PDA

View Full Version : gotta love those city folk

lawnboy82
04-08-2001, 01:53 PM
i got a call on friday after it had started raining to go look at this lady's lawn. i went there later in the afternoon and she brings out my flier pointing to what she wanted done. the lady lives in a house that is worth i would say 3/4 of a million dollars maybe a bit more maybe a bit less. so she wanted the lawn cut / fertilization / dethatching / aeration / top dressing... etc. the good ones are that she wanted a putting green installed on her property that is mostly shade from what i could tell for her kids. then on top of that if she had 20 trees on her property that were over 20" dbh that was a lot. so she wanted a tree maintenance program which i only list on there for my multimillionaire customers who have lots and lots of land. so i asked her if she was from the city and she said yes 3 years ago and she still hasnt gotten it yet. as much as i would have liked to do all that work i told her it was not necessary. you guys ever get people like that? who move from the city and want every last thing possible done to their property when they really dont need it.

Groundcover Solutions
04-08-2001, 10:03 PM
nope sorry don't have any customers like that. but it was a good story. know anything about topsoil rot?