PDA

View Full Version : Winter Stone work

MarcusLndscp
01-18-2006, 02:47 PM
Thought I'd share some work we've been doing since the end of this fall even though we've had freezing temps, rain, ice, snow, etc. A major part of being able to continue stone work is to be able to get your bases in prior to frost.

For some work you will see here we were able to pour concrete footings early this fall and simply tarp them. These locations we can open up and start at any point in time regardless of weather. Once we start them the areas are simply tented in and heated until completion.

Some walkways set on gravel and stonedust we're able to get away with simply using frost blankets every night.

These pics show a patio, perched beach area w/ walls, steps, and light boulder work we completed at the end of the fall. All this work was completed with the assistance of frost blankets at night. In the spring we will add to the boulder work, do plantings, irrigation, lighting and finish the site work/lawn. Some of the large rock you see in the wall pics was actually ledge we had to work around. The layout is not exactly what was planned for so because of it so we had to make adjustments to the design that I feel hindered the aesthetics of the finished product

MarcusLndscp
01-18-2006, 02:53 PM
Here are some essentials for true winter work

pic 1 a torch to keep rocks free from snow and ice

pic 2 a heater for inside tents

pics 3 tent systems of some sort - these cost $400 and take 2 guys 2-3 hours to build - once built they can be moved easily by hand and also can be split in two pieces to be transported on a truck/trailer if need be

pic 4 propane tanks that can easily be moved around site - note - always sets tanks on a pallet or something they won't freeze to

MarcusLndscp
01-18-2006, 02:58 PM
Pic 1 - A mortar mixing tent is a must for wet work. This was simply built out of staging, 2"x6" 's, some plywood, and re-enforced poly.

Pic 2 - a drum to hold water sits inside

Pic 3 - Your mixer, tub, and bags of mortar stay warm and dry...as do you

MarcusLndscp
01-18-2006, 03:02 PM
You should always try to keep your site and material you build with free of frost, ice, frozen dirt, excess amounts of water etc. Buy lots of STRONG tarps! Here are some rock piles and kind of a ledge/mountainside creation we're working on.

GreenMonster
01-18-2006, 03:08 PM
Those pics are making me cringe. Working in these conditions is a major league rip roaring pain in the azz.

don't you sometimes wonder Mark, if it's just as easy to wait until spring? Everything takes soooo much longer.

All that said, I'm starting a 55'x4' wall tomorrow with a small walk. Of course, after the downpours today, most of the snow will be gone, and we have warm temps through the weekend. It's a pro bono job for my in-laws too :rolleyes:

MarcusLndscp
01-18-2006, 03:09 PM
These pics show breezeways and entry areas that were made out of irregular bluestone and mortared in place over large concrete slabs we prepped for and poured. These areas were tented in and heated a few days prior to the start of them (to allow the concrete pad to warm up) until a few days after (to allow all mortar to set before it was untented to prevent freezing and moisture damage).

These were tented in using staging, reinforced poly, 2"x6" 's, and pieces of old carpet and insulation to prevent damage to the house where the tents met it

MarcusLndscp
01-18-2006, 03:10 PM
Hey buddy let me finish!!!!!:)

I'll explain the efforts in doing all this at the end

MarcusLndscp
01-18-2006, 03:15 PM
We did the driveway this fall with the assistance of blankets, tents, and alot of guys. Belgard. I believe it was in the range of 200-250 yards of fill that had to be excavated just for this area...all good gravel!

GreenMonster
01-18-2006, 03:18 PM
Hey buddy let me finish!!!!!:)

I'll explain the efforts in doing all this at the end

Well for crying out loud, how frikkin long are ya gonna be?!?! :D

MarcusLndscp
01-18-2006, 03:19 PM
First two pics of a double tented area where we're building a dry laid wall. Gotta set up your power supply for the tunes too!

Third pic a sample pillar being built on a concrete footing to be approved by homeowner

paponte
01-18-2006, 03:20 PM
You Are CrAzY!!! Your making me cold just looking at the pics!!. Nice work, but I am in hibernation mode this time of year. :dizzy:

MarcusLndscp
01-18-2006, 03:28 PM
Not stone work but here are some pics of some bed prep areas we did when we lost all our snow. Some but not all boulders were set (we ran out). Also a few pics of our compost/loam mix that had to be trucked on site prior to spring. They put weight limits on the roads and bridge coming onto this island in the spring so we had to get the material there for springtime. Drip edge was also roughed in some what w/ 3/4" crushed. Total yardage was probably 200+ yards of compost mix, and over 100 yards of 3/4" for drip edge and stone work related projects. All this is billable every month so it's good money coming in the door. Trucking kept a guy busy for some time and spreading some of the material and setting boulders kept another couple guys busy for a few days

MarcusLndscp
01-18-2006, 03:43 PM
One asks "Why go through all the effort"

Many reasons!

