PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone offer payment by credit card?

Collin
01-20-2006, 01:52 PM
I am wondering of anyone does this and if so have the results been good? More customers from it?

MMLawn
01-20-2006, 02:01 PM
I am wondering of anyone does this

YES, alot of us.

More customers from it?

Nope, very few if any use it and I would say that 95% or more of the LCO's on here that offer it would agree with that. The only ones that have a leaning toward using it in my experience is multi-thousand dollar jobs.

olderthandirt
01-20-2006, 02:14 PM
YES, alot of us.

Nope, very few if any use it and I would say that 95% or more of the LCO's on here that offer it would agree with that. The only ones that have a leaning toward using it in my experience is multi-thousand dollar jobs.

Have to agree 100% and add that those multi thousand dollar jobs make it worth accepting CC

Collin
01-20-2006, 02:15 PM
Thanks

Anyone else?

TWUllc
01-20-2006, 05:29 PM
Friend of mine has it. Says its not worth it. I was looking into one at the time.

BCF
01-20-2006, 06:31 PM
I just have a business paypal account that I can send invoices and customers can use theie cards. Have only used it 5-6 times last year, but I had one estimate I lost because I did not accept cards back then. THe paypal is paid with a small percentage each transaction, not monlthy. It's small enough that I add it to the bill and it doesn't get questioned.

rbriggs
01-20-2006, 07:15 PM
We offer CC payments to our clients and many, many of them use this option. Although, i am in a different field, I was actually surprised at how many clients preferred to pay by CC. We use QuickBooks to run the CC's.

dcondon
01-20-2006, 08:00 PM
We don't offer it and have never been asked to. Just more work for everyone.IMO

olderthandirt
01-20-2006, 08:07 PM
Most people would not use it for a 1 month maintenance bill but give the ones that want to add 10-20k in installations the option and they take advantage of perks THEY receive from using CC. Plus there more likely to buy extras. The extra percentage that the card company charges the co, is added into the price and spread out among many customers.

turfsurfer
01-20-2006, 08:53 PM
I actually just cancelled my quickbooks merchant account today after a 1 year trial with CC's. I thought alot more people would be interested than actually were. The increased revenue didn't justify the monthly fees for me.

nocutting
01-20-2006, 09:25 PM
Intresting......the more city your clients are, the more they are likely to use a credit card.......They'll more likely pre-pay your service contract, to take advantage of the "Miles, or discounts" their CC's give them........I've also noticed alot more "On-line Payments", than in the past........Busy Professionals, seem to like the Time Saveings by being able to do as much on their computer as possible........

Roger
01-20-2006, 10:41 PM
Collin - use the search feature. There are many threads on the topic, especially in the past year.

HOOLIE
01-20-2006, 10:47 PM
I have a few clients that pay their monthly mowing bill by CC...I had expected more people to go this route. I am really pushing this year to get a significant increase in the number of CC customers. If it doesn't work, I will most likely drop it altogether.

It is nice for getting paid for large mulch jobs, past due customers, etc.

nherweck
01-21-2006, 02:58 AM
I have for one season so far...

The first few months were horrible and everyone was afraid to work with cc's with the set up i was using (touch-pay). NOW...I use a Nurit 3010 with only the Store & Forward feature. MANY of my clients pay using this and it is a bit easier on my wallet as well. I no longer wait for payments to arrive to my P.O. Box so I can go deposit them. For bigger jobs, I require a large cash or cc deposit. I've picked up about four clients for the fact that I DO accept cc's. They said it's a major convenience factor for them and I can just charge them as I service (i require an 'agreement' to be signed when I bill per visit or per month). It's a bit costly, but I was spending WAY too much for gas to drive to my P.O. box, then to the bank. ALSO...over the winter it comes in handy BIG TIME. My snow clients have to pay their entire snow season in full before I even start servicing, so with the cc, they can just add it to one of theirs and pay monthly on that. Just my story!