PDA

View Full Version : Questions On A 2005 F350 Dually

MMLawn
01-19-2006, 09:18 PM
Okay guys and gals. I don't "really" need another truck for the business, but have been thinking about getting my traveling crew a diesel instead of the gasser they use.

I have run across a great deal price wise (1/2 the new sticker) on a 2005 F350 Super Duty Crew Cab that only has 11,000 miles BUT it is a Dually and I don't really want a dually, but I guess with this truck and at this price I could alwasy add a gooseneck trailer or maybe add a 22' enclosed if I ever needed to.

Anyway, heres the questions:

1. It has the 6.0 diesel engine, but with it being a dually is that "really" enough for this truck?

2. Did the '05's have some of the problems with this engine that I have read the '03's and '04's did?

Thanks!

olderthandirt
01-19-2006, 09:27 PM
Okay guys and gals. I don't "really" need another truck for the business, but have been thinking about getting my traveling crew a diesel instead of the gasser they use.

I have run across a great deal price wise (1/2 the new sticker) on a 2005 F350 Super Duty Crew Cab that only has 11,000 miles BUT it is a Dually and I don't really want a dually, but I guess with this truck and at this price I could alwasy add a gooseneck trailer or maybe add a 22' enclosed if I ever needed to.

Anyway, heres the questions:

1. It has the 6.0 diesel engine, but with it being a dually is that "really" enough for this truck?

2. Did the '05's have some of the problems with this engine that I have read the '03's and '04's did?

Thanks!

I have an 05 dually with that engine and no complaints at all, except fuel milage could be better. I'm up t 10 mpg

Smalltimer1
01-19-2006, 09:57 PM
Mike,
The problems are pretty wide spread, there has been more than 1/2 a million of them made since '03. Have an OASIS report run on it, and if comes back clear buy it and don't look back. It still has the remainder of the 5yr./100k warranty on the engine.

The 6.0 has plenty of guts for that truck. It makes 75 more hp and 45lb. more tq. than the last '03 7.3, the 7.3 had plenty of guts for those older trucks back then too. Power won't be a problem for you.

Keys to keeping the 6.0 happy:

1. Get on that pedal HARD at least once a week to keep the EGR valve cleared. Sticking EGR's are probably the most common problem with this engine (I haven't had this problem though) but can be avoided by having 'fun runs' on the on ramp.

2. Run the severe service schedule (5000 miles) for oil and filter changes. As the oil gets more miles on it, the mileage will go down. I get anywhere from 18-20 when the oil is fresh and I take it easy on it, and it will get 16-18 towards the latter end of the interval.

3. Don't chip it. A chip is a direct ticket to voiding the warranty. There are some good chips for the 6.0, but for a work truck, keep it stock.

4. When in doubt, use the Tow/Haul mode on the transmission. If you aren't sure if you have enough of a load to justify using the Tow/Haul, use it anyway, it will prevent lugging which is bad for the engine and transmission. Make sure you are used to the way it operates in T/H mode. It scared me pretty good the first time I used it because there was so much difference between normal mode and Tow/Haul. I love this feature on my truck.

The first thing you should do is get that OASIS report. It will tell you everything you need to know about it.

ToroLandscaper
01-19-2006, 10:30 PM
Mike,
The problems are pretty wide spread, there has been more than 1/2 a million of them made since '03. Have an OASIS report run on it, and if comes back clear buy it and don't look back. It still has the remainder of the 5yr./100k warranty on the engine.

The 6.0 has plenty of guts for that truck. It makes 75 more hp and 45lb. more tq. than the last '03 7.3, the 7.3 had plenty of guts for those older trucks back then too. Power won't be a problem for you.

Keys to keeping the 6.0 happy:

1. Get on that pedal HARD at least once a week to keep the EGR valve cleared. Sticking EGR's are probably the most common problem with this engine (I haven't had this problem though) but can be avoided by having 'fun runs' on the on ramp.

2. Run the severe service schedule (5000 miles) for oil and filter changes. As the oil gets more miles on it, the mileage will go down. I get anywhere from 18-20 when the oil is fresh and I take it easy on it, and it will get 16-18 towards the latter end of the interval.