1 - it keeps guys busy through months that are typically slow. New England is not an easy area to live. Two options...keep your KEY guys employed or lay them off and risk losing them to someone else who will keep them busy. If I could not do this work for my boss....BYE BYE!!!:waving: :waving:

2 - Some customers are willing to pay for the extra effort, no problem. They just need to understand some days may be worse than others and that weather still plays a big factor in production. In summer months priority on construction sites is typically given to the builders so you can't work real easy and they have their own deadlines to get the damn place built. Remember, landscapers typically get the smallest budget and aren't allowed on site until the end of everyone elses work and we get in trouble for not meeting our deadline because Bob the builder was 3 months behind his schedule.

3 - Reputation - it's impressive to many people to see your guys out there in the worst conditions still performing quality work in a timely fashion. You all have seen the guy that runs when it's start sprinkling rain and heads to the bar or the guy that says it too cold yet isn't dressed appropriately. Most clients don't care if your nipples hurt cause of the temps, they want their job done!

4 - Why not? - Cash flow is important to a company with a large amount of overhead during winter months. Can you shave a little $$$ off for winter work? Sure as long as you don't screw yourself and do the job for free...remember reason #1 above

MarcusLndscp
01-18-2006, 03:57 PM
Okay Mark you may talk now I am done!

I posted this pic in another thread today but here it is again. It's taken from the site all this work is being done on. It was taken today

MarcusLndscp
01-18-2006, 03:59 PM
By the way....anybody else still doing hardscapes at all? If so lets see some pics on how you adapt this time of year. I don't want to see pics of your sunblock, sunglasses, or shorts SQUIZZY!

GreenMonster
01-18-2006, 04:06 PM
By the way....anybody else still doing hardscapes at all? If so lets see some pics on how you adapt this time of year. I don't want to see pics of your sunblock, sunglasses, or shorts SQUIZZY!

Hey Mark, like I said I'm starting one tomorrow, pro bono. I'd be pretty hesitant to start a paying job, unless it was T&M, or marked up enough that I know I'd be safe.

This wall was finished up early December. As you know, it was colder then than it is now. I don't have a lot of pics cuz the snow came and covered the work just before we were done.

For the most part, we dealt with the cold/frost with blankets, and as you mentioned, torches and salamanders to melt ice and snow off the blocks and caps.

Here's one pic of the wall almost finished. I'll start a different thread on this one. It really was a horrible job because of the weather.

GreenMonster
01-18-2006, 04:10 PM
I can see getting all set up like that on a BIG job like that, with a big company, but smaller guys like myself, banging out mostly $5-$10k jobs, less than a week on each site, that would be pretty difficult to do.

MarcusLndscp
01-18-2006, 04:33 PM
Agreed, about setting up for smaller jobs. Some of it though isn't much more cost if you think about it. When you're just using staging you already own, some old 2"x stock, and re-inforced poly (although that's a little pricey) it's not too bad. Also to heat an area that's small you can just use a small space heater or a heater like the one I showed attached to a cylinder like you have on your gas grill. You don't even need the mixing tent if it's a small job. To set up and enclose one of those areas where we did irregular flagging over concrete only took 2 guys about 1/2 of a day to do it. One thing I left out is we also sometimes hang a small fan to keep air circulating in the tents when the heat is on.

BTW is that the job where you had to dig out the old concrete wall that was buried with the dozer?

I thought you learned your lesson in Wolfeboro! You really shouldn't leave your job site so unorganized with your tools and equip all over the place. It looks very unprofessional! HAHAHAHAHAHA

MarcusLndscp
01-18-2006, 04:38 PM
Mark what do you put on the water's edge where the steps come down and onto the beach area? I see from the rise of your bottom step it will be raised with something. What will the state allow?

GreenMonster
01-18-2006, 04:44 PM
yeah, this is the one where all the concrete came out.

Unorganized??? Wha? Come on, that's good for me. All the tools are on the steps.... mostly, the ADS was in my way, so I hucked it in the lake, the gas jug is next to the propane heater. Organization and Safety is my middle name.. well, two middle names.... ah quit busting stones will ya?!

