PDA

View Full Version : ***FYI: Gravely has updated their website***

jtkplc
01-18-2006, 11:05 PM
Gravely has the 2006 prices and models updated on there site. I just thought I'd let everyone know.

One interesting note, they offer the 27HP Daihatsu Diesel on the 252Z now.

Have a nice day...:waving:

jtkplc
01-23-2006, 06:39 PM
Now they have redesigned their site.

lawnmaniac883
01-23-2006, 07:55 PM
Yes, and their prices have gone ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ again :(

fishinpa
01-23-2006, 08:02 PM
I think it's a bit odd that they don't put msrp on the residental stuff like they do for the commercial equipment. That's the kind of stuff that makes me fell like I'm getting ripped off.

Runner
01-24-2006, 11:48 AM
What a POOR, POOR website. Their model numbers on their first page don't even coincide with their model numbers on their specs page. Alot of time time and effort went into this, probably just like it went into their design. :rolleyes:

Mowingman
01-24-2006, 01:18 PM
Yes, and their prices have gone ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ again :(
Name a brand of mower that has not had cost increases in the past year.

jtkplc
01-24-2006, 01:21 PM
What a POOR, POOR website. Their model numbers on their first page don't even coincide with their model numbers on their specs page. Alot of time time and effort went into this, probably just like it went into their design. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I haven't been impressed with the information provided on their website. Like you say, numbers don't match up, and I've found several errors in literature and also on the site, whether it's old engine options or what. If you're going to have a site, keep the information updated.

Mowingman
01-24-2006, 01:22 PM

Where do they not match? On the ZTR specs, you must realize that, for instance, the 260Z, is a "series" of machine. There are different models within the 260Z series. Same with the other ones shown on the main page.

Envy Lawn Service
01-24-2006, 11:32 PM
I agree, their website has always been sort of crappy.

brucec32
01-25-2006, 12:18 AM
It's ok. Better than many, worse than some. But in general I don't think any of these companies realize just how important it is to provide information on their products via a detailed website. I'm not sure why they seem to skip on photos and details.

Basically, you should start by thinking of any question a prospect might have and then answer it on the website via charts of specs and photos. Why? Because you save thousands of man-hours down the distribution chain answering repeated questions from individuals. Also, if you can see information on a mower and like it, you're a lot more likely to make a 45 min drive to a dealer you aren't near to check it out in person than if the machine is a total mystery to you and you figure you will probably not like it anyway.

Some sales types, however, are big believers in personal selling. They think that when a prospect calls a dealership for information, there is going to be some super salesman there to "capture" the sale, no matter what the product is. So they prefer not to give away too much information.

I think they're wrong. Especially when you consider the caliber of sales experience you're likely to get at some dealerships. Let's just say the best and brightest aren't leaving BMW dealerships to go sell mowers.

I asked a local dealer for information on the new 44" Phazer recently and was sent the specs on a 44" lazer HP (which isn't going to be made anymore!). I don't think he even knew what a phazer was. Must have thought I misspelled lazer.

jtkplc
01-25-2006, 08:42 AM
It's ok. Better than many, worse than some. But in general I don't think any of these companies realize just how important it is to provide information on their products via a detailed website. I'm not sure why they seem to skip on photos and details.

Basically, you should start by thinking of any question a prospect might have and then answer it on the website via charts of specs and photos. Why? Because you save thousands of man-hours down the distribution chain answering repeated questions from individuals. Also, if you can see information on a mower and like it, you're a lot more likely to make a 45 min drive to a dealer you aren't near to check it out in person than if the machine is a total mystery to you and you figure you will probably not like it anyway.

Some sales types, however, are big believers in personal selling. They think that when a prospect calls a dealership for information, there is going to be some super salesman there to "capture" the sale, no matter what the product is. So they prefer not to give away too much information.

I think they're wrong. Especially when you consider the caliber of sales experience you're likely to get at some dealerships. Let's just say the best and brightest aren't leaving BMW dealerships to go sell mowers.

I asked a local dealer for information on the new 44" Phazer recently and was sent the specs on a 44" lazer HP (which isn't going to be made anymore!). I don't think he even knew what a phazer was. Must have thought I misspelled lazer.

I couldn't agree with you more. I, too, think most websites lack valueable information and specs about their line that would be good to know at home while looking at equipment options instead of having to do to the dealer for it. I would much rather click around on the net and find out information than drive around and talk to dealers who are behind on information and have to ask others for the answers. Manufacturers need to realize the internet is the future, where more and more things will be getting done.

jtkplc
02-02-2006, 10:22 PM
Gravely has updated their site with the information on the X-Factor deck and what all is include with the XDZ package. http://www.gravely.com/gravely/products/zero-turn+mowers/xdz.asp

Envy Lawn Service
02-02-2006, 10:44 PM
I like the new mulch kit and discharge chute.

jtkplc
02-02-2006, 10:55 PM
Can anyone tell me how the larger diameter clutch sheave and idlers are going to effect performance? If they are making them larger, something else will have to be smaller right? Will this put any more strain on the engine? I don't understand all of the workings of a mower, like how the belts and pulley's all work out, so if someone could give me some answers that would be sweet...thanks...