3. Don't chip it. A chip is a direct ticket to voiding the warranty. There are some good chips for the 6.0, but for a work truck, keep it stock.

4. When in doubt, use the Tow/Haul mode on the transmission. If you aren't sure if you have enough of a load to justify using the Tow/Haul, use it anyway, it will prevent lugging which is bad for the engine and transmission. Make sure you are used to the way it operates in T/H mode. It scared me pretty good the first time I used it because there was so much difference between normal mode and Tow/Haul. I love this feature on my truck.

The first thing you should do is get that OASIS report. It will tell you everything you need to know about it.

the load/over haul is just the over drive right?

MMLawn
01-19-2006, 10:54 PM
Dang that 10MPG sux Mac! That's one reason I thought about the diesel for this crew because the gasser is getting 10mpg and sometimes only 8 towing. The dude with the 6.0 told me he got about 15mpg?

Thanks guys. ST do you have a link for the Oasis Report? I was going to run a Carfax too. Guess I'll go drive it tomorrow then and if I like it run the reports on it and if they are clean buy it.

BTW, Mac.....can a borrow a little change... :laugh:

olderthandirt
01-20-2006, 01:05 AM
Dang that 10MPG sux Mac! That's one reason I thought about the diesel for this crew because the gasser is getting 10mpg and sometimes only 8 towing. The dude with the 6.0 told me he got about 15mpg?

Thanks guys. ST do you have a link for the Oasis Report? I was going to run a Carfax too. Guess I'll go drive it tomorrow then and if I like it run the reports on it and if they are clean buy it.

BTW, Mac.....can a borrow a little change... :laugh:

Sure Mike, come on over and just shake one of those money trees I planted payup best thing I ever did :waving:

BTW- the 10mpg is with 4:10 gears I think you can get 3:73 with out a limited slip and that probably would get you close to 15mpg and is all you would need in 99% of the work towing you would do + mines a 4x4 so I'm losing another gallon there.

Smalltimer1
01-20-2006, 10:47 AM
the load/over haul is just the over drive right?

No it is not an overdrive switch. It raises the shift points to around 2500rpms and also engages the compression braking feature, which if you have a good flash, is very aggressive and can stop almost anything.

The Torq-shift is actually a 6 speed transmission, just it doesn't use all 6 at the same time. Normal mode will go into the higher 5th gear for going around with no trailer or empty, and tow/haul will run that lower 5th so you can hold a gear better.

Smalltimer1
01-20-2006, 10:49 AM

Get the VIN off the left door jamb and take it to a Ford dealer you prefer and have them run the number through OASIS.

lawnjockey51
01-20-2006, 10:53 AM
1/2 the sticker for a 2005? That dealer should be shot ... Do you have his number?

MudslinginFX4
01-20-2006, 11:02 AM
Mike, power wise you shouldn't have a problem. I have an 05 f-250, 06 f350, and a 05 f450. The f450 is a dully with a landscape dump, and weighs more then a 350 dully. We pull trailers day in and day out loaded with mulch, skidsteer, etc... and have never had a problem with power. I really haven't had a problem with any of the trucks so to speak, I would buy another one if I need one.

MMLawn
01-20-2006, 11:15 AM
1/2 the sticker for a 2005? That dealer should be shot ... Do you have his number?

It's not at a dealer, it's a private sale, and he has a very immediate cash need as to the price.

Thanks guys for all the info!

lawnjockey51
01-20-2006, 11:23 AM
If For Any Reason You Should Pass This Up Please Call Me @ 804-928-2804 And Tell That Guy That You Have A Buyer.

captken
01-20-2006, 12:11 PM
It's not at a dealer, it's a private sale, and he has a very immediate cash need as to the price.

Thanks guys for all the info!

He may be trying to dump that puppy.....

get the facts straight. For information on Ford diesel trucks go here : www.dieselstop.com

There are forums dedicatedly to the 6.0 Navistar "Powerstroke" engine.

There are pros and cons. However:

The 6.0 has "issues" and is being discontinued. Ford has since canceled their contract with Navistar because of problems with the engine.