We just filled the whole area back in with fill that was taken out during excavation. I took out more than needed cuz we had a ramp from the other yard to the front of this one, and it was excavated with the skid steer. The bottom course, plus a few inches on the first riser are buried. State will allow you to add so many yards of sand per year, with a permit of course.

GreenMonster
01-18-2006, 04:46 PM
I thought you learned your lesson in Wolfeboro! You really shouldn't leave your job site so unorganized with your tools and equip all over the place. It looks very unprofessional! HAHAHAHAHAHA

Funny you mention that. I JUST finished updating my website with pics of that job. Of course, I took all the credit for the fine craftmanship :D

cgland
01-18-2006, 06:19 PM
Why don't you guys just call each other on the phone?:p

Chris

jreiff
01-18-2006, 06:30 PM
Marcus- You ever have any troubles with the finish product ever cracking and any other defects after taking the tent down and the patio being exposed to the cold air?

Do you bid all the tent set up time in the bid? What if you thought you were going ot have the job done before frost and cold weather?

How many guys do you still ahve going through the winter?

Drafto
01-18-2006, 06:50 PM
Why don't you guys just call each other on the phone?:p

Chris

Took the words right out of my mouth.

I must admit Chris, I am shocked you didn't post a pic of one of your jobs. Is this a record?

Dan

cgland
01-18-2006, 07:22 PM
The meek shall inherit the earth!

Chris

lawncare18
01-18-2006, 08:50 PM
greenmonster.. check your email.. keep up the good work..

mbella
01-18-2006, 09:17 PM

Marc, we are doing some small stuff. We have been lucky with regard to the weather. Currently, we are finishing two walls on either side of one of our customer's driveway. They are block walls that we are veneering with cultured stone. The only extra measure we have had to take is to cover everything at night.

BTW, thanks for posting the pics. I always enjoy looking at your work.

vntgrcr
01-18-2006, 10:07 PM
Hey Marcus, can you tell me how you cut/fit that flagstone so tightly? It looks great, have had this question for a while with no one able to answer it. Thanks

MarcusLndscp
01-18-2006, 11:15 PM
JREIFF - no problems with the mortar cracking or becoming damaged. That's the reason for the tents, heat, and leaving the tent up after the stonework is done for a period of time. If you did not heat your wet work the mortar would freeze before curing and would never be as strong. Yes the costs for the propane and extra time are billed to the customer. With some jobs if you already own the tents you really don't need to charge for them or the heaters or anything. Things like the propane they definitely get the bill.

Chris - you know Mark and I have a solid friendship and respect for eachother, you don't have to get jealous of our relationship. We all know that you and Mike have your frustrations with eachother. You guys have a love hate relationship and it is cute in a way but don't come on here getting all pizzy and jealous cause Mark and I can maintain a decent professional relationship. J/K :p :p :p

Mike - thank you for your compliments, sorry you have to deal with Chris so much :p

VNTGRCR - I can't take the credit for all of this work, there are a few of us in the company working on this job. The guys who laid the bluestone pictured use a grinder, cutoff saw, and hammers. I never use a cut off and only use a grinder when I have to, even then it is only to lightly score the piece to assure it will break where I want. A hammer, sledge and chisels are all you really need to work this stone.

MarcusLndscp
01-27-2006, 07:46 PM
MBella
Are you going to post some pics for us of these culture stone walls you have built? I'd be interested in seeing your finished results.
MarcusLndscp

mbella
01-27-2006, 10:15 PM
MBella
Are you going to post some pics for us of these culture stone walls you have built? I'd be interested in seeing your finished results.
MarcusLndscp

I'll post pics of one of them.:)

cgland
01-28-2006, 12:28 AM
Yeah! MIke! What are you waiting for?................................30x30 thermal pier caps or something? Please post a pic of each side so we can compare them for similarity's sake.:rolleyes:

Chris

MarcusLndscp
01-28-2006, 10:09 AM
Okay Mike....what did you do? You need to tell the story behind posting only one side and not the other..........................:rolleyes:

Squizzy246B
01-28-2006, 02:22 PM
Marcus....we have put a water tanker on site to keep the dust down, and I had to buy new hats for the guys so they didn't get sunburnt. Johnny is compaining that the A/C in the Kubota is not working too well...we start at 5 am and finish at 1.30 pm...its just too hot!.:)

