PDA

View Full Version : enclosed trailer racks?

kotajack
01-19-2006, 06:12 PM
I realize this has been posted before but I was wondering if anyone might have a pic of the inside of their enclosed trailer, specifically racks for hand tools, shovels etc.. I realize that they do have racks for shovels etc... but I found them to be way too $ and they were not exactly what I was after. Currently we have two shelves running the width at the front of the trailer. We use this for back back blowers etc.. we also have some trimmer racks which work out ok. The problem lies with the rakes, shovels etc.. Any ideas?

riches139
01-19-2006, 07:24 PM
Two 2x4's run vertically, mounted on four blocks made from one end of one of the 2x4's. Screw blocks to 2x4's first then screw assembly to wall.
Screw large spring clamps (from home depot @ .99 each) vertically to the 2x4's. Total cost about 10.00 to 15.00 per set.

Insert one end of tool in clamp, reach over and insert other end in clamp in the second 2x4.

Holds all my tools very secure. :drinkup:

Made the same set up for my trimmers.

Sorry, no pics.

riches139
01-19-2006, 08:02 PM
Here is a half @ss drawing.

TURF DOCTOR
01-19-2006, 08:15 PM
Trimmer trap has a clip they sell for 6 bucks we screw these on the walls and shovels and others are easy to mount costly but worth every penny in my book, on the trimmers we take a 1 by 1 metal post we screw the bottom to the floor and the top to the ceiling joist this in turn gives room for the trimmer trap to be mounted this works.

rodfather
01-20-2006, 10:47 AM
check out Etrackstorage.com

tcls83
01-20-2006, 11:41 AM
Maybe ask a hardware store if they have some extra shovel hangers they use on their shelves laying around and offer them a little money for them, then get some peg board with some 2x2's behind it screw it into the inner wall of the trailer and hang them up that way? Maybe then put a small bungee at the end of it to keep it secure in the rack also. It sounds cheaper. ah, maybe it wont work. Just throwing in an idea.

Justcutitshort
01-20-2006, 11:52 AM
Sounds like a good system...