Ford is exhausting the current supply of the 6.0s with the 2006 model year. You can find out when on www.dieselstop.com the trucks will fitted with the new 6.4 in a mid model year change....

There is much speculation on the diesel stop website in regards to the resale value of the 6.0s once the 6.4 is in production.

Ford has spent millions buying back the 6.0 vehicles from customers, I belive I saw a figure somewhere in the neighborhood of 50,000,000. 50 Mil...! and compensated International [Navistar] to the tune of 70,000,000 70Mil....! just to get out of the contract....

Ford wants no more of the 6.0 and the damage it has caused them...

lawnjockey51
01-20-2006, 12:24 PM
Like I said, dump it my way ...

If he had that much of a problem with his $55,000 2005 truck he certainly would be duking it out with Ford and not willing to roll over and take a $25k hit on his investment. Would you?

captken
01-20-2006, 12:31 PM
www.ohiolemonlaw.com/safety-recall-11.shtml

That was just one website that bounced back when I Googled "ford buy back 6.0 diesel"

I am glad that I bought a 7.3 F-350.

Smalltimer1
01-20-2006, 12:59 PM
He may be trying to dump that puppy.....

get the facts straight. For information on Ford diesel trucks go here : www.dieselstop.com

There are forums dedicatedly to the 6.0 Navistar "Powerstroke" engine.

There are pros and cons. However:

The 6.0 has "issues" and is being discontinued. Ford has since canceled their contract with Navistar because of problems with the engine.

Incorrect. The 6.0 is being discontinued because its simply not big enough to keep up in the hp/tq. wars. The problems affected less than 2% of all the trucks sold.

The Navistar contract is still standing. There are no plans to drop them as the supplier, who else is there to make one? Cat and JD have already stated they have no interest in the pickup market.

Ford is exhausting the current supply of the 6.0s with the 2006 model year. You can find out when on www.dieselstop.com the trucks will fitted with the new 6.4 in a mid model year change....

The 6.4 Navistar won't be out until Ultra low sulfur diesel fuel is readily available which won't be happening this year. The 6.0 will definitely be in production until Nov. of this year at the least.

There is much speculation on the diesel stop website in regards to the resale value of the 6.0s once the 6.4 is in production.

The only ones that will have a problem with resale will be the '03's.

Ford has spent millions buying back the 6.0 vehicles from customers, I belive I saw a figure somewhere in the neighborhood of 50,000,000. 50 Mil...! and compensated International [Navistar] to the tune of 70,000,000 70Mil....! just to get out of the contract....

Ford wants no more of the 6.0 and the damage it has caused them...

Ford is not leaving Navistar. Please review your facts or provide credible support. Hearsay is just that.

Lots of stuff has been talked about on the Diesel Stop and most of it is BS.

Smalltimer1
01-20-2006, 01:02 PM
www.ohiolemonlaw.com/safety-recall-11.shtml

That was just one website that bounced back when I Googled "ford buy back 6.0 diesel"

I am glad that I bought a 7.3 F-350.

More 7.3 nay-sayer propaganda......some 6.0 engines had problems, not all. Mine is a prime example. Mine's a 10/03 build date '04 MY. No problems whatsoever except not being able to keep my foot out of it.

captken
01-20-2006, 02:37 PM
7.3 F 350 flatbed.

Ford has had issues with the 6.0 diesel.http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20040301/SUB/403010743&SearchID=73233148474573http://www.autosafety.org/article.php?scid=37&did=1195

captken
01-20-2006, 02:41 PM
http://www.autosafety.org/article.php?scid=37&did=1195

captken
01-20-2006, 02:57 PM
good information here http://www.intellidog.com/dieselmann/home.html

I spend more time foraging diesel websites looking for "tips and tricks" and gathering the information for my diesel now that we are in Winter.

I have started a ringed binder that features stuff that intrest me about my truck.

here is an interesting link for inquiring minds: www.fordcds.com/

Smalltimer1
01-20-2006, 08:18 PM
7.3 F 350 flatbed.

Ford has had issues with the 6.0 diesel.http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20040301/SUB/403010743&SearchID=73233148474573http://www.autosafety.org/article.php?scid=37&did=1195

Yes everyone knows some 6.0's had problems, not all of them though.