MarcusLndscp
01-28-2006, 03:12 PM
You know Squizzy I thought I actually liked to hear your thoughts on here but you're starting to pizz me off!!! :p And you can tell that Johnny guy to......oh never mind I can't complain too much it's 50 degrees here today...a big heat wave. More snow coming sunday night through tuesday I guess. Time will tell. Pay for my flight to Australia for me and I'll work for you for free!!! Sound like a deal? I already got my shades on :cool:

sheshovel
01-28-2006, 04:17 PM
Whoa that's quite an offer Squizzy,I would take him up on it if I were you..One way ticket and he works for free?Ya can't beat that!!
.allthough I think he may just be trying to escape wedding plans!!
Thanks for the pics..very interesting ...I think your nuts!
Work looks really great as par usual for you guys.
As far as organized?
I was going to give a complement on how organized that wall job looked but diden't want anybody to getting a big head from it!Looks like you just said..hell I'll stop and take some picks.

GreenMonster
01-28-2006, 05:50 PM
I was going to give a complement on how organized that wall job looked but diden't want anybody to getting a big head from it!Looks like you just said..hell I'll stop and take some picks.

Mark? Organized? ha, I don't think so. Ask him who he has to thank for finding his brand new chisel he so irresponsibly buried under his wall base :D

MarcusLndscp
01-28-2006, 06:32 PM
I'm awful glad someone found that chisel for me. I was just having an awful day working with this real jerk....if I'd have lost that chisel I would have been outta there.
I'm a little confused with what you were saying SHeshovel about "hell...I'll just take some pics" or something like that. By the way, congrats on being famous. I saw your name in Turf magazine from some thread about women in the industry.

mbella
01-28-2006, 06:34 PM
Okay Mike....what did you do? You need to tell the story behind posting only one side and not the other..........................:rolleyes:

I had a sub on the job. He faced one wall and I did the other. Let's just say, his side is less than good.:)

sheshovel
01-28-2006, 06:39 PM
I was talking about GreenMonster's "hell I'll just take some pics"wall and organization.Maybe I got you guys mixed up again?What does mbella have to do with that wall pic by the lake?OK now you guys have me sooo confused again please explain.
AND..
Where?When?Did you see my name mentioned..New one on me..I had no idea it was...can you take a pic of where in the rag it was mentioned?Heck I don't even GET Turf mag!

mbella
01-28-2006, 06:49 PM
I was talking about GreenMonster's "hell I'll just take some pics"wall and organization.Maybe I got you guys mixed up again?What does mbella have to do with that wall pic by the lake?OK now you guys have me sooo confused again please explain.
AND..
Where?When?Did you see my name mentioned..New one on me..I had no idea it was...can you take a pic of where in the rag it was mentioned?Heck I don't even GET Turf mag!

Two different coversations going on here She. Try to keep up.:p

sheshovel
01-28-2006, 08:22 PM
Geeeze,I got lost on that one for sure..you guys are just too fast for me to keep up..I'm the only chick in this forum who at least TRIES to keep up with you guys though!Gotta hand me that !
MarcusLndscp PLeeze answer my post I am goin crazy now you said I was famous..I wanna see!!I don't believe you..your just messin with my ego aren't ya?

MarcusLndscp
01-28-2006, 08:37 PM
No I'm not messing with you....in turf mag they take threads and post one in each of their issues. They usually list the person by state so you would be California but someone called you out saying Sheshovel where are you then you responded so they listed you as California (Sheshovel)...send me your e-mail address and I will scan it and send it to you

mbella
01-28-2006, 08:50 PM
Geeeze,I got lost on that one for sure..you guys are just too fast for me to keep up..I'm the only chick in this forum who at least TRIES to keep up with you guys though!Gotta hand me that !
MarcusLndscp PLeeze answer my post I am goin crazy now you said I was famous..I wanna see!!I don't believe you..your just messin with my ego aren't ya?

There you go, using your gender as an excuse. Haven't you realized, we don't care!:laugh: :laugh:

Oh yeah, I think you're the ONLY chick in this forum. Doesn't mean crap without pics. Maybe then you can obtain some leverage. MAYBE!

cgland
01-28-2006, 10:03 PM
Mike don't forget about Lil' Hustler! And we've all seen pics of her!:(

Chris

mbella
01-28-2006, 10:24 PM
Mike don't forget about Lil' Hustler! And we've all seen pics of her!:(

Chris

My bad. I didn't realize she posted in this forum.

sheshovel
01-28-2006, 11:15 PM
Right at least I try to keep up intellectually without using my body....You've seen pics..just not that many is allbecause I believe in before pics remember?
AND most of my good rock work was done before I even got a PC or a digital camera..
I might be able to take a few pics of pics from my old camera pics but those aren't as detailed as you like mbella.
I am not a hardscaper..I do landscaping with a bit of hardscaping thrown in is all...you guys woulden't even call what I do now anything more than softscape.But I used to do some pretty good work.

