PDA

View Full Version : C-4500 dump bed length?

Green Leaves
01-20-2006, 01:09 PM
Hi,
What is your preference for dump bed length? I have located a new Chevy 05 4500 with an 11 foot bed. That is the only bed length they have in stock and it has contractor drop down sides. I don't think that an extra foot over the 10 is going to be that big of a deal. Do you think that would be too long for hauling and plowing with it. After listening to somebody else I am questioning my decision and would appreciate your feedback.
thanks for your help...

Smalltimer1
01-20-2006, 08:24 PM
Shouldn't be too bad, our dump truck has a 16' bed and its not much of a hassle to maneuver. You definitely wouldn't want a 16' for plowing though.

I'd say 12' would be as much as I'd be willing to negotiate a plow with but that's just me.

Mlc gmc03
01-21-2006, 01:46 AM
those trucks turn much better than say a 3500 does so i would not worry about it at all we have a 04 with a 11ft bed and no we dont plow with it but getting around with it is simple. the view from the cab is great the mirrors are very good and it has that short front end and awsome turning radious whish helps alot. I wouldnt worry about it at all