I bet if you surveyed all the 6.0 owners out there, less than 5% would be dissatisfied with the engine. Now let's return to the topic at hand.

Anyway, to keep this on topic, an OASIS report will tell a potential buyer everything they need to know about the truck.

MMLawn
01-20-2006, 08:37 PM
Thanks for all the input guys! You too Capt as I did read those links. It seems to me that the biggest majority of problems were with the '03's and '04's not the late model '05's. I have also OASISED and CARFAXED and everything was clear and fine. and there is still 25K miles left on the bumper to bumper warranty and 40K on the engine warranty...so guess what I decided : payup:

kc2006
01-20-2006, 09:17 PM
Wheres lawnworks to tell us we're all stupid and need to buy a dodge? :D

Mike, good luck with the truck, I'm a...or was a diehard chevy guy but after getting my 96 powerstroke I can honestly say ford builds a good truck. This year I'll be looking into a new ford truck again probably.

captken
01-20-2006, 10:44 PM
Thanks for all the input guys! You too Capt as I did read those links. It seems to me that the biggest majority of problems were with the '03's and '04's not the late model '05's. I have also OASISED and CARFAXED and everything was clear and fine. and there is still 25K miles left on the bumper to bumper warranty and 40K on the engine warranty...

And I truly did not intend to ruffle anyones feathers...kenny:waving:

there is one other thing....concerns warranty. Read this interesting thread on diesel site about engine hours affecting warranty claims. Poster FordSvcMgr gives us insight on how Ford dealerships are required to handle warranty claims.

Makes for good reading. Hour meter....Who knew?
Good luck in your purchase.http://forums.thedieselstop.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2361634&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&fpart=1&vc=1

Smalltimer1
01-20-2006, 10:53 PM
Go for it......and don't look back. You'll be glad you did.:cool:

Lawnworks
01-21-2006, 01:37 AM
Wheres lawnworks to tell us we're all stupid and need to buy a dodge? :D

If everybody had Cummins, I wouldn't be able to whoop up on so many Fords!!:laugh:

Smalltimer1
01-21-2006, 09:52 AM
If everybody had Cummins, I wouldn't be able to whoop up on so many Fords!!:laugh:

If we all had a Cummins the roadsides would be littered with fried transmissions...:p

Job security is being a Dodge tech.payup :drinkup:

captken
01-21-2006, 11:15 AM
Click this link for the 2006 Ford 7.3 Powerstroke. No 6.0 here...http://www.ford.com.au/range/fseries4x4/models/

They didn't mess with a good thing...

Lawnworks
01-21-2006, 11:19 AM
If we all had a Cummins the roadsides would be littered with fried transmissions...:p

And the 6.0s are keeping the Ford mechanics swamped!!

Smalltimer1
01-21-2006, 11:55 PM
And the 6.0s are keeping the Ford mechanics swamped!!

Nope. Less than 3% of them sold have had the problems. Mostly things like sticking EGR valves (due to driving too easy on them) and petty things like wiring harness chafing.

Most of the other problems are due to operator error, such as not letting the turbo cool down after a hard run by idling to pump cool oil through the bearings and all.

My 6.0 has only been in the shop once....for an oil change since it was raining outside that day.

Lawnworks
01-22-2006, 01:02 AM
My 6.0 has only been in the shop once....for an oil change since it was raining outside that day.

I knew you didn't know how to work on a diesel!!:p

twj721
01-22-2006, 01:22 AM
No it is not an overdrive switch. It raises the shift points to around 2500rpms and also engages the compression braking feature, which if you have a good flash, is very aggressive and can stop almost anything.

The Torq-shift is actually a 6 speed transmission, just it doesn't use all 6 at the same time. Normal mode will go into the higher 5th gear for going around with no trailer or empty, and tow/haul will run that lower 5th so you can hold a gear better.