MarcusLndscp
01-30-2006, 06:35 PM
opening up another stone job this coming monday. Project contains the following: chimney/fireplaces in house, beach front wall, veneer of foundation around house and garage, front entry landing w/ veneer around door, structural pillars for support of different over hangs/roof, bluestone staircase, etc etc. Beginning stages for a few days but once the job starts I'll post some before pics. FUN FUN FUN

cgland
01-30-2006, 11:17 PM
Braggart!

Chris

MarcusLndscp
03-12-2006, 03:51 PM
bringing this back to post more pics soon...........!!!!!!!

sheshovel
03-12-2006, 05:24 PM
So where are they?Slacking again?

MarcusLndscp
03-12-2006, 05:49 PM
Boy, you have no patience!!! :)

These are during pics and nothing real exciting as of yet.

The first is a wall that you saw in earlier pics that was under tents and was completed a month or so agao by one of our guys.

The second is a small portion of culture stone on a foundation of a large job we started a bit ago. There's somewhere along the lines of 700 SF of it on the whole house. Not all is done yet.

The third is a pad we poured on friday in preperation for a set of bluestone steps at the front entry of the same job. A slab was poured because the lower steps have to be removable to access the well head you see in the riser if there was to ever be a problem. All the steps will be supported with steel and block walls. I'll post detail pics of this process as we build them hopefully this next week.

The fourth is again the same job. One of our guys is building this. It has a regular wood fireplace you see in this pic and a gas fireplace on the other side. To the right of the wood fireplace will be a flat screen TV installed within the masonry above the mantle.

The fifth is again the same job. A lake front wall we started last week. Suprisingly frost wasn't too deep here as the sun hits it most of the day. The old wall will get ripped out after the bulk of the new wall is constructed.

I know these aren't much but I have to give a little to keep SheShovel satisfied.....such a needy woman!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: J/K

cgland
03-12-2006, 06:02 PM
looks great marcus! You guys ar sooo fancy up there that at first I thought you poured yourselves a porto-potty and were going to wet lay around it! LOL

Chris

MarcusLndscp
03-12-2006, 10:11 PM
LOL Chris

I'm actually very excited to build these steps for some reason. In order to remove the lower step we are leaving 2 slots to fit pallet forks under and then for each step above that we have to leave knock outs in the block work to install each of them. The top landing will be 13' by 4' and then 2 steps below that are 13' by 1' each. I guess I'm excited for them because they're going to have such a large impact on the entry way. Usually you don't get to build steps that big out of stone

Squizzy246B
03-13-2006, 07:24 AM
I'm suffering from heat exhaustion and you guys are building fireplaces!!!:confused: ;) .

I'm actually very excited to build these steps for some reason. In order to remove the lower step we are leaving 2 slots to fit pallet forks under and then for each step above that we have to leave knock outs in the block work to install each of them. The top landing will be 13' by 4' and then 2 steps below that are 13' by 1' each. I guess I'm excited for them because they're going to have such a large impact on the entry way. Usually you don't get to build steps that big out of stone

Why can't you use friction clamps like we do to grab the stone from the top???

sheshovel
03-13-2006, 10:29 AM
In the last pic..I don't like those teensie ones in there
looks cheezy.

cgland
03-13-2006, 08:02 PM
In the last pic..I don't like those teensie ones in there
looks cheezy.

Uh-Oh! Marcus is going to flip his lid! You DON"T give Marcus a hard time! Why do you think we never hear from Mbella anymore?

Chris

MarcusLndscp
03-13-2006, 09:08 PM
Squizzy there's a roof above this area so lifting too high will rip it off and I don't think the client would like that. :) These steps have to be installed with forks because of the roof. We like the cusion from the straps too, they don't scratch the material

SheSHovel.....I don't like you anymore! :) Don't worry bout them little ones...once the wall is done they will blend in just fine...you wait

sheshovel
03-14-2006, 01:13 AM
I will wait with baited breath...untell then tinsie tiny ones are:hammerhead:
Cheezy..Cheezy........ Cheeeeezyyyy!:dancing: :clapping:
I am not scared!!!!HA!:cool2:

sheshovel
03-14-2006, 01:17 AM
I will withhold my opinion on the fireplace work tell I see the job complete....No use in jumping the gun on that one.

