PDA

View Full Version : bedliners?

jrodgers
04-08-2001, 03:26 AM
Does anyone have any opinions on bedliners? How are the paint in ones or whatever they are as oppossed to the regular duraliner type? Also what kinds are good? Looking for one for my Silverado 2500hd.

steveair
04-08-2001, 08:37 AM
Hello,

I am still a fan of the already formed plastic liners, but have seen quite a few guys with the spray ons. The spray ons look nice, but I question how well they protect the truck when heavier objects are dropped in the bed, or what happens when something slides across and 'digs' into it.

I just purchased one for a 2500HD, went with a ALL STAR. Think it was around 190 installed. Has all the pockets for setting up wood slats in it and also the holes for the tie downs are cut out.

I prefer 'under the rail' liners, and then use aluminum bed rails for on top of the sides. The plastic bedliners that go over the rails seem to curl up over time and do not look quite as nice.

steveair

jrodgers
04-08-2001, 11:13 AM
Yeah I thought the same thing about the spray in ones. I got a price for a Penda liner and it was I think $289 or maybe $189 I forget. I would like to see a spray in one before I would even consider it. I dont know why Chevy cant just sell them as an option or something. Thanks. Oh where did you get yours, I am in South Jersey where is Morristown I have heard of it before, not to be confused with Moorestown.

racerdave
04-08-2001, 11:58 AM
Around my neck of the woods the spray-on liner is the one of choice. However, it is only as good as the outfit that applies it. We have 2 Rhino-Lining franchises, one will do your pick-up in about 4 hours,the takes 8 to 10 hours to do the same application. Guess which one lasts.

RTallday
04-08-2001, 08:30 PM
Go with the Rhyno Liner, thats the spray on one, and it lasts. It holds up great. Im doing my floors with it too. Its strong, but if you do it black, it gets hot to the touch in the summer. Have fun.

OBRYANMAINT
04-08-2001, 11:44 PM
the only problem with the plastic liners is that they hold moisture and salt underneath......just need to pull them out once a year or so clean out and oil spray then you do not have any corrosion

66Construction
04-09-2001, 01:18 AM
I like the plastic liner. It's easy to take out and clean, and if you screw it up you can slide it out and replace it. It also does a great job protecting the bed. I got mine an aftermarket not a GM liner for $150 I believe the GM went for around $300 from the dealer. I just don't like the idea of spraying in a liner, It just seems to permanent for me. Everything wears out and needs to be replaced, you can't just lide the spray on liner out and spray it again.
Casey

skyphoto
04-09-2001, 01:28 AM
If ya get the plastic be sure to read some of the post about filling a gas can in a truck bed with the plastic liner...I guess there is a chance of static electricity fromm scooting across the liner then POOF...I dont know if it is the same thing with a spray on liner or not.....I have the preformed plastic and love it!

Peace!

Chopper Lover
04-09-2001, 08:56 PM
I have plastic and believe it is better because it is less abrasive than the spray on style. If I have to shovel mulch out of the truck I found the shovel meets less resistance or if I have tree limbs in the back I have found they slide out easier at the dump.

You can rest assured that before I sell the truck I will consider a spray in liner to help cover any paint imperfections that may have accumulated over time.

Mark

summitgroundskeeping
04-17-2001, 07:20 PM
I have a roll on bed liner, and then I put a thick rubber mat on top of that. Works great. If I get a scratch in the rolled on liner I just go over it again.