I am wanting to get a

twj721
01-22-2006, 01:27 AM

I am wanting to get a GEAR VENDOR OVERDRIVE UNIT for my 04 F250 this would lower my rpms at 70 MPH from about 2,00 rpms to about 1500 RPMs but my wife is shaking her head NO F----- WAY as the installed price out the door is about $3800.00 so I have no choice but to wait and save cash till I have it saved up

Smalltimer1
01-22-2006, 10:31 AM
I knew you didn't know how to work on a diesel!!:p

It was sunny last weekend so I did the oil change in the driveway myself. I'm sure you know so much about diesels you could solve all the worlds problems right? Right.....:nono:

Why put yourself through a hassle when you don't have to?

Must be that dodge-boy way of thinking......dodging common sense.:dizzy:

Lawnworks
01-22-2006, 01:34 PM
It was sunny last weekend so I did the oil change in the driveway myself. I'm sure you know so much about diesels you could solve all the worlds problems right? Right.....:nono:

Why put yourself through a hassle when you don't have to?

Must be that dodge-boy way of thinking......dodging common sense.:dizzy:

No no no we don't dodge the work!! It seems like everytime I let someone else change my oil, they put the plug in w/ an air gun!

AtoZ
01-22-2006, 04:25 PM
I can't comment on the 2005 F-350 because I own a 2003 F-550 6.0 Powerstroke. It weighs in @ 11,500 lbs empty and I average about 10 Mpg. With the truck loaded and trailer loaded I weigh about 32,000 lbs. Then I get about 6-7 Mpg.

This is by far the Best/Fastest/Reliable light duty dump I have ever owned. I would buy another F-550/6.0 Powerstroke truck in a second!!!

Travel'n Trees
01-22-2006, 05:32 PM
Yes you can always get a good deal on a FORD and their is a good reason why I could have bought a brand new crew cab 4x4 GM 6500 for what I have lost on a FORD under warranty, I was trying to expand my business it has cost me business FORD laughs and says we are fixing it again aren't we pay us another $100 and give the tow guy a couple more hundred every time you drive it and we will try to come up with reasons why this truck won't be covered under warranty. They did this with my last 6 FORDS, I thought boy go get them on A-plan. Power if you want to work it, my wife's escaladewith 23's will pull a trailer better, take a word from someone who has wasted a lot of money this year on FORD's. Buy a Dodge or a duramax the last is my favorite one I have. If you buy a Ford remember diesels are not repaired all dealers, I have been to 4 across the U.S. and have tow bills to show me having to tow it to a preferred dealer. Also my dealer and zone rep said if we use ours around dirt,dust,rock or mulch our warranty would automatically be voided in F-550 4x4 dealer installed crew cab dump truck. And watch the TSD's on the FORD'S. And exhaust gas tempatures, on these will tear themselves apart.

ksss
01-22-2006, 07:45 PM
The heavy pickup market belonged to Ford and it was theirs to lose. GM and Dodge had nothing to offer prior to 01'. Had Ford brought a better transmission earlier and spent some R&D on the 6.0 before releasing it, they could have kept GM specifically at bay. Oldtimer your kidding yourself to think only 3% of 6.0's have had problems. Now the GM trucks have continued to improve (the LLY motor was more of a stand still) and Ford will be starting over with a different engine or significantly reworked and all the issues that go with a new design. The 6.0 has certainly cost Ford market share. GM's portion of the diesel market was 5% in 2000. Now it is 35% where do you think those buyers came from? A large majority are from disgruntled former Ford owners.

AtoZ
01-23-2006, 01:27 AM
You guys can say anything you want about the big three - but the fact of the matter is no matter what brand, what truck, what engine, what configuration you may or may not have problems. There will always be lemons - there will always be idiots pulling 15,000 lb trailers with a 3/4 ton pickup. Most people that have problems with their pickups expect too much of them.

If you want reliable operation for 10 years with a REAL diesel engine but a MEDIUM DUTY truck. Most people I know drive pickups because they are less expensive to purchase but cost a lot to maintain - especially if you own a diesel - Cummins - D-max - Powerstroke, etc... I don't know of anyone around here driving a D-max with 300,000 miles on it.

