PDA

View Full Version : Mitsubishi fe hd

Planet Landscaping
01-18-2006, 10:56 PM
Anybody running 1?, Will be multi purpose hauler,light puller(Kubota) Run around laborers,and tools.Mulch and nursery runs ect. What aya think?

Planet Landscaping
01-21-2006, 01:31 PM
Any help from cabover owners would be helpfull:waving:

PROCUT1
01-21-2006, 02:21 PM
For the purposes you listed one would be great.... Very manueravable, great on fuel and can hold a lot of material.

Cons

Low gvw.... They can hold much more in volume than weight... DOT loves getting these trucks because people think because the have a 8 yard capacity that the truck can carry 8 yards...Most of these trucks are overloaded with a yard or two of topsoil.

Power...... One will pull your kubota fine all day long but with the 4cyl engine it will be a slow ride....Still not a reason not to get one..

I recommend getting an automatic, anyone can drive it and the standards require an abnormal amount of linkage maintenance and lube for some reason, plus the synchros have a tendency to fail, at least every mitsu that i have owned or seen....

Basically for mulch, mowers and an overall light volume hauler, they are great.

Just dont let the size fool you, they are LIGHT DUTY trucks.

I had a 2003 FG the 4wd model and liked it, the only main problem was the GVW, I could only legally put a one yard sander in it, which was rediculous for the size of the truck.

I recently acquired a 1993 FH 2wd with the six cylinder and air assist brakes..
This thng is a REAL TRUCK.... 10 times the power. We run a 10 ft v-plow and a fully loaded 5 yard sander and the truck begs for more..

Hope this helped

Planet Landscaping
01-21-2006, 09:02 PM
Thanx procut.

gene gls
01-21-2006, 11:22 PM
The 4 cyl,135-145 HP, is a flat lander truck. The wireing is a night mare if you run it in the winter. Salt juice corroads the connections very bad.

Gene