PDA

View Full Version : state licenses

cooksjr537
01-19-2006, 09:40 PM
I am going to apply for my county license next week, does anybody know about getting your state licenses in north carolina or do you need one.

MMLawn
01-20-2006, 01:58 PM
The only State Licenses in NC is if you are going to do landscape contracting, advertise landscape contracting or do commercial landscape builds then you will also have to get certified and get a State Issued Landscape Contractors License. In addition if you are going to apply ANY Chemical restricted on not, even something as simple as spraying roundup on the grass in the cracks of the driveway, or even just simple fertilizers, etc., then you will have to be State tested and get your State Issued Pesticide Applicators License also.

If you are doing ONLY basic lawn care such as cutting i.e. mowing, trimming, etc and maybe put down some pine needles or mulch (again no chemicals of any kind) and no landscape designs or builds then there is no "Lawn care" State License, only as you siad a County and City Business License.

The Perfect Lawn Company
01-24-2006, 08:38 PM
As MMLawn said, no license for non-chemicals---- for business license check with the City/Town you leave in b/c you may just need a license from them and not one from the county.
I live in Cornelius within Mecklenburg county and I went downtown Charlotte spending hours checking business names with the Registry of Deeds. and applying for Business License, come to find out I had to get zoning approved at Cornelius City Hall and learn while I was there, that I did not need the Mecklenburg County License but the Cornelius. And the Mecklenburg County license does not override the City/Town requirements. Again check with you local Ctiy Hall first.

cooksjr537
01-24-2006, 11:42 PM
thanks for the info i live in mecklenburg county so that helps me out.