Pickups are just what they are designed for - running around, light duty trucks. They are not built to last 500,000 let alone 200,000 miles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Travel'n Trees
01-23-2006, 02:36 AM
But FORD takes no pride in their products too many short cuts, air boxes a $.25 peice would save thousands of dusted motors or the ever loving plastic front bearings in the f150 and expeditions that were wore out at 30K $.50???? Completely over rated horsepowers. My 2003 drove 168 miles before injector pump went out, and then 400 more miles into westrern Kansas where ford said to get a bus and come back in 8 weeks, I said I want my old truck back it has only been 5 days they said no way tough luck. They have me send my truck to prefered dealers because 50 to 180 miles away from breakdown because there normal dealers cannot work on these motors. I had 1 dealer say tow it somewhere else we cannot figure it out???? Then 2 others came up with 2 different lame excuses about what was wrong tried to charge me $12000 for a new engine twice and give me reasons it wouldn't be covered by warranty. Then the next dealer found the problem but still didn't fix it properly. Yes there are lemons it is how the manufacture decides to deal with it.

Smalltimer1
01-23-2006, 08:44 AM
Yes you can always get a good deal on a FORD and their is a good reason why I could have bought a brand new crew cab 4x4 GM 6500 for what I have lost on a FORD under warranty, I was trying to expand my business it has cost me business FORD laughs and says we are fixing it again aren't we pay us another $100 and give the tow guy a couple more hundred every time you drive it and we will try to come up with reasons why this truck won't be covered under warranty. They did this with my last 6 FORDS, I thought boy go get them on A-plan. Power if you want to work it, my wife's escaladewith 23's will pull a trailer better, take a word from someone who has wasted a lot of money this year on FORD's. Buy a Dodge or a duramax the last is my favorite one I have. If you buy a Ford remember diesels are not repaired all dealers, I have been to 4 across the U.S. and have tow bills to show me having to tow it to a preferred dealer. Also my dealer and zone rep said if we use ours around dirt,dust,rock or mulch our warranty would automatically be voided in F-550 4x4 dealer installed crew cab dump truck. And watch the TSD's on the FORD'S. And exhaust gas tempatures, on these will tear themselves apart.

A balloon would float all around the world on your hot air. Mine has been flawless and puts every other pickup on the farm to shame, of GM or Dodge.

Smalltimer1
01-23-2006, 08:46 AM
The heavy pickup market belonged to Ford and it was theirs to lose. GM and Dodge had nothing to offer prior to 01'. Had Ford brought a better transmission earlier and spent some R&D on the 6.0 before releasing it, they could have kept GM specifically at bay. Oldtimer your kidding yourself to think only 3% of 6.0's have had problems. Now the GM trucks have continued to improve (the LLY motor was more of a stand still) and Ford will be starting over with a different engine or significantly reworked and all the issues that go with a new design. The 6.0 has certainly cost Ford market share. GM's portion of the diesel market was 5% in 2000. Now it is 35% where do you think those buyers came from? A large majority are from disgruntled former Ford owners.

Most of GM's market share came from former Dodge owners because of the lack of a decent transmission. That was a direct quote from pickup truck.com .

Smalltimer1
01-23-2006, 08:50 AM
But FORD takes no pride in their products too many short cuts, air boxes a $.25 peice would save thousands of dusted motors or the ever loving plastic front bearings in the f150 and expeditions that were wore out at 30K $.50???? Completely over rated horsepowers. My 2003 drove 168 miles before injector pump went out, and then 400 more miles into westrern Kansas where ford said to get a bus and come back in 8 weeks, I said I want my old truck back it has only been 5 days they said no way tough luck.

What a crock--again!!! 2003's don't have IP's....you're talking IDI's when you say IP.... Your stories really are transparent.:rolleyes:

They have me send my truck to prefered dealers because 50 to 180 miles away from breakdown because there normal dealers cannot work on these motors. I had 1 dealer say tow it somewhere else we cannot figure it out???? Then 2 others came up with 2 different lame excuses about what was wrong tried to charge me $12000 for a new engine twice and give me reasons it wouldn't be covered by warranty. Then the next dealer found the problem but still didn't fix it properly. Yes there are lemons it is how the manufacture decides to deal with it.

Your dealer hunt is normal for any dealer. The dealer decides who is trained to work on what regardless of brand.

