PDA

View Full Version : New hedge trimmer blades???

BufalinoLand
01-20-2006, 12:48 PM
I have a pair of Kawi hedge trimmers that are missing some teeth. Where do I get new ones and how much

mrbray101
01-20-2006, 02:28 PM
talk to a dealer or maybe check ebay

lawnboy dan
01-20-2006, 05:18 PM
check lesco

crzymow
01-20-2006, 07:11 PM
I have a stihl hedgetrimmer, priced a new set of blade, might as well buy a whole new trimmer for what they want. I think they wanted $150 for new blades

ed2hess
01-20-2006, 07:43 PM
I have a stihl hedgetrimmer, priced a new set of blade, might as well buy a whole new trimmer for what they want. I think they wanted $150 for new blades
You might want to get new unit and go with lighter unit like Echo. The price you got for the blades sound about correct.

Roger
01-20-2006, 10:35 PM
I recently checked about new blades for my Stihl HS80, 24" clipper. I was quoted over $200 for an entire blade assembly! I asked them to double check, and asked why would I pay so much for a new blade assembly, when another $125 gets me a new unit? Of course, I did not get an answer.

However, I then asked about just the blades. I think a new blade is $34. Two are needed, so that is $68 for both.

I really doubt something with those amounts. I had already sharpened mine and remounted onto the power head for this off-season work. But, I was looking ahead because mine have a couple of nicks. However, for those prices, I can live with a few nicks.

Perhaps the best reason for buying a new assembly, albeit very costly, is one knows the power head to be good (no 4-mix, if you don't want that model). With care, I think the engine will last a very long time. For me, a known quanity is worth something.