Squizzy246B
03-14-2006, 04:57 AM
Squizzy there's a roof above this area so lifting too high will rip it off and I don't think the client would like that. :) These steps have to be installed with forks because of the roof. We like the cusion from the straps too, they don't scratch the material

Is that like having a tarp over your work area???.....just teasing She:). Marcus, we have a spreader bar that sits over the forks, with a swivel and the friction clamp hangs off that..about a foot below the forks. Our friction clamp is length adjustable and only grabs by the ends so 90% of the time the ends of a block aren't seen. Just a thought, may be easier to use and we often put rubber belting so we don't mark the stone.

SheSHovel.....I don't like you anymore! :) Don't worry bout them little ones...once the wall is done they will blend in just fine...you wait

You leave my umbrella twirler alone ya big bully

MarcusLndscp
03-14-2006, 07:02 PM
Squizzy let's see some pics of your device - it sounds ineteresting

Sheshovel, I was looking at the fireplace earlier in the week and I don't like how he has a bunch of small pieces under the hearth in front of the fireplace and the rest is large face stones....I would love to hear your thoughts though oh great one!!! :rolleyes:

sheshovel
03-16-2006, 02:14 PM
OK then here are my thoughts on the Fireplace

1over2
03-16-2006, 08:19 PM
Fireplace looks good, it will look even better when it's done.

GreenMonster
03-16-2006, 08:55 PM
I think the small stones look fine. it's a short step there, I don't think large stones would look as good - maybe one or two, but mostly small in this case is better

kootoomootoo
03-16-2006, 09:39 PM
Uh-Oh! Marcus is going to flip his lid! You DON"T give Marcus a hard time! Why do you think we never hear from Mbella anymore?

Chris

Why dont we hear from mbella anymore?

MarcusLndscp
03-16-2006, 10:47 PM
I like that SHeshovel......."starts a circle then ends abruptly"

No sh*t sherlock, that's cause it hits a darn wall :laugh:

sheshovel
03-17-2006, 12:26 AM
You asked me!You can't see where the flow of visual is lost?My red semi circle now I think that...oh it is too hard to explain.Don't tell me you cant see that?

cgland
03-17-2006, 10:40 AM
Why dont we hear from mbella anymore?

Mike is too good for us anymore!:cool2: He's Mr. Bigtime now.
Seriously, since he moved into his new office, he gets his work done there and when he gets home he really has no need to go on the computer. PLUS I called child services. because he was neglecting his kid.LOL:laugh:

Chris

MarcusLndscp
03-26-2006, 08:08 AM
Work continues....front entry blockwork is done and ready for the 7" thick bluestone steps. All the mesh is on around the front door and windows ready for the veneer work but we need the steps in place first. The top landing will be 13'x4' and each of the steps below that will be 13'x1'.

The fireplace on the first floor is complete all the way around minus being washed. No TV installed in it yet. This shows a quick view of the other side with the propane fireplace as well.

Our lake wall is almost done ......again we're waiting on our bluestone steps to install in the wall and build the returns going up them.

Right now two guys continue block work for the chimney up through the roof and the rets of us are working on veneer around the house. Only about 450SF left to go

Squizzy246B
03-26-2006, 09:11 AM
Well despite my reservations about your ability to control an excavator (underwater) I'd have to say that fireplace looks awesome. Great work.

Off topic ...is it just me that catches hell for doing work at everybody else's place and never getting my own place done?:confused: ;)

MarcusLndscp
03-26-2006, 05:32 PM
I'' let the guys know tomorrow that you approved Squizzy! So, did you ever get me a pic of your system of setting blocks? How are the temps down under by the way? It's been great here.....almost 50 for the next few days! Time to put the long underwear away :clapping:

Squizzy246B
03-26-2006, 05:48 PM
I'' let the guys know tomorrow that you approved Squizzy! So, did you ever get me a pic of your system of setting blocks? How are the temps down under by the way? It's been great here.....almost 50 for the next few days! Time to put the long underwear away :clapping:

OK..I'll get the pic's..I loaned the spreader bar to a mate.

50...50...!! we managed to get out out of the 100's for the last week, just nicely in the 80's.

str8linemowing
03-28-2006, 09:18 PM
Looks like great work.. my question is do u figure in the extra cost of materials and labor to set up these plastic tent rooms and blankets?? If not how much does it come out of your bottom line??