be a lot easier to use and less mess.

The mayor
01-29-2006, 05:50 PM
I have a classen. I guess it works ok. I wanted a turfco because it is self propelled and the seed drop would be more even. I never got a response from turfco on the overseeder.

The mayor
01-29-2006, 05:52 PM
I have a classen. I guess it works ok. I am sure there are better. I wanted a turfco because it is self propelled and the seed drop would be more even. I never got a response from turfco on the overseeder.

FINN
01-29-2006, 07:46 PM
FINN,

The Lesco Renovator is a slice seeder:
http://www.lesco.com/ProdCatalog/ProdCatalogNav.aspx?ProdGroupID=6&SKUGroupID=296

I think all the machines are beasts to handle. If the lawn is scalped down it seems to be a lot easier to use and less mess.

Natty,

I see what your sayin about the Lesco. I guess the real difference between the lesco and Ryan is the Ryan drops the seed in the slit and the lesco drops it just before. The Ryan disc's are beveled and the seed tubes "empty out" onto the beveled face of the disc. I might be wrong about the lesco. Just going by what i have been told. Does'nt really matter. I hear good things about the results you get with Lesco. That's what counts.

The bigger areas I did last fall with Ryan I can now do with compact tractor.

I tried to get people to scalp but you know how that goes. Actually had one guy do it and he went over board and "tore up" his mower deck. I felt bad but he was ok about it.

You're still welcome anytime to check the z out. If you have'nt seen one yet and still want to. I did'nt forget, just got busy with work then hunting season and soon to be work again.

TURF DOCTOR
01-29-2006, 07:57 PM
We run a lesco renovater we looked into the billygoat but wanted self propelled glad we made the choice it is so simple to run a breeze.

nocutting
02-07-2006, 12:46 PM
Dusty,

I used the Ryan Mattaway with great results last fall. It kicks azz unfortunatley it's a bear to operate and will kick your azz too. I did about 30k with it.

I have not tried but am told the lesco renovator is a good unit but not a slit seeder.

If I could find a slit seeder that work like the Ryan with out the beating I would grab it.

I'd like to see a slit seeder on a commercial walk behind mower platform with hydro. I don't expect I'd like to the price tag.
Hi Finn, the Lesco renovator is a self propelled Hydro, fully calibrated seed hopper holds 35lbs and doesent Beat You Up like the ryan also has power reverse.....has fixed blades that slice ans seed gets cut into the soil, also has a back brush that drags loose soil over the slice/seed bed.....most effient machine I've ever operatedpayup

cenlo
02-07-2006, 02:12 PM
We run a lesco renovater we looked into the billygoat but wanted self propelled glad we made the choice it is so simple to run a breeze.

What kind of price tag on the Lesco?

NattyLawn
02-07-2006, 09:53 PM
What kind of price tag on the Lesco?

In the link in my post it's 3200...

TURF DOCTOR
02-07-2006, 10:03 PM
They stated it was on sale for 2999 + uncle sam, it list for like 3299 this is simple to operate.