Lawnworks
01-23-2006, 09:23 AM
Off he goes!!! Git-r-don smalltimer!

MMLawn
01-23-2006, 11:02 AM
Dude, please! How do you expect anybody to take you even halfway as knowledgeable when you post in your own profile that you have "been in business 30 years".........when you are only 38 friggin years old.. :laugh:

Your Age:
Years in business:
How did you find LawnSite.com?:
Yahoo

MMLawn
01-25-2006, 12:59 PM
Well like I said I didn't really need another truck presently. But the deal on this one with the great price and the fact that it only has 11K miles on it with 2 years and 25K miles left on the 3/36 B2B Warranty and 4 years and 89K left on the engine warranty and that both the Oasis and Carfax reports came back perfect it was so good that I just couldn't walk away from it either so. It also helped me decide it that it was already Red and that is the color of my company trucks. Now I just have to get the lettering done.

So, $27K for the truck, $1,100 to the State for the taxes, title and commercial tags, $1,275 more added on to my Commercial vehicles policy, $83.00 to fill'er up with diesel later, to show you how much I needed it I bought it very late on Friday evening, picked it up Saturday morning and it has been just sitting at the shop every since.....oh well, March is coming and it was great deal... :laugh:

MMLawn
01-25-2006, 01:05 PM
I gotta say since the last Ford trucks I bought was back in 1993 that the front end looks almost as good as my Dodges.....LOL

Lawnworks
01-25-2006, 01:42 PM
That truck looks great... must be nice to have money to blow!

POPO4995
01-25-2006, 02:49 PM
All I have to say is I love my 6.0 POWERSTROKE TURBO DIESEL.....And damn that is a very nice 2005 Dually!:cool: :cool:

lawnjockey51
01-25-2006, 03:37 PM
"All I have to say is I love my 6.0 POWERSTROKE TURBO DIESEL.....And damn that is a very nice 2005 Dually!"

Yeah, like he said.

I would have bought it too ... but you wouldn't give me his number.

Smalltimer1
01-25-2006, 08:48 PM
Well like I said I didn't really need another truck presently. But the deal on this one with the great price and the fact that it only has 11K miles on it with 2 years and 25K miles left on the 3/36 B2B Warranty and 4 years and 89K left on the engine warranty and that both the Oasis and Carfax reports came back perfect it was so good that I just couldn't walk away from it either so. It also helped me decide it that it was already Red and that is the color of my company trucks. Now I just have to get the lettering done.

So, $27K for the truck, $1,100 to the State for the taxes, title and commercial tags, $1,275 more added on to my Commercial vehicles policy, $83.00 to fill'er up with diesel later, to show you how much I needed it I bought it very late on Friday evening, picked it up Saturday morning and it has been just sitting at the shop every since.....oh well, March is coming and it was great deal... :laugh:

Congratulations on the truck! Let me know if I can be of any help with advice on its maintenance, etc.:waving:

dwc
01-25-2006, 09:44 PM
all I can say is document any and all times you discuss anything with the service department about problems you have with the 6.0. save all reciepts, keep a log book of conversations, anything you can possibly think of.
I had an 04 with the 03 engine and it was horrible. I went thru Ford's joke of a dispute settlement board to get them to buy it back and since I didnt have all my conversations documented they denied my request. My service manager was supporting me until right before the meeting when the Ford engineer that had been looking at my truck took him to the back room and when he came back, his story was competley different. He then told the board that there was no problem with my truck and didnt know what i was talking about. Talk about a SCAM!

I now drive a 05 dodge with the Cummins and it is about 100 light years ahead of anything Ford could and does produce. By the way, Dodge had mercedes rebuild their transmissions for 05 and it seems to be great!

Good luck with the new truck!

MMLawn
01-27-2006, 09:11 PM
Thanks guys. Also I think I am going to mount a laptop in this truck and see how that works for us. Be pretty neet to be able to remotely access back to the office from out of town.

Travis Followell
01-28-2006, 05:53 PM

I hate to be the one to break the news to you but Fords break down just like Dodges and chevys and every thing else and I honestly don't think a ford transmission is any better than a Dodge. As far as the new ones go the dodge is probibly better.